Poll: Who wins this one.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
58.93%
Lawrence County
41.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Bell County 11/20
I am just glad that we get to see a new team Friday. Nothing against Knox, but it is easier to get excited for a 12-0 team than one you have already played
millertime_kc Wrote:"The train" will be lucky if it has the power to make it up Log Mountain. Maybe all that hot air you LC fans are blowing will help give it a boost. :lmao: I'm just playing guys, but I've seen both teams play and IMO, Bell will have no problem in this one.

Well I am sure there is enough power... They have that **** thing heating up now to make that special trip!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I'm not sure, but wasnt Dudley in Bourbon County in 98 and 99? Which game are you talking about?
Batpuff Wrote:Matter of fact yes I have on several occasions.. There was a little game played back in 1999 or 1998 when Bell was heavily favored to beat us and we kicked the **** out of Bell... .

Again some mis-information being spread. Dudley is good but not good enough to coach 2 teams at the same time. He was at Bourbon. Do you guys remember playing Bourbon any?

So you have seen them this year on many occasions or over the years?

This is not a typical Bell team of the years past.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I am sure there is enough power... They have that **** thing heating up now to make that special trip!!!!

:lmao::thatsfunn
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:This is not a typical Bell team of the years past.

He is right not a typical Bell team. They are small, slow not well coached and only have 6-7 seniors. :eyeroll:

Look for a huge crowd Friday night. LC fans you better get up their early of you will be walking from Manchester to the field.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Again some mis-information being spread. Dudley is good but not good enough to coach 2 teams at the same time. He was at Bourbon. Do you guys remember playing Bourbon any?

So you have seen them this year on many occasions or over the years?

This is not a typical Bell team of the years past.

I know he was at Bourbon then.. I was making a point that we have came there as under dogs before and knocked them off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
CatDawg Wrote:LC shut Knox out and I'm not sure on the stats yet I'll have to check but Bell County beat them 34 to 6. So they did beat Knox worse than LC did.

Bell Co called the dogs off after halftime. Keep the varsity in the whole game like LC did, Bell wins 70-6.
CatDawg Wrote:Let's see we each played Knox and they came within 28 of Bell County. This is what kills most Bell County posters with everyone else. You guys are a great team no argument but some of the post are just crazy. You show you don't know what your talking about right there. The schedule thing is so old LC has now beaten two teams from your own district that you guys were saying were so great just two weeks ago and then again last week. Additionally, Bell beat Johnson Central by 20 that lost at home to Sheldon Clark the week after they lost to LC. So I think your no one would come within 40 is bull if for no other reason Knox Central did.

Bell Co 36
JC 6

Bell also called the dogs early in this game. When will people learn every game Bell Co played this except for maybe 2 they could had put some BIG points up. We yank our varsity in the 3rd while other teams play there varsity the whole game even up big!
dawglc Wrote::Clap:

well we will see friday night won we... we beat kc worst than u all did so it dont matter about that tho..... it will be a good game,..... 18-16 lc wins

Bell Co 34 (Varsity pulled mid 3rd quarter)
KC 6

JC 19 (Varsity played WHOLE game)
KC 0
CatDawg Wrote:From the KHSAA.org the stats reported show that Bell County had 217 Rushing and 44 Passing against Knox Central for 261 total yards. Lawrence County had 297 Rushing and 14 Passing for 311 total yards. Bell allowed Knox 109 per Bell Rushing and 131 per Knox Rushing to go with 53 per Bell Passing and 59 per Knox Passing for a total of 162 per Bell's stats or 190 per Knox Central report. As for the LC game this is all from LC's report they allowed Knox Central 76 Rushing and 31 Passing for 107 yards. So it looks like on the stats paper that both Bell and LC had a pretty good defensive effort against Knox. Additionally, KC gain the majority of those yards on the opening drive against LC and didn't do anything after that only getting 2 more first downs and I think 1 was on a penalty. KC ate up 8 minutes on the opening drive and then they were done on offense. Once again paper means nothing, how Team A and B play against Team C means nothing in the outcome of Team A and B playing. However, I think this does show enough that it is very very possible that neither Bell nor LC will be blown out come next week. I could be wrong but I look for a fairly good matchp.

You did forget to mention Bell's JV played half the 3rd and the whole 4th quarter while LC's Varsity played the whole game. Confusedhh:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:for the most part they did, but they have a lot of juniors,and sophomores that play including special teams.so yeah they did i guess.

Bell Co only has 7 seniors this year. Our STAR RB is only a sophmore.
yea lawrence counties days are numbered.....only 6 more days
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This time of year, anything can happen. Bell will be ready for Lawrence and i'm sure Lawrence will be ready for Bell. I hope that all of Bell's and Lawrence's fans will have a safe trip to the game and watch some good high school football.
Of course i'm going with Bell on this one, 34-21. I think it will be a closer game then the score shows. Good luck Bobcats.
Batpuff Wrote:Matter of fact yes I have on several occasions.. There was a little game played back in 1999 or 1998 when Bell was heavily favored to beat us and we kicked the **** out of Bell... Grant it this is new time and place but we have some of the best coaches in the are and make the best half time adjustments I have ever seen and I have been around some of the best.

In 1998 or 1999 Dudley Hilton wasnt even coaching Bell Co. The 2008 and 2009 Bell Co teams IMO have been the best EVER at Bell Co. Next years squad might even be better than this years squad.:worthy:
Batpuff Wrote:I know he was at Bourbon then.. I was making a point that we have came there as under dogs before and knocked them off.

Exactly but not with Dudley Hilton as coach. Have you guys ever beaten Dudley Hilton while he was at Bell Co?
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I do have to say one thing i have not seen this years version of bell co. But have seen your number 4 and your number 2 from your district. And no disrespect but i am not impressed at all the number 4 from our district at least scored on us. I am taking lc in a close one but good luck to both teams and may the better team win.

Remember, our districts # 3 beat your districts # 2 handily and then Bell beat them by 48 this Friday. Just wanted to point that out. I had a lot of people tell me on this side of the mountain that KC would Beat LC by 3 o 4 TD's but I called it a lot close (check my posts) I said it would be 7 or less (I did give the advantage to KC) (dang wrong again where is my wife:biggrinSmile but had to support the home district you know. I told a lot of people that it wouldn't surprise me if LC won because they are a good team (I was surprised at how LC defense handled KC offense) Now to the point of the thread. I would be very surprised if LC keeps this one closer that 21 and if LC can keep the point spread under 21 they have accomplished a lot. Now, upsets happen every week and LC definately has enough tools in the tool shed to pull off an upset if Bell plays sub-par but if Bell is hitting on all cylinders then I say get off the Mountain the Log Truck is coming through and if I am not mistaking Bobcat pee gets hot too!:biggrin: Good luck to both teams and I hope LC has a safe trip!
There are going to be a lot of Bulldog fans making the trip to Log Mountains, should be a lot better game than last year.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:There are going to be a lot of Bulldog fans making the trip to Log Mountains, should be a lot better game than last year.

I hope you guys do bring a great crowd to Log Mountain. I love a great and wild atmosphere. Have a safe trip down to all LC fans. You guys coming down Friday early or Thursday night like Greenup Co did?
Bell will have thier hands full with Pack. They have not faced a Running back/Fullback with his size and strength. Pack is very big, very fast and very strong, which Bell will find out soon enough. This will be a great test for both teams. Lawrence 20 Bell 14.
CatDawg Wrote:I'm not sure that they've improved that much myself. However, they have improved run a different offense and now they have finally tasted victory and they like it. They know they can win and they believe. I honestly think after the prior to seasons they came into Bell last year knowing they were beat and that is why it was that bad. Bell was also better last year IMO but that isn't worth much. However, you take 14 points off Bell from not being as good as last year. You take another 14 off for LC thinking they can win and you give LC another 14 for thinking they can win. The score now becomes 35 to 14. You then add in the fact that LC is better than last year with the new offense and a better defense. They are healthy as far as I know and they do have another great weapon added to the team. Say this gets you another 7 on D and O and the score becomes Bell 28 and LC 21. Now if they are within 7 points I feel anything can happen. You add in a fumble here an interception there and a flag somewhere else and you have a classic ballgame.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.........What are you talking about take 14 off here add 14 there, throw the water boy over there......You make no sense.
I think both coaches and both teams have a lot of respect for each other, but when they step on that field they know it's all business. Good luck to both.
I'd say there will be people down there Thursday but we are coming down early Friday and setting up a place on the press box to film from? Can anyone confirm the press box what is it like down there?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I'd say there will be people down there Thursday but we are coming down early Friday and setting up a place on the press box to film from? Can anyone confirm the press box what is it like down there?

There is a nice Holiday Inn Express in Middlesboro for the people coming down Thursday night. Its only like 8 miles from the football field. You can take US 23 down through Jenkins into Virginia and then connect to Hwy 58 west that will take you to Cumberland Gap and connect to US 25E north. Go through the tunnel and Middlesboro will be right there.

The press box is enclosed and is on Bell Co's side. Just let me know if I can help anymore?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co 36
JC 6

Bell also called the dogs early in this game. When will people learn every game Bell Co played this except for maybe 2 they could had put some BIG points up. We yank our varsity in the 3rd while other teams play there varsity the whole game even up big!
Lawrence County has done the same except for a couple of games.
CatDawg Wrote:Lawrence County has done the same except for a couple of games.

Thats cool. Dont take me serious on alot I say on here. I just like to have fun and talk about football. You guys are 12-0 for a reason and us Bell Co fans know that. Trust me we are pumped to get to play a undefeated team at Log Mountain next week. Dudley has the most respect for you guys. He gave you all praise at his speech last night on the field after the game.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:There is a nice Holiday Inn Express in Middlesboro for the people coming down Thursday night. Its only like 8 miles from the football field. You can take US 23 down through Jenkins into Virginia and then connect to Hwy 58 west that will take you to Cumberland Gap and connect to US 25E north. Go through the tunnel and Middlesboro will be right there.

The press box is enclosed and is on Bell Co's side. Just let me know if I can help anymore?

That's a little bit out of the way, actually a long way out of the way. If anybody is travelin down from Lawrence, they should take 80 to 421 thru Hyden, then 221 (i think thats it) over to Pineville, go in that way, OR take 80 down to Manchester and hit Hwy 11. The way you have em goin would add an hour or more to the trip.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
kyfootbal Wrote:Bell will have thier hands full with Pack. They have not faced a Running back/Fullback with his size and strength. Pack is very big, very fast and very strong, which Bell will find out soon enough. This will be a great test for both teams. Lawrence 20 Bell 14.

Dang that is saying alot. You mean he is better than Taharin Tyson? He is the FB from Alcoa that already has 3 SEC offers in hand as a JR. 6'1 250. :eyeroll:

I am sure, matter of fact I know Pack is good but to make assumptions like that, well you know the saying it makes a a** out of you. :Clap:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I'd say there will be people down there Thursday but we are coming down early Friday and setting up a place on the press box to film from? Can anyone confirm the press box what is it like down there?

Better check in on that pal b/c Bell's Pressbox is small and they usually put the Visitor's over in the Visitor's bleachers. Are with a radio crew? Sometimes they let 1 visiting team Radio in the box. They are limited in space b/c their is 3 stations covering the CATS this year.
kyfootbal Wrote:Bell will have thier hands full with Pack. They have not faced a Running back/Fullback with his size and strength. Pack is very big, very fast and very strong, which Bell will find out soon enough. This will be a great test for both teams. Lawrence 20 Bell 14.

Just wondering something? Did Pack not play last year? If so, then BC has indeed faced sucha RB/FB before.:yawn:
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next