Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
34.95%
Belfry Pirates
65.05%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry 11/13
LOL. Wow I remember when I called out the fans I was categorized by some as anti - Belfry.
Really you know what it comes down to. It's called hunger. Belfry fans were hungry before 2003 and 2004, but they lost some of that when they finally won a couple of championships. It has already been 5 years since our last championship. How long will it take before we are hungry again? I am not satisfied with two championships or just 6 state championship game appearances. I want more. I do not want to be average. I want to be the best. How about some of the other Pirate fans out there?
joethegreek Wrote:LOL. Wow I remember when I called out the fans I was categorized by some as anti - Belfry.
Shut up Greek. You called them out during a game. You need to worry about the 'Cats beating Corbin's hind end. I am just playing with ya. Good Luck to SV this weekend.
I wanna win it every year....LOL....
irishcard16 Wrote:I wanna win it every year....LOL....

No doubt. I know we can't win it every year, but I want to and, at minimum, I want to be in the hunt.
We are definetly spoiled. We are used to winning by large numbers. Our goals as parents and fans are to support the boys in every way. Take Whitley County game for example, there were not many Belfry fans sitting almost everyone that was there was standing on their feet yelling GO BIG RED!!! The pirate atmosphere was awesome. I love Belfry Football and I always will. I grew up watching it and had the pleasure to cheer them on many times. If its going to be cold wear extra clothes and if it is going to rain wear a poncho but stand up and cheer for Gods sake. Most fans don't even stand for the school song. Lets stop being spoiled and remember that ONCE A PIRATE ALWAYS A PIRATE!!!!!! We are all a family: players, coaches, cheerleaders, band and FANS. What has happened to BELFRY TRADITIONS. Lets come out in full force LOUD and PROUD. Lets show our boys how much we are behind them.
i think the cards will have it this time considering they have all there players back and austin played a great game a ruessell so if he can play the same way at belfry i dont think they stand a chance:devilflam:ChairHit::redboxer::HitWall:
I think SC can pull this one out if they do a number of things. Like stated several times, if they limit turnovers they will be able to keep it close. IF they can keep themselves out of passing situations like 3rd and 10 it will be a big factor. IF Belfry knows its a passing situation like that, you know theyre gonna be bringing the heat. IF SC can effectively throw the short passes like they did against Russell on first and second down I see them pulling out the W.
Buc you know me I am an emotional guy. I say what I speak. LOl in 10 years of broadcasting the three schools that I haven't made mad was Tug Valley, Gilbert and Pikeville. Lol yes I have ticked off Logan.
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I think SC can pull this one out if they do a number of things. Like stated several times, if they limit turnovers they will be able to keep it close. IF they can keep themselves out of passing situations like 3rd and 10 it will be a big factor. IF Belfry knows its a passing situation like that, you know theyre gonna be bringing the heat. IF SC can effectively throw the short passes like they did against Russell on first and second down I see them pulling out the W.

Sheldon Clark @ Belfry

I agree with your analysis of how SC could win. I do, however, believe that there is another factor in the equation that must be present for them to win against their nemesis, Belfry. And that is, they must forget that it is BELFRY they are playing. Just think of a strong opponent, extremely well coached, with some excellent players, and has a history of winning. But they can not get hung-up on the past; The Sheldon Clark team must believe in themselves, know that they are up to the task, play their game and not let the opponent dictate the tempo of the game.

I have to think of something I read very recently, and is is most definitely not original: "But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth for those things ahead...."

Oh, one additional thing, if they fall behind, do not panic, play your game and never, never lose heart!

If you think you can't, you probably can't. If you think you can, you probably can. All of us SC fans can think of football games where the underdog "didn't have a chance," but came out the victor. It can happen!

If you, as a team, play your very best, minimal mistake football, and still come up short, keep your head up. For you are winners. Keep cool and play your very best.

I look forward to a hard played game, and that neither team has any injuries.
I am going with the cardinals I think they can win if they just keep their wits and not give up if belfry goes ahead keep playing till the very end if they play friday night like they did last friday they could be a BIG upset at belfry this year. Keep your cool cardinals play hard and bring home a win.
Hey, anyone seen ARAY#5. Hager must have got that BGR ban approved. J/K with ya ARAY. Bring all ya got Friday night. I got a feeling the real #5 for Belfry is gonna say "HI" again a couple of times to ya. Seriously, Good Luck.
Belfry as far as the eye can see
On this one i have to go with Belfry.
I am a dedicated Pirate fan.
I've seen us play all season and we can do it.
And to this whole " Its Sheldon Clarks Year" jazz about how its their time.
i hear that every year seems like from them.

Sorry Card's, but it looks like it inst in your hands this year Sad
maybe next year ! nottt !
lol.
GO PIRATES !TongueirateSho
i expect the same game....different outcome
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey, anyone seen ARAY#5. Hager must have got that BGR ban approved. J/K with ya ARAY. Bring all ya got Friday night. I got a feeling the real #5 for Belfry is gonna say "HI" again a couple of times to ya. Seriously, Good Luck.

lol they are on lock down
monster_energy Wrote:lol they are on lock down

They are not on lock down. They are just focused on the game right now. But of course, if you were a true Cardinal fan you would know that.
cardinal mom Wrote:They are not on lock down. They are just focused on the game right now. But of course, if you were a true Cardinal fan you would know that.

They are just making "light" comments in the thread... afterall, we do NOT want the same type of episode in this game Friday night.... Everyone needs to be in check with themselves and focused on ball.... NOT something else!! Smile:Thumbs:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Belfry 42-34
joethegreek Wrote:Buc you know me I am an emotional guy. I say what I speak. LOl in 10 years of broadcasting the three schools that I haven't made mad was Tug Valley, Gilbert and Pikeville. Lol yes I have ticked off Logan.

Of course you do, as do most people who are talking.

But people listening to the radio prefer as person to think before speaking.
belfry by 17
^ Saint, cracking me up. Big Grin
This game proves to be very interesting, but I think that the pirates pull out a very close victory in the fourth quarter. Good luck to both teams!
cardinal mom Wrote:They are not on lock down. They are just focused on the game right now. But of course, if you were a true Cardinal fan you would know that.

i know they are focused and i know coach hager wants to keep them focused and thats why he wants them to stay off of here and stay away from talking trash and show belfry what their made of on the field not off.
you say i am causing problems umm your the one on here acusing people and talking about stuff you have no clue about.
bucslover68 Wrote:Really you know what it comes down to. It's called hunger. Belfry fans were hungry before 2003 and 2004, but they lost some of that when they finally won a couple of championships. It has already been 5 years since our last championship. How long will it take before we are hungry again? I am not satisfied with two championships or just 6 state championship game appearances. I want more. I do not want to be average. I want to be the best. How about some of the other Pirate fans out there?

i am with you buclover its sad when someone in western ky cares more about the pirates then they do at belfry......shame on them,by the way dont 4get me friday night,lolTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
bucslover68 Wrote:Really you know what it comes down to. It's called hunger. Belfry fans were hungry before 2003 and 2004, but they lost some of that when they finally won a couple of championships. It has already been 5 years since our last championship. How long will it take before we are hungry again? I am not satisfied with two championships or just 6 state championship game appearances. I want more. I do not want to be average. I want to be the best. How about some of the other Pirate fans out there?

i talk and cheer about the pirates some much around here there tired of hearing it...wanting to run me back to belfry,lol
Talk about the game and not each other....
we got in trouble buc,lol,pirates by 10
cuppett777 Wrote:we got in trouble buc,lol,pirates by 10

No..that wasn't at you. it was for people taking personal jabs at each other.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No..that wasn't at you. it was for people taking personal jabs at each other.

ok cool,didnt want to get my hands smacked,lol,when you coming up for a game?if they make it to thanksgiving i am going to that and of course if they make it to bg, but going there anyway,never been to the finals