Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Collinsworth's College Options
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2009/1...e-options/

Highlands football coach Dale Mueller said tonight that senior running back Austin Collinsworth recently received an offer from Oregon. He also said the two-year all-state player has been accepted to Harvard. (Ivy League schools don’t offer athletic scholarships.)

Collinsworth has several Division I offers — including Stanford, Vanderbilt, UK, UC and Louisville.
Just saw this on Jody Demling's blog:

Fort Thomas Highlands running back Austin Collinsworth has been sidelined with an injury but that hasn't slowed the colleges from coming after the standout.

The senior has missed a couple of games with a hand injury but is expected to return tonight for the Bluebirds against Dixie Heights in the second round of the Class 5-A playoffs.

Collinsworth will return to the field sporting an offer from Oregon. He had sent the Ducks video several months ago and just recently was extended an offer.

He now has offers from the Ducks, Cincinnati, Stanford, Louisville, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Middle Tennessee State.
Good luck!!!
Accepted to Harvard!!! Nice. Must be pretty intelligent to go with his football skills. What are the chances he goes there?
redcoach Wrote:Accepted to Harvard!!! Nice. Must be pretty intelligent to go with his football skills. What are the chances he goes there?

Austin is looking for a school that has a strong football tradition as well as an elite academic reputation...don't expect him to end up at Harvard.

Vanderbilt or UK would be more likely to get AC as both are in the SEC and have strong academics. His mom also cheered for UK and dad played in the SEC at Florida.
With UC's big push in the National Rankings and former Bluebirds (Guidugli's) playing there, who thinks that he might be looking to stay really close to home and play in the National spotlight? I heard his visit to UC went very well. I believe its either his Moms or Dad that has a LAW degree from UC. Brian Kelly is an outstanding coach as well.
qryche11 Wrote:With UC's big push in the National Rankings and former Bluebirds (Guidugli's) playing there, who thinks that he might be looking to stay really close to home and play in the National spotlight? I heard his visit to UC went very well. I believe its either his Moms or Dad that has a LAW degree from UC. Brian Kelly is an outstanding coach as well.

None! Brian Kelly will be packed by January 3 for South Bend after Notre Dame loses tonight.
qryche11 Wrote:With UC's big push in the National Rankings and former Bluebirds (Guidugli's) playing there, who thinks that he might be looking to stay really close to home and play in the National spotlight? I heard his visit to UC went very well. I believe its either his Moms or Dad that has a LAW degree from UC. Brian Kelly is an outstanding coach as well.

Don't forget about one of the guys who was blocking for him last year.

Adam Dempsey also plays for the Cats as a walk on.
smart kid he will do good where ever he ends up
Stardust Wrote:None! Brian Kelly will be packed by January 3 for South Bend after Notre Dame loses tonight.

Doubtful. Notre Dame would have to pay Weis 4.5 million if they fire him. That's a little steep...even for Notre Dame.

UC is also giving BK what he wants with the Jefferson Ave. Sports Complex and renovations to Nippert to expand seating. Jefferson Street Athletic Complex will be done before next season starts and then renovations will start on Nippert.
^ you obviously did not see what UK did to get rid of BCG. Have you watched this pathetic performance tonight. Everyone has said this is the game that Charlie had to win. looks like he wont!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Don't forget about one of the guys who was blocking for him last year.

Adam Dempsey also plays for the Cats as a walk on.

I heard he packed it in.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I heard he packed it in.

You may be right, but he's still listed on the roster. I sure hope he didn''t though. He's too good not to be playing somewhere at the next level.
Lets all hope he goes to UK lol
He is a phenomenal athlete but with the brains to go to Harvard...sounds like this kid has his head on his shoulders...
Would love to have him a wildcat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Wherever he chooses to go we all wish him well. UK would be nice tho...
Good luck to him where ever he goes. As a Kentucky fan i hope he goes there, he could do a lot of good there!
:Thumbs: