Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Godless' billboard greets I-71 drivers
The billboard stands in a prominent spot - at 12th Street and Reading Road in Over-the-Rhine, easily seen by those driving south on Interstate 71.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...71+drivers

The simple message on it is even more attention-grabbing: "Don't believe in God? You are not alone."

The question, on a background of blue sky and white clouds and accompanied by a Web site - http://www.CinCor.org - is intended to "raise awareness about people who don't believe in God," according to a press release from the United Coalition of Reason.

The Washington D.C.-based organization is erecting what they term "Godless billboards" in Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland to let non-believers know they aren't alone and to announce the creation of local Coalition of Reason chapters where non-believers can meet like-minded people. The http://www.CinCor.org link takes users to the Cincinnati chapter's page. The chapter is actually a coalition of several groups in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky that "advocate science and reason as more reliable sources of knowledge than dogma and faith," according to the release.

The national group has run 10 prior billboard campaigns across the country. In Chicago and New Jersey billboards asked "Are you good without God? Millions are." Transit buses in Des Moines, Iowa carried the same message as the Cincinnati sign.

"Nontheists sometimes don't realize................
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1257897444]
And we wonder why this country is falling apart?
padd4pirate Wrote:And we wonder why this country is falling apart?

Religion Isnt The Reason Are Country Is falling Apart.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Religion Isnt The Reason Are Country Is falling Apart.

I disagree, the lack of God fearing, Bible believing, praying people in this country, has lead us down the path to moral decay, when you look around and people are trying to remove God from everything, we have no choice but to fall apart !!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:I disagree, the lack of God fearing, Bible believing, praying people in this country, has lead us down the path to moral decay, when you look around and people are trying to remove God from everything, we have no choice but to fall apart !!!!!!

God Fearing? We should fear the thing that cares about us most? This country isn't ran on religion, nor should it be. I/m not saying we should take religion out of anything, A lot of people need and deserve it to get through this cruel world. But when we depend on it to save us from a corrupt government i believe thats stupidity in itself.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:God Fearing? We should fear the thing that cares about us most? This country isn't ran on religion, nor should it be. I/m not saying we should take religion out of anything, A lot of people need and deserve it to get through this cruel world. But when we depend on it to save us from a corrupt government i believe thats stupidity in itself.

God fearing ,means deeply religious,devout !!! I dont think I said that God or religion would save us from a corrupt government, and your right this country isn't ran on religion, but I do think that if our leaders put god into the equation, and done the right things, this would be a better country, as it is we have a bunch of infidels, running our government, therefore the corruption!!! Well we are all unworthy of the sacrifice, that was made on our behalf, but we all have to have god to get through this world, even the people that are putting up these billboards, they will eventually ,at some point,need God !!!!!! JMO
lil dog Wrote:God fearing ,means deeply religious,devout !!! I dont think I said that God or religion would save us from a corrupt government, and your right this country isn't ran on religion, but I do think that if our leaders put god into the equation, and done the right things, this would be a better country, as it is we have a bunch of infidels, running our government, therefore the corruption!!! Well we are all unworthy of the sacrifice, that was made on our behalf, but we all have to have god to get through this world, even the people that are putting up these billboards, they will eventually ,at some point,need God !!!!!! JMO

I dont see how putting god into the equation would help. Im sorry.
Ask yourself - Do I believe in the Constitution? 1st Amendment?
Just because it's not what you believe why can't others have an opioion? If you are a person of faith, use your believe to convince others not complain.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire
Jesus Christ Harris lets not start a holy war!
Dont believe in God? Then your an idiot. Get to know Him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
csabo17 Wrote:Jesus Christ Harris lets not start a holy war!
HAHAHAHAHA! Most quoted movie ever by me and my two brothers..That movie was an instant classic 20 years ago, and its STILL great to watch today..
"I look like a banker in this"..that was a great part..
"The Cleveland Indians? I didnt know they still HAD a baseball team?..Yyyeah, we got uniforms and everything"..
man I could go on and on Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You trying to say Jesus Christ cant hit a curve ball?
csabo17 Wrote:You trying to say Jesus Christ cant hit a curve ball?
"Hows your wife with my kids"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
csabo17 Wrote:You trying to say Jesus Christ cant hit a curve ball?

Ever seen/heard the Will Ferrell bit where Jesus is pitching in the first baseball game? The Bethlehem Braves vs. the Jerusalem Giants?
No, i'll have to download that. Or is it youtubeable? <---- Like the word i invented?
csabo17 Wrote:No, i'll have to download that. Or is it youtubeable? <---- Like the word i invented?

It is youtubeable.... good word...
thecavemaster Wrote:It is youtubeable.... good word...
I too, would love to see that..whats it listed at on youtube?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAHA yes I had seen this, just took a bit of reminding. This thread has officially been hijacked!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBU5e2HqcrA"]YouTube- The first baseball game ever made[/nomedia]
This is the bob and tom clip with a new vid.
The good news for these people is that they won't be alone in **** either.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Religion Isnt The Reason Are Country Is falling Apart.

I'm interested in what you think the problem with this country is?
t4p3r8 Wrote:The good news for these people is that they won't be alone in **** either.
Prove to these people that God or **** exist and you might get some converts.
padd4pirate Wrote:I'm interested in what you think the problem with this country is?

Who Knows. But everyone in the white house goes to church thats not going to solve anything now is it!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Who Knows. But everyone in the white house goes to church thats not going to solve anything now is it!
And you have people that claim to be christians and post the kind of posts Beetle01 did. Who would want a christian in control of the white house?
Beetle01 Wrote:Since we are on the subject of racism and hate, Ill list what types of people I dont like.

I dont like thugs, gang members, especially Mexican ones, black people who always wear those African clothes and talk about how the White man is holding them down, politicians, hippies, anone associated with PETA, ACORN or a host of other liberal wussy groups. I dont like Europeans who think we should be more like them, I dont like Communists, I dont like cavemaster, I dont like fans of Ohio St, USC, Tenn, Fla. I dont like Duke, ESPN analysts Mark May, Dicky V, or that one guy who used to coach ND. I dont like pople on welfare who dont try to better their lives, I dont like my 5th grade Social Studies teacher. I dont like people from Michigan or New York, and definitely California. I dont like Scientologists, I dont like illegal immigrants, I dont like people who think illegal immigrants are ok. I dont like liberals. I dont like interracial marriages.

Above all else, I hate with a passion, and if it wasnt for my religion I would have no problem putting a bullet in the head of every white trash hillbilly redneck loser who drive their crapp cars with no insurance like they bought their license at Wal Mart.

Im a racist though because Im conservative.

However, I think Ive just dont what Ive been told my whole life, everyone gets an equal oppurtunity, so Im an equal oppurtunity hater.
this country was frounded on Christian values and morals-do your research
padd4pirate Wrote:this country was frounded on Christian values and morals-do your research

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.
Hmm, This thread got some posts.....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the United States Government chooses to be 'godless'.. The states you live in don't. All 50 states reference God in their constitutions. Some even require that you believe in god to be a witness in a trial, or even to hold office. The federal government wasn't in the business of religion, but to promise the freedom of. Your state, and all others had the 'god given' right though... to act otherwise. And they did.

Let me make it clear, i'm a seperations kinda guy. I despise 'god' in the context of politics. If God wanted to be injected into a healthcare debate between two people in congress who probably are already cheating on their wives, and aborting the children they would have out of wedlock... then he would do it himself.

I personally don't feel that I need God to choose my political beliefs. In fact, I'm somewhat scared that he'd end up walking away shaking his head on some of the things I stand for.