Poll: Who wins this one.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
58.93%
Lawrence County
41.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Bell County 11/20
Touchy touchy... That dance was not toward the other team. That dance was for the home crowd. It was based on something that no one from Knox or Bell would know about. It was something that has taken place for our team for a long time. I do not know anything about what someone else has said. Why is everyone so upset about a dance but not upset about a principal wanting to fight? Why should the police have to call him off. Why is no one upset about a player causing injury to a player on purpose in an extremely unsportsmanlike way? He was ejected from the game. His actions,in my opinion, were classless. Did his coach care? Everyone has a perspective based on the knowledge that they have. I do not know why you would be so defensive about something that you were not part of.I guess if someone wants to be offended they will find a reason for it. I am looking forward to a very good game and a lot of school spirit. I do not see the need all this bickering. I support my team; you support your team.
Good Luck to both teams. Will pick Lawernce Co! Always for the underdog.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Dawg days! Wrote:

GET OFF THE TRACKS BELL!!! LC IS COMIN' TO TOWN!!!
LET'S GO RING THE BELL BOYS!!!!
:notworthy:rockon::worthy:
CatDawg Wrote:Just yet another example of the same ole same ole. We all know that Bell truly is the best and as the state champs they will remain that until beaten. However, it is not being disrespecting to LC to think Bell will win, its just the way MOST everyone keeps putting it. First it was LC hasn't played anyone just wait until they play someone from district 7. Then it was but MC isn't really up to the standards of district 7, but man KC will fly past LC they are faster, stronger, etc. and they have an ex Bell coach so they will win this one easily. Now that LC has beaten both it is still no respect. I've come to the conclusion that it will never happen even if LC wins which isn't that likely but MOST Bell fans will still not give LC their due. If LC gets destroyed by Bell County on Friday, then so be it they were suppose to win anyway and it is ok to lose to a superior team. LC will go back and get ready to be in this same place in basketball and baseball. It is not the end of the world, but it would be nice to at least be acknowledge that LC does play football with high school kids just like Bell and even though they will probably lose that they could possibly win this thing. I know I made a few mad when I brought up Alcoa a couple of nights ago and that was not intended. However, I did go back and review those threads and it is amazing how the show was on the other foot in the talk leading up to that one. Bell just wanted respect from Alcoa and couldn't get it. Yes Bell might have deserved it a bit more since they were coming off a State title even if it was from last year. However, Alcoa was only seeing what they had done for the past several years and didn't want to give any respect. Now Bell is similiar to Alcoa in being on top and LC is similiar to Bell in that they have proven just a bit lately but still can't even get must respect. Now just like some of the LC fans that have said LC wins by 3 or 4 TD's which I think everyone knows is Very Very Very unlikely, Bell had similiar predictions in those threads against Alcoa which had to be seen as Very, Very, Very unlikely as well. Did Bell lay down for Aloca, H - - L no and I don't expect LC to lay down this Friday either. Could the same thing happen to LC that happened to Bell against Alcoa? Very possible, but could LC also pull the same upset that MOST Bell fans expected to pull against Alcoa? Yes they can. Football is a funny thing just like life and when you think you have it all figured out some type of curveball comes at you and you have to adjust. Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. Good luck to both and to whomever wins this Friday I just hope that we can all realize that this is kids playing a game and if you have to live through those kids then you don't have much of a life and that is what is entirely sad and that goes to all of us no team, parent or fan in particular. Sports are a great thing and I would hate to experience life without them but at times they can bring the worst out of the best people. Let's have fun, enjoy life and the fact that you will have the chance to enjoy your team, your kid, your community on the field one more time. Win or lose this could still be your last game and last day on this earth. Don't have any regrets when you lay your head down at night and enjoy every minute about it win or lose.
Well said.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Nice video footage!!

Thanks, Its my first season doing it and I still have ALOT to learn. Makes games that much better when your standing on the sidelines!!!
dbcooper Wrote:An honest, unvarnished LC opinion...

Bell is outstanding. From the QB to the FB to the TB to the WRs to the line play, they are just a really outstanding football team. Well-coached, obviously well-drilled in fundamentals from youth league on up.
Plus, they have Coach Hilton, who's proven to be a spoiler for many teams in the KY high school playoffs over the years.
Add that to Bell County having the home field and I see no rational reason that LC would or should be favored in the game.
But all that being what it is, they still have to lace it up and beat a good LC team on Friday - a team that is charged up to be where it is, that has a lot of ability, a good staff leading them and tremendous community passion behind it.
It will be an honor to for LC to take on Bell County in a regional title game on Log Mountain. It will be a great atmosphere against great players and coaches and if LC can be within any sort of striking distance at all, who really knows? These aren't robots, these are high school athletes and ANYTHING can happen.
Good luck and good health to all.
This is the kind of thinking I like. Good job.
Alright.....have the fans from Bell County and Lawrence County made some kind of super secret pact to try to get this thread to 1500 posts before kickoff Friday night?
:Thumbs:Mommadawg, I will keep u some Ribs warm for that post!!!!!:Thumbs:
BobCatFan29 Wrote::Thumbs:Mommadawg, I will keep u some Ribs warm for that post!!!!!:Thumbs:
Merci....looking forward to it.
I've been wondering about these games also...

12-0 Lone Oak vs 11-0 Allen County-Scottsville

10-2 Marion County vs 7-5 Western

thoughts on these Northern vs Mt. teams!!!!!
700....still going with Bell
well it looks like everyone has went to bed!!!!!!
I wonder what will happen if Lawrence County comes to Bell and upsets the almighty!! Will there be some people eating crow on here? Personal opinions, I think that if Lawrence comes out and shows what they haven't had too all season it will be a ball game (passing, screens to West, etc). If Lawrence County comes into a Dudley Hilton coached team and tries Pack up the middle, James on the outside, or doesn't keep the DB'S honest it will be a long night for the Dawgs. Bell is a tough place to win a ball game especially in a Regional Championship with them hosting. Like I said a while back Lawrence has yet to score a touchdown on Hilton in almost 15 years. If the Dawgs don't do what their capabilities allow them to do, then I really don't see much of a different outcome; you cannot pound the running game on a Dudley Hilton football team and expect to come away with a win. The Dawgs have a great chance to do the impossible and I hope that they can play above their element because that is what it is going to take.

LC 14
Bell 8

GO DAWGS!!!!1
inspiron Wrote:I wonder what will happen if Lawrence County comes to Bell and upsets the almighty!! Will there be some people eating crow on here? Personal opinions, I think that if Lawrence comes out and shows what they haven't had too all season it will be a ball game (passing, screens to West, etc). If Lawrence County comes into a Dudley Hilton coached team and tries Pack up the middle, James on the outside, or doesn't keep the DB'S honest it will be a long night for the Dawgs. Bell is a tough place to win a ball game especially in a Regional Championship with them hosting. Like I said a while back Lawrence has yet to score a touchdown on Hilton in almost 15 years. If the Dawgs don't do what their capabilities allow them to do, then I really don't see much of a different outcome; you cannot pound the running game on a Dudley Hilton football team and expect to come away with a win. The Dawgs have a great chance to do the impossible and I hope that they can play above their element because that is what it is going to take.

LC 14
Bell 8

GO DAWGS!!!!1

The Alcoa coach said he beat them by running right at them allll game and just physically wore them down. Dont know if we can do it but he gave the receipe that worked once.....
I'm trying to watch the dudley hilton show online and i cant get it.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I'm trying to watch the dudley hilton show online and i cant get it.

I know me neither...dangit
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I'm trying to watch the dudley hilton show online and i cant get it.

Me too but it isnt working for some reason. http://www.thebig1063.com
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbcIaUo96nU"]YouTube- Bulldog Defense "The Junk Yard DAWGS"[/ame]

Here ya go DAWG FANS......
Dawg days! Wrote:The Alcoa coach said he beat them by running right at them allll game and just physically wore them down. Dont know if we can do it but he gave the receipe that worked once.....

I don't believe that Lawrence has a Nationally ranked football team. I love the Dawgs and hope they will pull it off, but your comparing apples to oranges! This is a moutain battle not a non normal scheduled game to give your school exposure.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0izAI4BIio0"]YouTube- Slideshow[/ame]

GOT ANOTHER ONE FOR YA
inspiron Wrote:I don't believe that Lawrence has a Nationally ranked football team. I love the Dawgs and hope they will pull it off, but your comparing apples to oranges! This is a moutain battle not a non normal scheduled game to give your school exposure.

Dude, I wasnt comparing anything. I was just making a statement.
How come that show isn't working, do they not want us LC fans to be able to watch it?
Dawg days! Wrote:Dude, I wasnt comparing anything. I was just making a statement.

Yea I know what you are saying; I just hope that they let school out on friday so everybody can make the game because the kids need the support and a lot of fans want to come but that will hurt their chances because of time schedules. Let them out at 1:30 or something get lunch over with and give the school systems a full day a school making it safe for everybody getting to the game and not rushing; because we need all the support we can get!!!!
easyM Wrote:There's only one way that LC can win this game. That's to play in it and they will friday night. They deserve the right to play for the regional title.
That being said, Bell will still be hungry. It's our house and our regional and state title on the line. We still own both of those as of now. Lawrence gets the first crack at it friday night. I just hope either way we both come out healthy and grateful enough to enjoy the year we have had.
Now thats a good classy post! thank you Easy
Dawg days! Wrote:The Alcoa coach said he beat them by running right at them allll game and just physically wore them down. Dont know if we can do it but he gave the receipe that worked once.....
They were considerably larger.....and the main factor...90+ heat with 6:00 delayed to 6:30 p.m. start time. Alcoa dressed nearly 3-1 players.....and Bell could not stay with those numbers down the stretch. Obviously Alcoa the better team.....but the strategy might not work on a cold night. IMO
Alcoa ranked 67th Nationally
Lawrence Co ranked 8th in Class 4A in KY.

Big ole difference between the two.
All LC fans!!! If you want to eat something decent before the game you need to drive 8 more miles past Log Mountain into Middlesboro to eat. We have 2 steakhouses there. Thats if no one wants to eat the tailgate food.
:HitWall: I can't wait :popcorn: It is almost here
BobCatFan29 Wrote:I've been wondering about these games also...

12-0 Lone Oak vs 11-0 Allen County-Scottsville

10-2 Marion County vs 7-5 Western

thoughts on these Northern vs Mt. teams!!!!!

What are you talking about????

Marion County is more in the center of the state.

Allen County is extreme South and west.

Lone Oak is West.

I think Western is in Louisville.

:HitWall:
cat86 Wrote:Alright.....have the fans from Bell County and Lawrence County made some kind of super secret pact to try to get this thread to 1500 posts before kickoff Friday night?

Yeah, while we're on the subject what is the record for the most posts in one thread?
  •  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next