Bell County 9th

Russell 14th

Letcher Central 15th

Rockcastle County 17th

East Carter 18th

Harlan County 19th

Johnson Central 24th
Jon Renneker of Ashland finished 3rd this year with a time of 16:58.02

Tanner Alexander of Russell finishes 9th for his senior season with what I believe is his personal best time at 17:13.59.
Congrats to all the above listed teams on good seasons.:Thumbs:
I was wrong about alexander his personal best after going through past results was about a 17:07.

Renneker really improved a lot last year he was Running high 17s and this year he was down to below 17. If he could get his time down on the state course to about 16:10 from 16:58 he would run away with the individual state title next year.
Congrats Cougars! Best finish in state competition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think Tanner Alexander did pretty good at state considering the news paper said in todays sunday paper that he had the swine flue and mononucleosis simultaneously this season.
Tanner did great considering what he has been through. I hate that this had to happen his senior year. Jonathon and Tanner have had a friendly rivalry in both cross country and track. I'm sure Jon is going to miss that next year. Ashland has no seniors on this team so next years team should only get stronger. Congrats to both teams and congrats to Coach Caudill.
Tanner is a great 3 sports athlete he excells in track,cross country,Basketball and Russell is lucky to have him. He also seems to take pride in representing his school as i'm sure Jon does too.
Didn't Tanner also have a problem with a stress fracture even before the illnesses?
Spongebob Wrote:Didn't Tanner also have a problem with a stress fracture even before the illnesses?
I'm not really sure all i've heard so far was the mono and swine flue.
Ok. I could be mistaken but I think I heard that somewhere. I know this is a 2A thread but Fairview girls came in third in 1A. They have a great program. This area is really building up a lot of their XC programs. In a season where football and soccer dominate it is good to see.
The Letcher Central girls are young, so there is a lot coming back next year. Kelsey Mullins, and the Eldridge kid is sophomore and freshman I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:The Letcher Central girls are young, so there is a lot coming back next year. Kelsey Mullins, and the Eldridge kid is sophomore and freshman I think.
same for Russell they had 2 8th graders a 9th grader and 2 11th graders.

no seniors

Boys team had 3 7th graders 1 8th grader, 1 9th grader 2 10th graders and 2 seniors
Tyler Smith who won individual region is just a junior so he has one more year. Does anyone know what he will run in track? I know he is one heck of a wrestler.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Tyler Smith who won individual region is just a junior so he has one more year. Does anyone know what he will run in track? I know he is one heck of a wrestler.

2 mile, 1 mile, an maybe 800m.

gonna be tough doing tennis an track both.
wrestler_119 Wrote:2 mile, 1 mile, an maybe 800m.

gonna be tough doing tennis an track both.

What?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

you asked what events im running in track an im doing the 1 mile, 2 mile, and maybe the 800 meter.

i also play tennis and i said that it is going to be hard to do both without them interferring with one another as far as practices and meets.

sorry if my post wasnt clear.
It was clear, I said what because how are you going to do it? Can't keep a athlete down that is for sure. Will ask you a question in another thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!