Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Lewis County 14
Close for a while then all Belfry.
Belfry got all they could handle in the 1st half. Glad they could pull away in this one.

Congrats Pirates!
Belfry over 400 yards of offense.

Lovern close to 300 All-Purpose yards, 4 TD's, and 2 INT's.

The Lewis QB and receivers made some nice plays on 3rd Down, but Belfry was an unstoppable force on offense.
Congrats Pirates!!!
Belfry sleepwalks through the first half. Great game for the senior Lovern. Let's hope everyone gets healthy for next week looks like we are gonna need everybody. Congrats to the lions though they were a very impressive # 4 seed, if the QB had some more weapons they would be hard for anyone to stop. TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Is Thomas Varney still out? Hope he gets back soon if he is..
He will be back Friday, but probably wont be 100%. Both Varney and Sr. RB/DB Nathan Carroll were out tonight.
Nice job Belfry
Congrats Pirates on the win!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
This game made alot of fans including myself come to the realization of just how great of a player Thomas Varney is,and what an impact he has on this team....we got the win but never really got it going until the 2nd half....Congrats to the Pirates
Congrats Pirates and good luck next week.
Way to go Lions, Belfry is a tough place to win at anyway, but you all had a great season, now is the time to prepare for next season, you all did an outstanding job this year.:Clap:
congrats to the pirates,time to wake and not play around or will be sitting home week 3..
Congrats Belfry! LC your team has so much class. The team seam to never forget to show good sportsmanship all night long. After being so pump from leading the game and then going down by a lot you always showed your sportsmanship and that is class :notworthy
Agree..... sat near the funnel cake table and a couple of young men from LC was standing there talking about playing Belfry a couple of years ago at London, KY in a Jr. League baseball tournament.... NOT at all rude!!! AND, I liked the way the boys from both teams helped each other up when down after a play. Pats on the back, on the helment, nicely displayed acts of sportsmanship!!!

Congratulations Pirates!
A little bit of a slow start in the first half but very impressive in the second half. Very well played game by a good Lewis Co. team. Congrats on a good season.
Quality year LC...I hate to see Mickey Mouse "Cooper" and Blake go...they are great young men...I wish them the best. I hope this is something they can build on and take this program to the next level!
Bub Lewis Wrote:Quality year LC...I hate to see Mickey Mouse "Cooper" and Blake go...they are great young men...I wish them the best. I hope this is something they can build on and take this program to the next level!

Everything I have heard from Belfry fans was that Lewis played hard, they never gave up, they were very good sports, and that Lewis brought a fantastic crowd. Sounds to me that the Lions are definitely heading in the right direction :Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Everything I have heard from Belfry fans was that Lewis played hard, they never gave up, they were very good sports, and that Lewis brought a fantastic crowd. Sounds to me that the Lions are definitely heading in the right direction :Thumbs:

Except for the ones that went in the girls rest room with the blue spray paint.. making Lion paws......
BHSPirateMom #1 Wrote:Except for the ones that went in the girls rest room with the blue spray paint.. making Lion paws......

You sure that wasn't something Mike Holcomb did when he was spying on Belfry last week Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Everything I have heard from Belfry fans was that Lewis played hard, they never gave up, they were very good sports, and that Lewis brought a fantastic crowd. Sounds to me that the Lions are definitely heading in the right direction :Thumbs:
I have to say the Lewis Co. fans should be very proud.They were extremely classy and in my opinion the loudest crowd to follow their team to the Cam this year. The players fought very hard and were great sportsmen. They will be tough next year. The whole group has definitely earned my respect.:notworthy
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You sure that wasn't something Mike Holcomb did when he was spying on Belfry last week Wink

Nah, it was still wet when it got cleaned off, during the game... But you know how it is there is a few bad apples in every crowd... TongueirateSho

I also agree that their fans are the loudest we have seen and heard this year.. I could hear their cheerleaders better than our own...
BHSPirateMom #1 Wrote:Nah, it was still wet when it got cleaned off, during the game... But you know how it is there is a few bad apples in every crowd... TongueirateSho

I also agree that their fans are the loudest we have seen and heard this year.. I could hear their cheerleaders better than our own...

That's probably because our spirit section was drowning them out. We got loud, very loud, very fast.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That's probably because our spirit section was drowning them out. We got loud, very loud, very fast.
I didn't feel that the belfry student section was very loud at all..... At least not for a top program like belfry....
good win for belfry
ttt

LClion4life Wrote:I didn't feel that the belfry student section was very loud at all..... At least not for a top program like belfry....

I know our section was. Maybe you were looking at someone else. If we were all up it'd be different, there's about 10 of us who lose it, every game.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I know our section was. Maybe you were looking at someone else. If we were all up it'd be different, there's about 10 of us who lose it, every game.

I can't speak for the student section, but the crowd overall was kind of dead. I will give them a pass since it was the first round and I know that playing Lewis County didn't excite them too much. This Friday, however, is a different story. A victory by SC over Belfry would make their year. The fans need to be ready from the moment the Pirates take the field and be a true 12th man. Do not be reactive and wait for the Big Red to fire you up, get the team fired up by cheering from start to finish.
bucslover68 Wrote:I can't speak for the student section, but the crowd overall was kind of dead. I will give them a pass since it was the first round and I know that playing Lewis County didn't excite them too much. This Friday, however, is a different story. A victory by SC over Belfry would make their year. The fans need to be ready from the moment the Pirates take the field and be a true 12th man. Do not be reactive and wait for the Big Red to fire you up, get the team fired up by cheering from start to finish.

I agree completly, the lewis county fans were louder than our fans for much of the first half. The student section was pitiful, for the size of there school belfry has been verry nonspirited with there student section the last couple of years. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!