Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top linemen in Eastern Ky
2 words TIBBS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Pikevilles line will be real strong next year...look out for casey rowe the MANBEAST.....benches 320.....squats 500..........unstoppable
Straightballa4 Wrote:Chad Blackburn Pike County Central "beast"
Logan Clark Pike County Central 6'2 335lbs.

These two guys are strong. Both can bench over 250. And squat over 400. They will be seniors in 05'.

These are two good choices, but I would also throw Corey Carter in there. And I think that the Palazollo kid has potential to be a pretty decent center.
from valley key lineman returning next year would be adam "pudge" ratliff, justin white, and tyler cable
PIKEVILLE...D-LINE....You got Maynard and Lockhart at Anchors then u got bryant and rowe in the middle....nuthin gets through....should be tough anyway.
O-line Tackles are Rowe and Maynard Guards will be Bryant and Lockhart.........Chase will have the protection he needs.......All of this though is IMO
cant wait to see these kids names in the paper. I wonder how many will actually make it though?
actually.......Linemen dont usually get their names in the paper but i think that pikevilles line will get the respect it needs not in the paper but on the turf
Pburg only has one slot to fill this year and thats for Zack Lafferty that is a very good O-line and D-line player..but last year he started as a sompmore who can lay a smack to someone has small as he is for a linemen..Tyler Layne..hes benching like 275 and squating close to 300 popunds he is going to have some very good year in his career
blackcatfan Wrote:Pburg only has one slot to fill this year and thats for Zack Lafferty that is a very good O-line and D-line player..but last year he started as a sompmore who can lay a smack to someone has small as he is for a linemen..Tyler Layne..hes benching like 275 and squating close to 300 popunds he is going to have some very good year in his career

did you say that right? He benches 275 and Squats only 300??
yeah man im pretty sure of it..cause last year as a sompmore he was squating 315 and so he should be able to squat more then that now..and this kid has some massive arms..im pretty sure i was correct on that
one of the top linemen ever in the mountains i would have to say could have been Jeremy Caudill. he was a defensive linemen mainly though
ONLY 300????...................Thats nuts.......casey rowe is benching 320 squating close to 500.....heres the scary part...SHHHH hes only a sophomore
blackcatfan Wrote:yeah man im pretty sure of it..cause last year as a sompmore he was squating 315 and so he should be able to squat more then that now..and this kid has some massive arms..im pretty sure i was correct on that

Hmm. I've never seen anyone who can almost match their bench with their squat. But there's a first for everything. lol
on strength pudge ratliff from valley is benchin 335 and sqauting 480 on top of being 6'2 300 pounds and very fast first step off the ball
Sounds like Rowe will have a nice match-up with Ryan Blackburn from BELFRY!!! Smile
Bout 6'4 310 Great big gigantic individual!! Cant wait to see.....
blackcatfan Wrote:Pburg only has one slot to fill this year and thats for Zack Lafferty that is a very good O-line and D-line player..but last year he started as a sompmore who can lay a smack to someone has small as he is for a linemen..Tyler Layne..hes benching like 275 and squating close to 300 popunds he is going to have some very good year in his career

only squating around 300. lineman are made in the squat rack. get him around 500 and he will be good.
You all may not agree but i think shannon hamilton for Betsy Layne is one of the best lineman in the mountains today...........he is amazingly strong fast and he is smart on how he plays and what he does........he is mainly a d lineman but when he goes in on offense the QB never gets touched ...........no to mintion he is getting a ton of colleges looking at him including alot of div. 1 schools ........this guy isnt tlaked about much and he needs alot more credit than he is givin or known for!
Kyle Carter - Lawrence County
Kyle Carter from Lawrence Co and the big kid from Rockcastle should be the top two this year. They are both legit D1 players.

As far as past linemen there are a ton but you have to start with Phil Ratcliff form Lawrence 2 time D1 All American and Jeremy Caudill playing with Amstradam and the Eagles right now. Deaton was tough too!
2005 for south floyd dusty moore 3rd team all-state, all moutain team...........really strong kid with great foot work........Ryan 2002 or 2003 graduate from paintsville Ryan Brown was the best lineman i ever played against
shiggin#68 Wrote:You all may not agree but i think shannon hamilton for Betsy Layne is one of the best lineman in the mountains today...........he is amazingly strong fast and he is smart on how he plays and what he does........he is mainly a d lineman but when he goes in on offense the QB never gets touched ...........no to mintion he is getting a ton of colleges looking at him including alot of div. 1 schools ........this guy isnt tlaked about much and he needs alot more credit than he is givin or known for!

Smile Alot of D-1 schools? Like who?
sf will have a very good line with
mattaw critendon
gary day
brad muncy
bone crusher
dereck triplet
I'm closing this thread down, it was started in Jan of 2005. If you want to talk about top linemen in EKY in 2006, start a new thread.