Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 41 - Lawrence County 0
Last night Bell County put everything up to stop the run and made us pass. It worked. They crushed us on runs and we never scored relying on the pass. gret coaching move by Bell. What if we had done the same thing? Would they have maybe not been as successful if they were forced to pass? I dont really know.
They exploited your weakness, any good coach that has the horses would do the same, Bell has the horses and obviously their coaches observed your weakness in a film or 2. At this level 1 dimensional teams rarely move on but u all had a great year and great turn around u just ran into a superior opponet and I do not think there was anything you could have done, they are just better this year but dont feel bad they are likely better than all or atleast one of the top 2
Bell's coach said a few years back he can beat any team that is one dimensional. We tried to appear Non-one way-dimensional but we really were a one dimensional team that did throw the ball some.
Bell has a really good coaching staff and talented team. If both teams was able to shut down each others ground game then they may not have put up as many points. I still believe Bell would have came out on top though because of the athletes they have at receiver in Raines, Lowe, and Davenport. If Madon got the time to throw the ball around a bit he could have done some work.
We got outcoached plain and simple. Bell is a heck of a team and has a great coaching staff. I managed to get down on the sideline on both sides some during the game.

I was embarrassed by what was going on for LC during the game. We had players cussing at Bell before the game. Cussing at Refs and Bell players during the game. Taking cheap shots and throwing punches. I was very embarrassed by what was going on. IMO we could have easily had 2 more player threw out of the game. I knew 1 of the officals and got to speak to him after the game and he said "LC will never go anywere big until the Coaches get control over the Players."

Anyways it was a great ride but the last 2 weeks resembled a circus instead of Football. We are better than what we showed last night but all the talking, jawing and showboating caught up with us. Bell is a great team without Pee'ing them off, we simply woke the giant and made THEM VERY VERY MAD. I think 1 of the asst. coaches is the main one behind the acts put on. If I where Coach Salmons I would tell him to shut up or hit the road.
I think l.c has a good team i was shocked at how much they have improved since last year. IF they had focused on football instead of the other antics the game would of been a lot closer .i believe bell would of won anyway they are peaking at the right time .they need to get settled down and redeam themselves for next year and go undefeated again .hope we can play for the region championship next with a better athmosphere.
catwoman Wrote:Last night Bell County put everything up to stop the run and made us pass. It worked. They crushed us on runs and we never scored relying on the pass. gret coaching move by Bell. What if we had done the same thing? Would they have maybe not been as successful if they were forced to pass? I dont really know.

To answer your question..you played most of the night in a 6-3 defense with the safety walked up. Then you went to 7-2 with corners man to man. You played more run def. than Bell did. So.......

I think you should have passed more...I don't understand why they don't use the QB more than they did. #32 was a big target and should have been used more. #11 had good hands also. That needs to be your question.
Xerxes Wrote:To answer your question..you played most of the night in a 6-3 defense with the safety walked up. Then you went to 7-2 with corners man to man. You played more run def. than Bell did. So.......

I think you should have passed more...I don't understand why they don't use the QB more than they did. #32 was a big target and should have been used more. #11 had good hands also. That needs to be your question.

Very true. I think Bell continued to run the ball to prove a point. As I said I think our antics just made them MAD. :HitWall:
If Bell had to throw the ball they could have enough to get the job done but Lawrence looked ok throwing the ball should have done it a little more
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TrueDawg Wrote:Very true. I think Bell continued to run the ball to prove a point. As I said I think our antics just made them MAD. :HitWall:

I don't think that is the case. Coach Hilton has, and always will run the ball until a team can stop Bell. He controls the game.....the clock....rarely loses a lead...and wears down the opposing team. He will throw when he has to....but a constant battering of the big Bell line, quickly wears down the opponents. I think that was part of the LC kids frustration. They had had great success running...and their defense had had success stopping the run on somewhat weaker teams. Hilton is nearly the all-time winningest coach in KY history....and this is one of the main reasons why.
idk i think we could have been effective throwing it also..
We're going to try this again.

However, it will be watched very, very closely.

:Thumbs:
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Congrats to the Bobcats!

Lawrence County players have nothing to hang their heads about. They won only a handful of games over the past two seasons and went undefeated and to the regional championship and lost to the defending state champions. Hold your heads up high because you guys did something little Lawrence County teams have.

Best of luck to Bell versus Boyle County!
TrueDawg Wrote:We got outcoached plain and simple. Bell is a heck of a team and has a great coaching staff. I managed to get down on the sideline on both sides some during the game.

I was embarrassed by what was going on for LC during the game. We had players cussing at Bell before the game. Cussing at Refs and Bell players during the game. Taking cheap shots and throwing punches. I was very embarrassed by what was going on. IMO we could have easily had 2 more player threw out of the game. I knew 1 of the officals and got to speak to him after the game and he said "LC will never go anywere big until the Coaches get control over the Players."

Anyways it was a great ride but the last 2 weeks resembled a circus instead of Football. We are better than what we showed last night but all the talking, jawing and showboating caught up with us. Bell is a great team without Pee'ing them off, we simply woke the giant and made THEM VERY VERY MAD. I think 1 of the asst. coaches is the main one behind the acts put on. If I where Coach Salmons I would tell him to shut up or hit the road.

Chuke Williams would have never allowed this to go on....
Hats off to a very good Bell Co. team and good luck next week!
lpd826 Wrote:Chuke Williams would have never allowed this to go on....

You are exactly right!
Thanks for a fun season!!
Lawrence County done a real tremendous job this season going 12-1 as district champions and regional runner-ups is 1 heck of a team and going against defending state champion Bell County at Log Mountain giving everything you all had for 48 minutes will be a rememberance of Kentucky High School Football this season. My hat is 100% off to the Bulldogs. They will be considered in my book the mountain team of the year and for Coach Salmons, he has done a great job turning the accolades around from 1 under season to a high season is just wonderful. He will be awarded in my book mountain coach of the year. Good Job Bulldogs......Keep your heads up, there is a definate good future ahead.
Coming into this season I just wanted to watch LC get their first win and improve on the season as they go. I think they did that and they showed a lot of people out there that the Bulldogs are a good team and are hungry as ever. I have always been a Bulldog fan since I moved here when I was 2 yrs old, I played youth league football,middle school, and some high school. There is nothing better in my eyes than Bulldog football on a Friday night. This team gave this town something to look forward to every Friday. LC used to be so dominant during the 90's, and have had a couple of bad years. Coach Salmons is a heck of a coach,very disciplined,classy,hard working man who has got this team headed in the right direction.He is very involved with the program not only in the high school, but the middle school, and the youth program.Great job this year Bulldogs there is nothing to be ashamed of. You were only down 7-0 with 2:00 remaining in the 1st half to the defending state champs at their place;That is not such a bad thing considering Bell has blown people out in the 1st half the past 2 games. I'm proud to be a Bulldog and look forward to;matter of fact can't wait til next season already. Go BULLDOGS!!!!!!
I enjoy going to Bell watching them play. It was a great atmosphere friday night. My hat goes off to the defensive team. unbelievable game scheme. Good Luck friday at Boyle.
I heard Bell needs a new visitor locker room now.
former Wrote:I heard Bell needs a new visitor locker room now.

Yep and LC will be paying for it. Thats a good little deal there.
No surprise here at all looking at this score.

Heard there was a pretty serious incident in this game involving players, anyone care to explain through PM?

Not trying to stir up any trouble, I'm just curious.
TrueDawg Wrote:We got outcoached plain and simple. Bell is a heck of a team and has a great coaching staff. I managed to get down on the sideline on both sides some during the game.

They done the same crap to KC when we went up there. All the LC people got on here saying nothing happend. It was all in our imagination and we were sore losers. Funny thing is we did not tear your vistor lockerroom to pieces. :Thumbs:
What did Larry West do to get ejected from the game?
WildDawg Wrote:What did Larry West do to get ejected from the game?

It would appear that the first flag for unsportmanship was on the no-call for pass interference....I think the film shows it was not....but he argued with the official....and perhaps said something a little strong. Out came the flag. I believe the second was for unsportmanlike conduct....and if I am not mistaken in KY it is automatic ejection for the second personal foul/unsportmanlike in one game.....can someone clarify.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:It would appear that the first flag for unsportmanship was on the no-call for pass interference....I think the film shows it was not....but he argued with the official....and perhaps said something a little strong. Out came the flag. I believe the second was for unsportmanlike conduct....and if I am not mistaken in KY it is automatic ejection for the second personal foul/unsportmanlike in one game.....can someone clarify.

Yes in KY anytime a player gets 2 personal foul/unsportmanlike penalties in 1 game it is a automatic ejection. Thats what happened this year to Bell's Cody Marcum at the Marion Co game. He got two and was ejected and had to sit out the next game which was Johnson Central.
what did they do to the lockerroom
I must say this and I know that LC will not like it. How can a lockeroom get that torn up and your coach not know what is going on. He is responsible by being there and or making sure there is an assistant there. The on field actions, he again should have put a stop to them and he did not. He allowed it to continue way to long.He ignored the situation. He is responsible.
Judging by the way some of the student body acted towards the visitors when I was there, nothing would surprise me out of the LC faithful.