Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Kentucky Soccer Club starting
This club is based out of Ashland,Ky and is intended to help improve soccer in North Eastern,Ky/South Eastern and help high school soccer teams compete for state championships. I am sure other areas of Eastern,ky could try out next time they have try outs.

http://ekfcsoccer.com/

EASTERN KENTUCKY FUTBOL CLUB

It is our pleasure to introduce the Eastern Kentucky Futbol Club (EKFC).
This newly chartered club will provide the players of this area an opportunity for select soccer that has never been offered. The club is being organized with input and support from local coaches, recreational leagues, business owners and others interested in bringing high level, competitive soccer to this area.
The club will be based out of Ashland. Teams will practice in Ashland or the surrounding communities.
One of the goals is to provide our local players will competitive, year around soccer that doesn't require excessive amounts of travel or expenses.
UPDATE! Thanks to all who participated in our first Tryouts, especially our volunteers who donated their time and expertise! We enjoyed a crowd of up to 250 at one time, yielding approximately 180 Players, with many more commitments from Players who were unable to attend due to prior commitments. An Alternate Tryout day will be held to afford interested Players the opportunity to be evaluated and join EKFC! Now is the time to Join! Get in the Game! We are excited about getting the Club Soccer season underway!
ALTERNATE Tryouts are this Saturday, November 14th at Boyd County High School's Soccer Complex on US Route 60 in Cannonsburg (the club is not affiliated with any school or recreational league.
Tryout times are as follows:
All Age Groups [B]2 pm[/B]
This club will provide opportunities for all skill levels. Athletes that play more than one sport are welcome!
There is a writeup in todays news paper about it and i'll post it later when they post it on their site.
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...91014.html

Soccer club off to strong start
EKFC aims to improve youth soccer in region
Mark Maynard
If Eastern Kentucky Futball Club fulfills its goal, soccer in the area will be greatly improved in a short time.

The fledgling club, which already has 200 members, seems to be off to a roaring start.

“We had an overwhelming response with very little advertising, so to speak,” said Denny Henderson, one of the club’s founders. “We had 160 at our first tryout.”

Players have come from all across the region. The club is formed much like the West Virginia Rowdies, with age-graded teams from third grade through high school (U9 to U19).

Henderson, Hector Lazirraga and Stos Hall thought it was time for northeastern Kentucky to have a soccer club much like the highly successful Rowdies from West Virginia.

“The Rowdies are a great organization,” Henderson said. “I coached last year, too (with the Rowdies). He (Hall) had so many Kentucky girls (on a Rowdies teasm) he couldn’t play in the West Virginia State Cup or the West Virginia Open Cup. There needs to be something to offer these Kentucky kids.”

Local high school coaches will benefit the most in the long run, Henderson said.

“The main thing that we’ve lost, as far as high school soccer, is that once November hits, our players, for the most part, haven’t had an outlet to continue to grow as a player until the following June — unless they’re willing to drive to Barboursville, Charleston or Lexington,” Henderson said. “The St. Xaviers and Lexington Catholics of the world could play 10 months out of the year right at home.”

Henderson said the Eastern Kentucky Futball Club will be a competitive organization that also competes 10 months out of the year.

“It gives our region a chance to develop and compete in other areas of the state,” he said.

Henderson said there’s a level of commitment that’s expected of players but they’d work with athletes who want to play other sports. Registration for the club is $50.

However, scholarship programs have been instituted and there will be some fundraising to offset the low registration cost.

“Compared to what people are paying in West Virginia, it is ridiculously cheaper,” Henderson said. “But we won’t let economics stop a kid from reaching that potential.”

So far, the response to the club has been tremendous, Henderson said. He has enough coaches for 14 teams.

“If we grow past that, we’ll be recruiting more coaches,” he said. “This is for anybody who is wanting to engage in competitive soccer.”

Henderson said the first year will be more developmental but he expects a couple of groups to be highly competitive in their age group.

“The U17 boys and U17 girls are going to be good,” he said. “The girls are made up primarily of Russell and Ashland (high school) girls. That should be a very good team.”

Henderson is the director of coaching for the club. Lazirraga is the president, Robert Clark the vice-president, Kevin Soucyi the treasurer and Barbara Belcher the secretary.

Belcher is Henderson’s mother and she helped grow a similar program in Kernersville, N.C., when her son was young. “She’s seen it grow from grassroots to something quite big,” Henderson said.

A typical season would be 20 to 30 games, including both indoor and outdoor soccer, Henderson said.

“Success is out there,” he said. “The No. 1 thing we’re focused on is player development both on the soccer field and in the athlete’s life. We’ll help them in any endeavor.”
I have to agree with the news paper article that that the u17 girls will be good. Russell is annually one of the best soccer teams in east,ky and Ashland just coming off their first ever region championship mainly due to Russell winning most of them and Rowan County winning a few here and there.
BlackcatStudent Wrote:watch out 4 mr. golden boot c-p caleb slim shady eminem petry
Is that suppose to be somebody who tried out for the boys u17 or u19? What school are they from?
I can't wait to see how this U-17 Girls team is going to handle themselves. They seem to have alot of talent.
12/21/09 - Teams are still forming and final rosters have not been set. There is still time to.... Get in the game! Call 606-393-5772 for more information.

http://ekfcsoccer.com/

Congrats to the EKFC! I am so glad to see soccer invading Eky. I see the KSSL has added the EKFC teams on their schedules. I am looking forward to visiting their home fields and playing. Its always tuff for start up clubs to get started initially, but if you find the going tuff, keep your heads up! You guys will truely be pioneers for soccer in EKY!! Good LUCK!!!!:Thumbs:
Check KSSL's schedule. Louisa has a U12 girls team that has been playing select for 2 years, and Grayson has a club called Tri State United. Sorry, but EKFC is not the pioneers of select soccer in eastern KY.
:igiveup: Close enough, I have never heard of neither one of them...I do wish them good luck in the future. I will add this...Daniel Boone wasnt the first white man in Ky, but he is still considered a pioneer...:igiveup:
I'm not real familiar with the EKFC, having only seen them play maybe once or twice, however I heard their U-16 boys team will be promoted to the premier division of the KSSL. I must say that is a tremendous accomplishment for a fairly new club. Can anyone verify this for me? :thanks:
Yes, their U-16 team has been promoted to the premier division.
Hi! I cant believe this, this is really surprise for me. Congrats and Best of luck to u.[URL=http://www.trampolinejumpers.co
Has anybody heard anything about a new club in this area called FC of Kentucky. I heard they had a few teams in this area, and a couple of them scrimmaged EKFC this past weekend.
FCKY is not a new club, but a club that has been formed for several years, they are based in Winchester, Ky and Mt Sterling. Confusedinglepar
I was told that there was kids from all over this area, Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Louisa, Ashland and Grayson all playing for this FC Club?
TongueirateSho then you are most likely talking about the East Ky Futbol Club. EKFC two totally different clubs....
I have received verification that there are 3 teams in this area that are satellite teams of FC of Kentucky. 2 U10 teams, girls and boys, and 1 U15 girls team. If you check KSSL's website, there are 2 FC of Kentucky U15 girls teams. There is a White and a Blue team. The Blue team is a group of girls from Winchester and the White team is a group of girls from this area.
Ok I understand now!,, I had no idea they had satellite teams in that area. Sometimes I'm a little slow...lol