Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 57 - Magoffin 51
Final score Prestonsburg 56 Magoffin 51
P-burg showed me that they mean business tonite i ate my words good job p-burg.
I believe without a doubt that if it hadnt been for those few last fouls we wouldve won this game
Sounds like a pretty sloppy game...I figured Prestonsburg would have blown Magoffin out of the gym..
me 2
I dont get it why people still dont think magoffin can play with anyone
Congrats Blackcats.
pburg by 10? what are you talking about
Does anyone have any stats for this?
The Blackcats didn't play to full potential. I don't know if it was first game jitters or what... it's there, they just need to play with it and not worry about winning or losing... they just need to play ball. If they play it, they'll win. And if they don't they'll end up like tonight or worse!

If the Cats would have played with all they had they would've blown the roof off that place. But what matters is they won, and they did it as a team! Congrats Cats!!

The season has finally started! This is what we've been waiting for!! LET'S GET OUR HEADS IN THE GAME and prove to them it's our DOMINATION year!
Final. Good game for the Blackcats as their opener. Nick McGuire had a stellar game, and Tyler Mullins was fantastic off of the bench. Eric Arnett played well for the Hornets, hitting some clutch shots, but ultimately fouling out.
i mean magoffin played as hard as they could but every time they got a run goin on.. Theyd play even harder and the Refs would Call a Stupid foul that shouldnt have never been called. Even the last foul on Eric arnett was Ridicoulous..
Magoffin County is a scrappy team that can compete, they're very much improved and are looking to repeat from the 2004 season by upsetting someone in the district; however, Prestonsburg was the better team. As far as the statement about how Magoffin County should have won the game, that's absurd. After a poorly played first half by the Blackcats, Jackie Day must have lit a fire under the Blackcats as they never trailed in the second half.
I don't have any stats, but I do know that Nick McGuire played awesome, and Tyler Mullins provided a little kick off the bench with great defensive play. Also I didn't notice that there had already been a thread started, so I started another one, can someone please close it?
No the statement isnt absurd, if eric arnett hadnt have fouled out we definently wouldve won that game
Way to go Blackcats!!!!!
Great job cats keep it up
So Saleen your saying you can predict the future? How do you know for a FACT you would of won the game?
I know magoffin is your team and looks like it was a close game but IDK how you could say if someone didnt foul out you coulda won unless he was michael jordon b.c. what if Pburg would of doubled on that guy and contained him and he didnt score anymore? then the score would of been the same.....
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:No the statement isnt absurd, if eric arnett hadnt have fouled out we definently wouldve won that game
If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be christmas.OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ok, can somebody inform me why Trevor Patton quit or whatever happened to him not even dressing.
"Super_de" Wrote:i mean magoffin played as hard as they could but every time they got a run goin on.. Theyd play even harder and the Refs would Call a Stupid foul that shouldnt have never been called. Even the last foul on Eric arnett was Ridicoulous..

Please, the foul situation favored Magoffin heavily. McGuire did play good, I think he had 16 and around 10 rebounds.
"alfus21" Wrote:Sounds like a pretty sloppy game...I figured Prestonsburg would have blown Magoffin out of the gym..

Just the first half alfus, P-burg scored 34 in the second half compared to there 22 in the first. Prestonsburg also missed way to many free throws. They probably shot 20% from the line.
Prstonsburg did a great job and when it all comes down to it prestonsburg won. It doesnt matter what the refs did or sisnt call it was a good, hard fought game by both teams and prestonsburg proved to be better.
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:No the statement isnt absurd, if eric arnett hadnt have fouled out we definently wouldve won that game

It doesnt matter who fouled out. Prestonsburg beat them fair and square and you neeed to admit it. I know your a hornet fan but you need to give respect where respect is due. GREAT JOB CATS :dance:
Lewis Barnett also did a great job, I think the Blackcats shot 9% the first half. I please correct me if Im wrong but Im sure that the Blackcats had 20 fouls for the game and the Hornets 24 for the game. And you can talk about bad calls towards the end if you like but the game was not well called for eather end of the court from start to finish. First game jitters better be over.
Congrats to the Blackcats on the region victory !
good post jb06
congrats to the blackcats
their was a lot of last second foul shots on the hornets but if u watched that game their is no possible way that you can say it was called one sided
I'm a Hornet fan through and through. I was at the game rooting for the Hornets with everything I had. Let me first say this: The refs called a good game. I disagreed with some of their calls, sure. But they did a good job. It is weak to blame losses on the refs. I've been watching games for years and I've only seen what might be considered as cheating by the officials once or twice. I've seen plenty of poor officiating, though. Last night's game was not one of those.

Let's get to the heart of the matter. The Hornets had the game in control. But the BlackCats fought back into it and took the lead. The Hornets got right back into the game with strong post play. Then they went away from the team concept. Not only did they stop feeding their best post player, they also stopped taking open shots from the outside. Instead, they tried to drive the lane into several defenders. That killed the Hornets.

The BlackCats deserve all kinds of credit for fighting themselves back into the game and staying with the team concept to maintain the lead when they got it. Their best player was relatively ineffective. He was basically shut down in the post. I think almost all his points came from the foul line (from good foul calls, too). But the team kept together and pulled out a hard fought victory.

Congratulations to P'Burg.

Keep your heads up Hornets! The things that caused you to lose this game are easily correctible. If you will lay down your desire for personal achievement and play as a team, you can beat ANYONE in the region. You really can!

Think about it. When was the last time that statement could truly be made about the Hornets? Right now is the time for you, as a team, to commit to each other. You need to commit to playing Coach West's game. Can you do that? If you can, you will be a very good basketball team right now!
"Patton19" Wrote:If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be christmas.OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

haha good post p19
Neihter team impressive from the sound of things. They could always schedule David or Piarist and get their confidence up though........Shelby Valley did......wait a minute Shelby Vallet got beat last night. Oh well you win some you lose some. Neither team can beat Allen Central. I amtelling you right now that the Rebels will win the district and possibly the regional tournament.
Now back to the thread as it is posted Prestonsburg & Magoffin... You Betcha, I admire your outlook, and hope the best for the Hornets. I think they'll jell and beat some teams that overlook them. Well I've seen them play and they are for real! As are the Blackcats. Oh! DTA start a thread on AC if thats what you want to talk about.