Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Wins Region Again
...:1:
Was it boys or girls.
boys and girls we did awesome today...
Congrats LCC!
Good job.
Great job, LCC. I am so very glad to see that your hard work we have been observing over the past few years has paid off big!
who finished first as individuals?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:who finished first as individuals?
the winning time in that region was 18:12.66- Tyler Smith.
top girl was 21:43.72 in that region- Kelsey Mullins
Region 6 must be a strong region because the top boy and girl runner in region 7 would have only made 7th place in region 6.

top girl in region 6 had a 20:35.90

top boy in region 6 had a 17:12.10
Anyway congrats on your championship Letcher Central.
complete results for all regions and classes at http://ky.milesplit.us/
The difficulty of the cross country course has something to do with the times.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The difficulty of the cross country course has something to do with the times.
Maybe so but The region 6 Runners have been consistantly in the low 17s no matter what course they run on. And the girl Runner has been consistantly in the 20s.

I've been following region 7 times and they have been much slower all around than region 6 even at the meet of champions they were which they was on the same course.
Letcher Centrals Best Boys Runner ran a 19:09 in the meet of champions and 4 out of 5 ashland runners were under 19:00. Renneker for Ashland ran a 17:05 and one other Ashland runner was under 18:00, the rest were in the 18:00s except for the lone runner who went over 19.
Big CONGRATS to LCC boys and girls! Both teams ran awesome yesterday and you totally deserved the region title. We wish you all the best of luck at the state championship!

HC top girls runner all year finished 5th and our top boys runner (who hadn't lost to anybody in the region all year) finished 2nd ------- HC has to get back to work this week so we can have a good showing at the state.
That is true. I am just saying that you cannot make a determination in regional meet play due to the difference in terrain. I am sure that the times in Cross-Country is not as good as they are in a lot of places in the state. This is only the second year that LCC has a cross-country coach who takes it seriously and puts a lot of emphasis on it. I am just glad we have some schools that are taking all sports seriously instead of just football and basketball. This is the second and third regional title that LCC has won within the last thirty days and they have a shot at a fourth if the football team can win the next two games.
congradulations to all the runners yesterday.

Lcc stepped up big time and did what they had to do to take out harlan.

im already excited about next years region.
Congrats Cougars! Two team and two individual regional championship. Good Luck at state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

:1: :rockon: :notworthy:Clap:
It never ceased to amaze me how good athletes we have in other sports. GO COUGARS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:It never ceased to amaze me how good athletes we have in other sports. GO COUGARS!

4 region titles in one sport in a single season. your right we have some amazing athletes.
Now if they can just get the track and the soccer field built, and then the softball it will be complete.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Congrats to coach Hubbard and the x-country teams. It has been a banner year for fall sports at LCC so far...
Volleyball (34-3) District and Regional Champions
Girls Soccer (12-4-1) District Champs, lost 1-0 to Johnson Cent. in region
Boys Soccer (10-5-2) District R.U. (lost in dist. finals to PCC 2-1 in a shootout), lost to Corbin 4-1 in region
X-Country boys and girls both team and indidvidual regional champs
Football (9-3) vs. Harlan County in 2nd round of playoffs this Fri.
We are going to have to get a bigger trophy case. The one in the school is about to be full. Smile That is a good thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!