Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New York Yankees Win their 27th World Series
The Yankees finish off the Phillies in 6 games by a final of 7-3.
Ahh, rejoice.
BTW, I called this one in the prediction thread. :biggrin:
Me and one of my buddies at PC both said in 6 too.
Absolutely awesome! I love it!
Congratz To You Yankee Fans, BTW, Whats A Check Swing These Days LOL
YAY.... I though it would went 7, but i'll take 6 lol...
Matsuhi was a monster last night, can't ask for more out of him, as he was great last night!!!
Are the Bankees going to give the Umpire crews a ring for all of their assistance?
Jarons Wrote:Are the Bankees going to give the Umpire crews a ring for all of their assistance?

LOL, did you see the 3rd called strike early in the game on A-rod with 2 on base? The **** ball was 2 feet off the plate, don't start making excuses, because we know good and well you can't make 27 seasons worth.
PC_You_Know Wrote:LOL, did you see the 3rd called strike early in the game on A-rod with 2 on base? The **** ball was 2 feet off the plate, don't start making excuses, because we know good and well you can't make 27 seasons worth.

I was referring throughout the entire post season
Joe Maure (spellling?) "Foul Ball" it was two feet fair the Ump was 10ft away and could not get it right
The "non" double play on third base in the Angels series when two men were tagged not on a base and the Ump called him safe Ump was in between the two base runners
The A-roid "Home Run" when the camera was in the field of play.
With a $200 million dollar pay roll they should have enough talent without the Ump's assistance.
oh make me sick you mean they finally won something with this over paid all-star team took them long enough
Dusty, guess we gotta let the haters hate, what are we up now, 17 on the next closest team?
Jeez, how many bandwagoners are on here. I'm really sure ALL of the Yankee's "fans" on here have always been Yankee "fans".

CINCINATTI REDS 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Jarons Wrote:Are the Bankees going to give the Umpire crews a ring for all of their assistance?

Listen I don't like New York, but they won it fair and square. Phillies could not hit against there pitching, and what is it that wins championship is good pitching.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Redneck Wrote:Jeez, how many bandwagoners are on here. I'm really sure ALL of the Yankee's "fans" on here have always been Yankee "fans".

I was born in Columbus Ohio, the Yankees AAA affiliate is the Columbus Clippers, so yes, I have ALWAYS been a Yankees fan.
Quit hatin they were the best team all year, and they very well should be dont get me wrong, but they dominated the Phillies and the entire MLB the whole season :ChairHit:
:1: :Thumbs: TongueirateSho :worthy: :Cheerlead
Could care less about major league baseball but isn't there some correlation between the Yankees winning the World Series and UK the winning the NCAA?

I thought I once heard that UK has never won an NCAA tourney unless the Yankees had won the World Series that season.

Can one of you statistic gurus check this out?
hawg laig Wrote:Could care less about major league baseball but isn't there some correlation between the Yankees winning the World Series and UK the winning the NCAA?

I thought I once heard that UK has never won an NCAA tourney unless the Yankees had won the World Series that season.

Can one of you statistic gurus check this out?

You didn't hear it, you read it this morning on Kentucky Sports Radio.
Redneck Wrote:Jeez, how many bandwagoners are on here. I'm really sure ALL of the Yankee's "fans" on here have always been Yankee "fans".

**** Yeah! :Cheerlead

well no, not all my life. Maybe Since 8th grade, where i started getting interested in baseball which was about 2001/02

But i dont care what you all think. I know who I like and you all cant change that!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Dusty, guess we gotta let the haters hate, what are we up now, 17 on the next closest team?

let em hate,

yea, 17 up, after that it drops down to The St.Louis Cardinals which stand at 10
Yanks get it done again. A lot of people dont like them but you have to give them credit they play hard and get the job done when it matters.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Dusty, guess we gotta let the haters hate, what are we up now, 17 on the next closest team?

Dead on right. They are the best team in baseball. I've been to the Clippers games many times. Saw Jaba pitch there a few times.
Lol, I love it when people throw out the largest bankroll, they bought the championship, they spend more money than any other team.......So what!

Do they keep score? If they keep score, isn't it about winning? Isn't winning measure by winning the championship? If it's about winning championship being the measuring stick, then shouldn't you do every thing in your power to win? Wouldn't anything in your power mean bring in the best players to win that championship?

I love the "bought the championship" arguments. Yep, just like the the Steelers have one of the highest salaries in the NFL = Championship. Just like LA Laker's = Championship. Hendrick Motor sports = Championship.

I hate the Laker's and the Steelers, but not because the pay the most.......
Isnt there a salary cap in basketball thought?
Yep, but you get around it with signing bonuses. The signing bonus for Kobe, Gasol and Odom and Artest was more than the entire salary of the bottom 10 teams entire salary, including bonus money. Similar with the Detroit Red Wings in the NHL, but they did not have the highest, but with virutally the highest, the won last years champsionship
Stardust Wrote:Yep, but you get around it with signing bonuses. The signing bonus for Kobe, Gasol and Odom and Artest was more than the entire salary of the bottom 10 teams entire salary, including bonus money. Similar with the Detroit Red Wings in the NHL, but they did not have the highest, but with virutally the highest, the won last years champsionship

Ok, Artest was granted a signing bonus? Crazy, Why get rid of Ariza, he was a vital player in your championship. they will regret that trade.
He signed for the contract that Ariza turned down, but made almost twice as much in deferred salary in signing bonus. Just a trick that keeps the salary cap number down. The Lakers were not willing to give Ariza upfront signing bonus which is what he wanted. It was not the salary that kept Ariza from the Lakers
Stardust Wrote:He signed for the contract that Ariza turned down, but made almost twice as much in deferred salary in signing bonus. Just a trick that keeps the salary cap number down. The Lakers were not willing to give Ariza upfront signing bonus which is what he wanted. It was not the salary that kept Ariza from the Lakers

Who do you think was the better fit? Ariza tried to hard the other night to show up Artest and Kobe, He should have stuck to his game and they would have won IMO.
I think the Yankees should have a spending limit its not fair to the other teams if the braves had that kind of money they would win too