Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2010
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I have to correct you on 3 things for the coming year that stand behind Alpha Boy:

1. Morgan lost mostly nothing off of last years team with a ton of talent coming up in the sophomore and freshman class. They did have a super middle school team (and were pretty darn good this year) and they are in the system and will be much better next year and improve each year.

2. Bath Co. lost nothing off last years team period. Their talent was in the freshman and sophomore class. They also had a strong middle school team that actually played Morgan for the conference title 2 years in a row. (I think they split). They will have a team lead by junior and sophomores. They to will be much better and will improve each year for several years.

Where are you getting this information that these teams didnt lose anything.

-Morgan lost its Leading rusher, second leading rusher, and third leading rusher to graduation, off of a team with two wins. MC ran the ball 95% of the
time.

-Morgan lost 4 of 5 startin O-Lineman., as well as all three starting D-Lineman.

-------------

-Bath Co. lost its leading rusher last season in Bowling, They also lost their only decent playmaker in Josh Terry. This was an offense that only scored around two tds. a game.

-Bath also lost three of its four leading tacklers.

-If you watched Bath Co. last season you would realized that their best scoring option was the Kicker, who was also a senior.

-They return nohing off of a team that won two game, one of which were over Morgan.

----------------
You guys are absolutly nuts!!!!

Anyone who says that Bath, or Morgan return a lot is just telling a lie. Leslie did play a soph QB last season who had a strong arm. I can see him having a pretty good future at Leslie Co.

Leslie does not bring back a lot though, They also lose their leading rusher, both leadng rec., and also both leading scoring threats.
These teams return nothing, maybe a few solid players here of there, but nothing that jumps out at you. IMO Shelby Valley will still be a 25-30 point favorite over these teams. The games betweem Shelby Valley vs. KCC, East Ridge, Morgan, and Bath County havnt even been close. Bath had a great couple of classes of talent, but has fallen off the map again.

In the last couple of years here is SV's record and scores against these teams that you think are gonna flip the script and beat up on Shelby Valley.

In the last three seasons SV is 3-0 vs. KCC (48-0, 46-14, 55-0) That is a Avg. score of 49-4

In the last three seasons SV is 3-0 vs ER ( 52-13, 60-14, 61-19) That is a Avg. score of 57-15

In the last three seasons SV is 3-0 vs MC ( 49-8, 45-0, 49-0) That is a Avg. score of 47-3

In the last three seasons SV is 3-1 vs BC (23-12, 21-13, 12-14, 49-0) That is a Avg. score of 27- 9

Last season SV was 2-0 Vs. Leslie Co (41-0, 49-14) That is a Avg score of 45-7.

That makes Shelby Valley 14-1 vs. these schools.
You are so conceited on Shelby Valley. They will be terrible as they have been every year except Last year and in 99'. You know absolutly nothing about any topic on here.
You said earlier that they will have a smart QB, but he's slower than 4 of the linemen, and he is weaker than most middle school students.

I think they need to spend more time doing actual football activities than painting the locker room.
Alpha Male, you stated that you know all about sports in a previous post and that you were a fan of all mountain teams. Now I do not know much about this years up and coming team but i know that in the past three years valleys record is north of 500. That combined with 2 playoff wins and domination of, morgan, leslie, knott, pike central, east ridge means that until those teams prove they can beat SV then shelby valley should be put ahead of them.

Also, valley has produced several good teams in the past years, my immediate ties with the program were cut loose in 06 when i had some family members that played for them, but I believe they started that season 4-1 or 5-1 and lost there starting qb to knee surgery and they did not win a game afterwards, in 07 they go 6-6 and played a very tough schedule, they finished the 08 season at 500 as well and this season at 8-4 so things seem to be changing at valley and with the info you know on them you seem to be from the area so you need to jump on board or keep your opinions to your self.
Alpha_Male Wrote:You are so conceited on Shelby Valley. They will be terrible as they have been every year except Last year and in 99'. You know absolutly nothing about any topic on here.
You said earlier that they will have a smart QB, but he's slower than 4 of the linemen, and he is weaker than most middle school students.

I think they need to spend more time doing actual football activities than painting the locker room.

What does any of this mean? I'm stating facts to you, and what does painting a high school lockeroom have to do with anything? I dont have a clue on what you're speaking of.

Shelby Valley is upper/middle the pack in EKY footbal. Theyre not Belfry, Breathitt, LCC, or Lawrence. They are knocking on the door of Pburg. They have beaten PCC, and Dominate the schools I suppose that youre rooting for.
Shelby Valley lost everything, all of it. They are back to the bottom of the pack. It will be 5 or 6 years untill they are actually going to compete for a district title again....

2 of the past 3 years of dominance you brought up, Shelby Valley was led by Kevin Saunders who IMO is by far the best coach to ever grace the halls of SV, and probably one of the best coaches to coach in eastern Kentucky. This new coach not so much. But last year he had what 17 seniors who had Saunders bred into them. Now they dont have that leadership or anywhere near that talent. 2010 will be one of the worst years SV will ever have on record.

Plus you yourself pointed out how bad those teams SV has owned the past few seasons were.

They WERE knocking on P-burgs door but now it will go back to how it used to be where P-Burg names the score.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Shelby Valley lost everything, all of it. They are back to the bottom of the pack. It will be 5 or 6 years untill they are actually going to compete for a district title again....

2 of the past 3 years of dominance you brought up, Shelby Valley was led by Kevin Saunders who IMO is by far the best coach to ever grace the halls of SV, and probably one of the best coaches to coach in eastern Kentucky. This new coach not so much. But last year he had what 17 seniors who had Saunders bred into them. Now they dont have that leadership or anywhere near that talent. 2010 will be one of the worst years SV will ever have on record.

Plus you yourself pointed out how bad those teams SV has owned the past few seasons were.

They WERE knocking on P-burgs door but now it will go back to how it used to be where P-Burg names the score.

My point is look at their schedule, its top heavy. A Shelby Valley team rebuilding will beat a ER team, or Morgan team rebuilding anyday of the week.

10 games next season

Wins-
ER
Morgan Co
Tug Valley
Bath Co.
KCC
Leslie Co.

Losses-
Lawrence Co
Clintwood Va.
P-burg.
But IMO the only 2 surefire wins are ER and Tug Valley.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Morgan was a young team and 2 years ago had one of the better middle school programs I have ever seen. I think the final of the Bath game was 49-0 with SV's JV not scoring at all. KCC now has Jay Cobb, one of the better coaches in the state. East Ridge will be considerably better talent wise and have an up and comming good coach in Brad Allen.
Last year was last year, Of those 288 pionts Valley probably lost near 260 of those points and 2 All-State defensive players along with the whole defensive line,both tight ends, 3 starters on the O-line, There WHOLE back field, and Dillon Hughes who was byfar there best secondary player....Logan Lucas will have to be the horse they ride next year, and IMO he is not the caliber of player that can do that. There best payers are Austin Kranzman, Dustin Huttenstien and Derek Hiatt who are all lineman who will have to play both ways. I just dont think 3 pretty good lineman and one decent skill player are gonna make SV a team with very many if any wins. Teams will almost score at will next year the second and third level defenders are not very talented with rhe exception of Logan Lucas who statistically will be their everything next year.......they do have some other players who will contribute like Lucas Fields, Austin Hampton, Matt May and Rusty Roberts. And Lucas is to small this year to be a featured back. Mabey next year he'll bulk up and be one of the main backs. Hampton is only a sophmore, Matt May just doesnt seem to have the work ethic, and Rusty has to little experience to be a star player. Brett Reynolds may be good but I never heard his name any last year at Paintsville.........but that is just my opinoin.

Hey Alpha Male,thanks for at least saying I'm a contributing player.
I might just be a sophmore,but I will still make the plays happen on the feild.
Not only do we have 4 good players,but several.
You will be supprised when season starts with the talent we have.
Alpha_Male Wrote:But IMO the only 2 surefire wins are ER and Tug Valley.

Got to check out the locker room today, and it looks great btw.
How many returning starters for Valley and what positions? Not the guys that got to play some but how many starters return?
Shelby Valley has proven to be a dominate program. They lost many seniors this past year but they will rebuild i see them haveing a decent season nxt year with a strong o-line leading the way.
Okay..Listen up Alpha Male..I am sick of all the non sense you are talking about on here..You are talking with ignorance..How about you stop bashing our football team..I think we are going to have a descent year next season..And Bret is going to be a huge factor for our team..So enough of the bull crap..You will just see when season comes around..We are going to shock a lot of people...And an 0-11 season..If you are going to say something like that then you dont need to be posting on here anymore..You dont even know what you are talking about..So shut your mouth and stop all the bashing.
Bleeding Blue Wrote:Okay..Listen up Alpha Male..I am sick of all the non sense you are talking about on here..You are talking with ignorance..How about you stop bashing our football team..I think we are going to have a descent year next season..And Bret is going to be a huge factor for our team..So enough of the bull crap..You will just see when season comes around..We are going to shock a lot of people...And an 0-11 season..If you are going to say something like that then you dont need to be posting on here anymore..You dont even know what you are talking about..So shut your mouth and stop all the bashing.

That's one f the most hypocritical statements iv ever heard from a Shelby Valley fan. Year in and year out, I hear nothing but constant bashing of smaller teams like East Ridge and Phelps. But when someone does it right back to SV you get offended? Wow...
I was told by Sheldon Clark head coach Shawn Hager that SC would be playing at Shelby Valley August 20. He was just waiting for the contract to be signed.:Thumbs:
^ I heard the same thing. That will get ugly.
Shelby Valley will return to the cellar next season. They'll win 4 games, and the school will be fine with it.
I just heard from a source that QB Z. Norman is being looked at by Ohio State and Virginia Tech!

Any truth to this?
Sheldon Clark vs SV.
SC name the score. SV- 4
Foxtrot Wrote:How many returning starters for Valley and what positions? Not the guys that got to play some but how many starters return?

Still no one knows?

How about JV. Did they dominate or do well?
Uncle Fester Wrote:I just heard from a source that QB Z. Norman is being looked at by Ohio State and Virginia Tech!

Any truth to this?

Thats what im hearing, He has a special combonation of size and speed unlike any player ive seen in the mountains. He is like a combo of Tim Couch and David Jones......but better.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Thats what im hearing, He has a special combonation of size and speed unlike any player ive seen in the mountains. He is like a combo of Tim Couch and David Jones......but better.

****!:biggrin:
foxtrot Wrote:****!:biggrin:

wow!!
as i recall you said Z. Norman was slow. and wasnt a smart QB. now your saying this? first you bash SV now your rooting for them?
H3AD HUNT3R Wrote:as i recall you said Z. Norman was slow. and wasnt a smart QB. now your saying this? first you bash SV now your rooting for them?

Yehhhhhhh. What up wit dat? :moon:
Z. Norman one of the slowest skilled kids on the team. He cant pass that great either. So IMO coach norman should search the halls for a qb. I was told today that valley dropped tug valley for pulaski? Why would a coach do that? I dont see valley winning 3 games this year. But you never kno they may surprise.
Alpha male, wow! Didn't know you knew so much. Valleys program will go down. But they will still compete very well. As their jv lost what, 2 games? Lucas fields rushed very well in jv as well as Logan Lucas. I agree Zack Norman needs to work on throwing. But, he's a smart QB. He knows atleast a little bit of what he's doing. But, who else has experience that can just step in and take over as QB? Brett Reynolds should be in the backfield with Lucas fields and Logan Lucas (maybe rusty roberts). The defense they will have features Austin kranzman who I heard was working very hard to get on shape and stronger. Derek hiatt, who started as a freshmen. Brett Reynolds, Logan Lucas, Austin Hampton, and rusty roberts. As far as I can see, the talent should be there. It's up to the team to go as far as they can. It will be a down season from last year but, very exciting!
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Brett Reynolds should be in the backfield with Lucas fields and Logan Lucas (maybe rusty roberts).

:thatsfunn
Uncle Fester Wrote::thatsfunn

You think he shouldn't be there?