Poll: Who wins this one.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
58.93%
Lawrence County
41.07%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Bell County 11/20
All this talk is a bunch of bullcrap with all due respect and everyone knows it. Good luck to both teams, this is what football is all about.
Knox Central was a mutual opponent for both teams here.......But you can not compare what Bell Co did to KC.......the varsity left the game probably around the mid-3rd quarter..........With that being respect for Coach Wayne Mills

So....Did LC play the varsity the whole 48 minutes against KC......Does anyone here have the answer to this?????
for the most part they did, but they have a lot of juniors,and sophomores that play including special teams.so yeah they did i guess.
We can go a little further as well. Not sure how true this is but on the KC link when I was able to get it the radio guys were saying that the coach had informed them that this was the best health that KC had all year and I believe everyone was healthy. Not sure if that makes a hill of a difference, maybe the unhealthy kids against Bell were 2nd or 3rd string I don't know just something else for thought.
That's a good question, KC was tough.
It comes down to the fact that either Bell or Lawrence is going to win on Friday night. The big money is on Bell and that is fine. No matter who wins they will move on to face yet another good team and no matter who loses the sun will still rise come Saturday morning Lord willing.
Some of this stuff is just....... well I will say crazy. Have any of you Lawerence fans actually saw Bell? I know only 10 of you came down last year? So I will say NO?

Let's revisit some of these posts Friday night after the game. I hope the LC players remember last year. Bell's Varsity getting dressed at Half and the JV still scoring. Sad thing is most of the Varsity players are back as well.

Anyway enjoy the week.
Well if your old enough to be a dad then you should realize things do change from week to week much less from year to year. Do I think LC can win this game CERTAINLY. Do I think Bell County can win this game same answer. However, Bell fans expect LC to go into the locker room and tell our kids to enjoy the trip and the day or half day out of school because this is the last game of the year boys. It was nice but we can't win this so just enjoy the day.

Everyone knows if you go in thinking your beat then your beat. If you go in thinking you can win then you certainly can. Anyone that has watched sports for over a year in any decade as seen greater upsets than it would be for Lawrence "without the extra E" beat Bell County. Yes Bell County is good but get over yourself's your not an NFL caliber team like most seem to think. Does Lawrence County have a chance YES THEY DO and sometimes that is all it takes. So go ahead plan on getting dressed at halftime again this year. Heck it may happen but then again stranger things have happened. Lawrence County doesn't have to part the Red Sea come Friday Night they have to beat another high school football team made up of teenage kids just like them.
There is one thing that is still amazing as we speak......this is the same team for lawrence basically....I am not convinced yet that they have improved 63 points from last year.......comments/thoughts on this one?????
Well if your old enough to be a dad then you should realize things do change from week to week much less from year to year. Do I think LC can win this game CERTAINLY. Do I think Bell County can win this game same answer. However, Bell fans expect LC to go into the locker room and tell our kids to enjoy the trip and the day or half day out of school because this is the last game of the year boys. It was nice but we can't win this so just enjoy the day.

Everyone knows if you go in thinking your beat then your beat. If you go in thinking you can win then you certainly can. Anyone that has watched sports for over a year in any decade as seen greater upsets than it would be for Lawrence "without the extra E" beat Bell County. Yes Bell County is good but get over yourself's your not an NFL calliber team like most seem to think. Does Lawrence County have a chance YES THEY DO and sometimes that is all it takes. So go ahead plan on getting dressed at halftime again this year. Heck it may happen but then again stranger things have happened. Lawrence County doesn't have to part the Red Sea come Friday Night they have to beat another high school football team made up of teenage kids just like them.

Hahaha Thanks for saying this, alot of people need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is going to be an awesome game between two heavy weights.
fiftyishfootballmom Wrote:that's sad. Anyway, best of luck to both teams on the field and hope the kids have a great time during this high school competition. after all, the game is about them, not us.

Very well said footballmom:1:
I'm not sure that they've improved that much myself. However, they have improved run a different offense and now they have finally tasted victory and they like it. They know they can win and they believe. I honestly think after the prior to seasons they came into Bell last year knowing they were beat and that is why it was that bad. Bell was also better last year IMO but that isn't worth much. However, you take 14 points off Bell from not being as good as last year. You take another 14 off for LC thinking they can win and you give LC another 14 for thinking they can win. The score now becomes 35 to 14. You then add in the fact that LC is better than last year with the new offense and a better defense. They are healthy as far as I know and they do have another great weapon added to the team. Say this gets you another 7 on D and O and the score becomes Bell 28 and LC 21. Now if they are within 7 points I feel anything can happen. You add in a fumble here an interception there and a flag somewhere else and you have a classic ballgame.
Seems like a lot of folks here have some logic......logic being on how you can give this and take that away.........speaking as in points.....but in all reality.........this type of logic has no foundation to the simple facts about this game
Who would have thought logically that Appy state NCAA IAA or whatever they are called now would have been able to go to the big house and beat Michigan? It is a GAME that is what no one wants to see and in GAMES strange things and upsets happen. I still want to know the answer to my question. Do you guys really think we should go ahead and tell our team we have no chance and to enjoy the trip? I mean its not going to happen and I wouldn't expect any team to do this but that is how everyone is acting.
Bell County here we come!!
Additionally, did Bell County go in and tell their team come out and enjoy the game Friday night but Alcoa is going to kick our A_ _ and we have no reason to even think about winning? We just want to use this as a measuring stick to see how we compare to a real good program.
Not that it matters (you play 11 vs 11)
How many Bell players are hold backs?
I didn't know Bell County was part of the USSR in 1980 when the USA pulled one of the greatest sports upsets of all time. They were a team that had just been killed by the USSR and if I recall correctly the USSR had even recently beaten a NFL all-star team. However, yes you knew it was coming they LOST! No way you say, couldn't have happened, but it did and do you know why it did? Because they played the game, and that is how UPSETS happen.
That was game was an ear-mark to the beginning of a total debuckle of the michigan program......an they havent risen from it yet....

To answer your question.....last years game is over......so hopefullu they have learned a hard lesson....but keep in mind if they come in here an find themselves behind....not saying that they will......then my friend they will begin to re-live what happened last year......so If that does happen it will not matter what anyone has to say to them
Out coached, are you really serious, have you met Dudley Hilton???
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Some of this stuff is just....... well I will say crazy. Have any of you Lawerence fans actually saw Bell? I know only 10 of you came down last year? So I will say NO?

Let's revisit some of these posts Friday night after the game. I hope the LC players remember last year. Bell's Varsity getting dressed at Half and the JV still scoring. Sad thing is most of the Varsity players are back as well.

Anyway enjoy the week.

I am so sick of listening to these Bell Co. fans! Let's give LC some credit. LC has gotten better each week, and they have made a statement. They deserve this game just as much as the Bell Co. boys do. These are high school boys that you are refering to. Have some respect for the DAWGS! They deserve it!
Bell wins but it will best game of the year better get there early for some good parking
Belfry0304 Wrote:I hate some of the Bell County fans to a point I wish Shane Pack would drop a shoulder and run through everyone of them.

Go LC.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Trenches07 Wrote:Very well said footballmom:1:

Thank you Trenches. Best of luck to all the KY high school kids. Nothing better than playoff season and the excitement that goes with it! They are all winners in my eyes.
:yikes::redboxer:catdawg do u have a life other than to stay on this site 24/7? yeah this is going to be a slug fest but why get on her every few minutes and argue? this post it pointless...none of us now what is going to happen all i know is both teams will be ready....i know bell is b.c when the score was saiof the lc and kc game in the first half i heard most of bells defense say we wont lc! they are tiered of getting no credit also.....:redboxer:

bell has felt what lc has last year they were undefeated but the excuse of haters was they didnt play anyone...get use too it it hppens and its going to...:Thumbs:

and im tiered of people bringing up the alcoa game when no one that says anything would have scoe let alone have a lead in the second quarter

but i will see u all friday
CatDawg Wrote:Bell was also better last year IMO but that isn't worth much. However, you take 14 points off Bell from not being as good as last year.

RU sure? On a serious note and please answer have you seen Bell this year? Any of you LC fans?
Bell posters are not the only ones with outlandish predictions. I have seen a few LC posters have LC wining by 30?

LC basicly runs the same offense that Whitley does. Who is better at it I am not sure. WC does have more speed. All the fakes and misdirections really shook Bell up against Whitley earlier in the year.

Granted anyone can beat anyone on a given night for the most part. Don't worry about Bell not being interested in the game. They will be. How often do you get to play an undefeated team in the Regional finals. Should be fun.
I have not seen Bell live this year and neither has most LC fans and the same would go for Bell fans seeing LC. Bell I feel is basing a lot of their predictions on last years LC team and they aren't the same. They may still get beat just as bad but I don't think so. I will also agree about predictions from the LC side. You will get that from all schools but the big thing is Bell fans for the most part on here wouldn't respect an NFL team either. I overlook a great deal of that due to the age of these type of posters. Example of one isn't very far up the page. However, one must agree that Bell should win this game and should do so easily based off of everything that has happened this year. Lawrence County only wants respect. I'm sure if they can hang within a few points they will be happy to leave log mountain with a moral victory, but then again maybe they want more and maybe, just maybe they'll find a means to do just that.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:If LC was coming into the game with a couple losses, the fans wuld be saying and talking about how they lost to those teams. But no they are 12-0 and yet people are still talking bad about them. Give it up people train is headed your way.

"The train" will be lucky if it has the power to make it up Log Mountain. Maybe all that hot air you LC fans are blowing will help give it a boost. :lmao: I'm just playing guys, but I've seen both teams play and IMO, Bell will have no problem in this one.
Just Sayin Wrote:Out coached, are you really serious, have you met Dudley Hilton???

Matter of fact yes I have on several occasions.. There was a little game played back in 1999 or 1998 when Bell was heavily favored to beat us and we kicked the **** out of Bell... Grant it this is new time and place but we have some of the best coaches in the are and make the best half time adjustments I have ever seen and I have been around some of the best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next