Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KMSFA All-State Team selections
JacksonCoFan,

I really am not trying to argue with you here, but you are not correct when you say that coaches nominated their players for the All-State team.

Now, you are correct in your terminology. In fact, the words "All Tournament Team" was suggested by Coach Mann (who headed up the selection committee) on the Middle School Coaches Email Listserv. He wanted to call it that, but the coaches kept referring to it as the "All State Team". It's my understanding he just digressed and let it ride?

ALL of the players who were presented trophies or medals at the State Championship Weekend were evaluated. Either in person at the semi-finals, or by watching literally HOURS of tape of the playoff games. None of the players were "recommended" by their coaches for those awards.

Now, for the East v/s West All Star game to be held in Frankfort, each coach was allowed to submit 5 players from their team, respectively. If a team had an All-State player, then that kid was automatically invited and that would drop the number of submissions for that team to 4 (or 3, or 2, etc depending on the number of All-State players they had).

I hope that makes sense?

As for you assisting with the KMSFA, we would love for all of the coaches of Jackson County Middle to get on board. We need more involvement from your end of the state.

Not to toot our own horn here, but if you can find a better deal for $50 a year, please, please let me know? Not just this state tournament, these awards (we are somewhat debating over), but 7 on 7s at COLLEGES, training, INSURANCE COVERAGE that never exsisted before for middle school coaches, FBU, kids going to Texas to play, a state All-Star game, a forum to communicate, and the list goes on and on. I don't mention these things to brag, I am just saying that we have worked hard and ALL middle school coaches are reaping these benefits. There are a lot who just stand on the sidelines but haven't joined the KMSFA. We will still work to assist them, but at the same time we ask WHY WOULDN'T YOU JOIN AN ORGANIZATION WHO'S SOLE PURPOSE IS TO IMPROVE FOOTBALL AT OUR LEVEL????

Email me privately and we can discuss this further. Heck, ANYONE who is interested should email me. I can promise you that we will get you plugged in!
Nice post FF!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "