Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama 24 LSU 15
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah you talk so much about how bad Texas' running game is.. Well that is how bad Bama's passing game is.. so it balances out..
That "bad" passing game destroyed Arkansas. But at the sametime I don't think Bama can win against Texas or Florida relying on passing.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You all act like the past BCS champions haven't escaped games with blown calls or blocked punt/field goals. Its part of football and its going to happen from time-to-time.

Fact is Alabama, Florida, and Texas are atop college football right now and they have targets on their backs and they are still winning games when they don't play their best. Speaks volumes to me!

I hate to agree, Sad,,, I overreacted to the refs helping Alabama,
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah you talk so much about how bad Texas' running game is.. Well that is how bad Bama's passing game is.. so it balances out..

They killed arkansas with that passing game.... Hate to admit it

Sorry Amun-Ra u beat me to it.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I think you underestimate Texas. Their running game isn't the best but their passing game is quick and it works. If Bama or Florida doesn't get pressure on McCoy early in the game it could open up their running game enough for them to win.
No I dont underestimate them at all...Im just saying that I dont worry as much about them as I do Florida. I think they have a very good team, but both Florida and Bama have enough up front to get to Colt quickly..and if that pressure gets to him, he'll be throwing against the best secondary he's faced all year..Oklahoma had a great gameplan against him and he had a miserable game against them, and I think both of these teams are every bit as capable of disrupting his flow..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:I think you underestimate Texas. Their running game isn't the best but their passing game is quick and it works. If Bama or Florida doesn't get pressure on McCoy early in the game it could open up their running game enough for them to win.

I think if you stop Jordan Shipley, then you nearly shut down Texas's passing game as Oklahoma nearly pulled it out.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No I dont underestimate them at all...Im just saying that I dont worry as much about them as I do Florida. I think they have a very good team, but both Florida and Bama have enough up front to get to Colt quickly..and if that pressure gets to him, he'll be throwing against the best secondary he's faced all year..Oklahoma had a great gameplan against him and he had a miserable game against them, and I think both of these teams are every bit as capable of disrupting his flow..

And if florida gets to him, who knows what he will be seeing after that Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No I dont underestimate them at all...Im just saying that I dont worry as much about them as I do Florida. I think they have a very good team, but both Florida and Bama have enough up front to get to Colt quickly..and if that pressure gets to him, he'll be throwing against the best secondary he's faced all year..Oklahoma had a great gameplan against him and he had a miserable game against them, and I think both of these teams are every bit as capable of disrupting his flow..
You are def right that either team will have the best secondary that he has faced all year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think if you stop Jordan Shipley, then you nearly shut down Texas's passing game as Oklahoma nearly pulled it out.
Shipley is def the biggest threat in the recieving corps. But they do have other options besides him. Can't think of the name but he showed up against Oklahoma and had a great game.
Much like today, if our running game is working, itll open up our passing game. McElroy had three passes that he overthrew for touchdowns and still threw for 276 yards and 2 tds, while completing 19 of 33 passes..
Yeah Ill give you this much, our throwing game isnt our strong point, but if he's out of that slump, then he's not that bad either..for the year he's completing 60% of his passes for 1720 yards, 11 tds and 4 picks..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:Shipley is def the biggest threat in the recieving corps. But they do have other options besides him. Can't think of the name but he showed up against Oklahoma and had a great game.
Chiles had a fair game against Oklahoma if Im not mistaken..Buckner isnt bad either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:Shipley is def the biggest threat in the recieving corps. But they do have other options besides him. Can't think of the name but he showed up against Oklahoma and had a great game.

Texas's top 5 recieving leaders:

1. J. Shipley - 64 rec. 777 yds. 5 tds.
2. D. Buckner - 32 rec. 344 yds. 4 tds.
3. J. Chiles - 25 rec. 238 yds. 3 tds.
4. J. Kirkendoll - 25 rec. 229 yds. 1 td.
5. M. Williams - 15 rec. 192 yds. 1 td.

So Shipley has 2x as many receptions and yards than the second leading receiver for Texas. If you can shut down a quarterbacks #1 goto guy then you have a really good shot at winning. Just as Oklahoma did.
I pulled up the OU game log and Williams had 4 catches for 36 yards..that was the highest catches and yards of anybody..Colt was 21-39 for 127 yards 1 td 1 int..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Much like today, if our running game is working, itll open up our passing game. McElroy had three passes that he overthrew for touchdowns and still threw for 276 yards and 2 tds, while completing 19 of 33 passes..
Yeah Ill give you this much, our throwing game isnt our strong point, but if he's out of that slump, then he's not that bad either..for the year he's completing 60% of his passes for 1720 yards, 11 tds and 4 picks..

lol but tonight, 73 of those yards and 1 of the td's was a screen pass in which the RECEIVER made the play, not the QB. Take that out, and he threw for 203 yds and 1 td.. not so great.. He overthrew 3 passes for TD's because he isn't very good. You shut down Ingram, you beat Bama. Its just that no decent team has shut down Ingram yet, but it will happen.
Shipley had 273 yards on 11 catches yesterday. Kid pretty beastly. Alabamas defense would never let that happen though. Its hard to beat a SEC team with a defense like bama if your only 1 dimensional.
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol but tonight, 73 of those yards and 1 of the td's was a screen pass in which the RECEIVER made the play, not the QB. Take that out, and he threw for 203 yds and 1 td.. not so great.. He overthrew 3 passes for TD's because he isn't very good. You shut down Ingram, you beat Bama. Its just that no decent team has shut down Ingram yet, but it will happen.

Shutting down ingram isnt as easy as it sounds. every team focuses on this guy adn he still gets his yards on about 20 carries a game. And if your comparing texas defense to most of the defenses in the SEC then im shocked.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Shipley had 273 yards on 11 catches yesterday. Kid pretty beastly. Alabamas defense would never let that happen though. Its hard to beat a SEC team with a defense like bama if your only 1 dimensional.

I'd take Florida's secondary over Alabama's any day though.
no i wasnt comparing texas.. because they will never play texas.. they won't get past tebow and the gators.
runninrebs21 Wrote:no i wasnt comparing texas.. because they will never play texas.. they won't get past tebow and the gators.

Who knows, we will find out soon enough.
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol but tonight, 73 of those yards and 1 of the td's was a screen pass in which the RECEIVER made the play, not the QB. Take that out, and he threw for 203 yds and 1 td.. not so great.. He overthrew 3 passes for TD's because he isn't very good. You shut down Ingram, you beat Bama. Its just that no decent team has shut down Ingram yet, but it will happen.
Okay man, you win...the 35-7 smashing of Arkansas (who beat SC 33-16, Auburn 44-23, Texas A&M 47-19, came 3 points of beating Florida) was a bad example..50 yards on 17 carries..
So I apologize..you are the expert here. You have the perfect gameplan to beat Bama and Nick Saban.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It isn't my gameplan.. it is everyone's.. it's just nobody has been able to do it.. but florida will.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd take Florida's secondary over Alabama's any day though.
Ill take Bamas front 3, and our linebackers and Floridas secondary for my perfect defense lol..but I would love to have Javier Arenas though, if its not too much of a problem..Kareem Jackson is the only weak link on our defense..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ill take Bamas front 3, and our linebackers and Floridas secondary for my perfect defense lol..but I would love to have Javier Arenas though, if its not too much of a problem..Kareem Jackson is the only weak link on our defense..

You wouldnt even need an offense with this lineup. You could take kentucky with hartline starting and win every game.......MAYBE
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ill take Bamas front 3, and our linebackers and Floridas secondary for my perfect defense lol..but I would love to have Javier Arenas though, if its not too much of a problem..Kareem Jackson is the only weak link on our defense..

I'd take Carlos Dunlap & Brandon Spikes and add them to the 'Bama front 7 with Florida secondary. Not many NFL teams would fair to well against that defense.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd take Carlos Dunlap & Brandon Spikes and add them to the 'Bama front 7 with Florida secondary. Not many NFL teams would fair to well against that defense.

????????? Nfl is the best of the best... They would pick this defense apart. Besides you dont have trevard lindley at corner.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd take Carlos Dunlap & Brandon Spikes and add them to the 'Bama front 7 with Florida secondary. Not many NFL teams would fair to well against that defense.

lol come on now.. the NFL has a college superstar at every position.. yes even the buccaneers, lions, chiefs, etc.. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Could you imagine looking over your centers head and there stands Rolando McClain, a healthy Donta Hightower and Brandon Spikes? Sheesh..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Could you imagine looking over your centers head and there stands Rolando McClain, a healthy Donta Hightower and Brandon Spikes? Sheesh..

Id put on a face mask Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Has to be indisputable, and it wasnt. Case closed. Bama's 9-0 and LSU is 7-2. Deal with it, America.

Just so u know it was Indisputable! he had 2 feet in bounds.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Just so u know it was Indisputable! he had 2 feet in bounds.

You just won't let it go will you?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You just won't let it go will you?

Its A Forum where u discuss things.