Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Spikes Eye Gouge?
A coach complains about officials they get fined and suspensions by commissioner Mike Slive. A player tries to hurt another players by trying to put his eyes out and he is ok with a 1/2 game suspension?
Spikes is a piece of s**t!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:So that condones someone else blinding somebody for the rest of their life, huh? Just cause it's football, that makes it no big deal and stuff like that is supposed to happen, right?

Kinda tells a lot about yourself, IMO.

You can't ban someone for life for trying to hurt another player, that stuff always happens, he just so happened to have got caught, but you don't ban a player for life. That's just stupid and would show the kind of person you are by denying a person the right to make a living using the talents he has. Sure, suspend him for a while, maybe he draft stock will drop, but you don't tell a person they can't play the sport they love for the rest of their life.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You can't ban someone for life for trying to hurt another player, that stuff always happens, he just so happened to have got caught, but you don't ban a player for life. That's just stupid and would show the kind of person you are by denying a person the right to make a living using the talents he has. Sure, suspend him for a while, maybe he draft stock will drop, but you don't tell a person they can't play the sport they love for the rest of their life.

First things first. This aint the pros, junior. This is college.

Happens all the time, just got caught? Oh, now that really makes sense. Yeah, that makes it all different!!!

If you were a college student in a classroom, and you try to gouge someone's eyes out, what's gonna happen? I'll tell you what, your going to jail.

Bottom line , your dang right, that's exactly the kind of person I am. They without question should be banned for life in college. But, as we are all aware of, pro football has no restictions on morals or bad behavior for it's rank and file to begin with. If he's that good, they dont care if he's a child molester, they'll take him.

This "It's football stupidity", is just that, stupidity.
Does anyone truly believe the first time he ever does something dirty he gets caught? Heck no. You know he's doing this crap all the time. If he does it to Georgia, what will he do to Bama? Rip their "man parts" off in the pile?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:First things first. This aint the pros, junior. This is college.

Happens all the time, just got caught? Oh, now that really makes sense. Yeah, that makes it all different!!!

If you were a college student in a classroom, and you try to gouge someone's eyes out, what's gonna happen? I'll tell you what, your going to jail.

Bottom line , your dang right, that's exactly the kind of person I am. They without question should be banned for life in college. But, as we are all aware of, pro football has no restictions on morals or bad behavior for it's rank and file to begin with. If he's that good, they dont care if he's a child molester, they'll take him.

This "It's football stupidity", is just that, stupidity.

I'll agree with you on that, it would be fine to ban him from college ball, but you cannot halt someone from making a living for themselves over something that wasn't murder and happened on a football field.
I saw the gouge and it really got under my skin,he showed his true personality,and frankly i think it stinks.We can't blame the whole team for one persons actions but he should have had a much stronger penalty than he got. I am a sec. fan and would enjoy seeing a team from sec.bring home another ncaa title but in my opinion fla.is probably our best chance of getting it
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'll agree with you on that, it would be fine to ban him from college ball, but you cannot halt someone from making a living for themselves over something that wasn't murder and happened on a football field.
Got news junior, one day you may find out that there are more ways to make a living than playing football.

What if he had a knife hidden, and the intent to mame or blind someone was the intent to use it instead instead of fingers? Does that mean that it's alright, just because it's on the football field? What's the difference , they are both premediatated actions.A weapon is a weapon is a weapon. But more importantly it's based on the intent of the mind. Dont tell me it was a reaction either. One does not do that type of thing if the object is to just tackle/block a player. It's a premeditated state of mind transgression.

When I say ban him for life, that means he is getting off easy. He really should be charged and have to stand trial to go with it, if in fact he was able to accomplishes his mission.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Got news junior, one day you may find out that there are more ways to make a living than playing football.

What if he had a knife hidden, and the intent to mame or blind someone was the intent to use it instead instead of fingers? Does that mean that it's alright, just because it's on the football field? What's the difference , they are both premediatated actions.A weapon is a weapon is a weapon. But more importantly it's based on the intent of the mind. Dont tell me it was a reaction either. One does not do that type of thing if the object is to just tackle/block a player. It's a premeditated state of mind transgression.

When I say ban him for life, that means he is getting off easy. He really should be charged and have to stand trial to go with it, if in fact he was able to accomplishes his mission.

Well, looking from the eyes of a FAR right side Republican, sounds like we should lock up and throw away the key on anyone who does any fighting or harming someone because of how it "could have" ended up. As if our prisons aren't overcrowded as it is.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well, looking from the eyes of a FAR right side Republican, sounds like we should lock up and throw away the key on anyone who does any fighting or harming someone because of how it "could have" ended up. As if our prisons aren't overcrowded as it is.

I'll just bet if someone pulled a stunt like that on EJ, you'd be calling for the death penalty too, right?:yawn:
IMO, He tried to gouge the guy and he didn's succeed. Its like trying to murder someone and not. you get attempted murder instead of murder. He should be banned for a few games or maybe the rest of the season. But how do we truly know the whole story? We dont know if something happened to him a few plays before this and it was retaliation. Who knows.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IMO, He tried to gouge the guy and he didn's succeed. Its like trying to murder someone and not. you get attempted murder instead of murder. He should be banned for a few games or maybe the rest of the season. But how do we truly know the whole story? We dont know if something happened to him a few plays before this and it was retaliation. Who knows.
Retaliation in the real world can get you the electric chair, by the way.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Retaliation in the real world can get you the electric chair, by the way.

Depends what state your in Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I'll just bet if someone pulled a stunt like that on EJ, you'd be calling for the death penalty too, right?:yawn:

Nope, Elisha has more than what it would take that if someone purposely gouges his eye, they'd never do it again.
Personally i think this should be looked at more by the NCAA. This could have ruined the georgia players career. Season ending suspension. This is totally different than blount punching that guy. this is crazy, and only a half game suspension makes me sick
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nope, Elisha has more than what it would take that if someone purposely gouges his eye, they'd never do it again.
Yeah, I guess he could hit 'em up top the head with his cane, or sic his sight seeing dog on 'em.:eyeroll:
I have pinched a few guys in my highschool days but nothing like this...that's ridiculous.

Something that worked for me tho was when we were down waiting for the ball to be snapped...I was a defensive end. When the QB would be calling cadence I would say "pink 69" and "i got all things that are good"...you know, from the video on YouTube, Ole' Greg. It would have those lineman crackin' up and then I would run them over.
vundy33 Wrote:I have pinched a few guys in my highschool days but nothing like this...that's ridiculous.

Something that worked for me tho was when we were down waiting for the ball to be snapped...I was a defensive end. When the QB would be calling cadence I would say "pink 69" and "i got all things that are good"...you know, from the video on YouTube, Ole' Greg. It would have those lineman crackin' up and then I would run them over.

Such a dirty player lol.
Quotes from the freshman Georgia RB, Washaun Ealey:

"That really didn't matter to me," Ealey said of the suspension. "That's their decision. He shouldn't, I think, get suspended at all. We were just out there playing football."
Ealey said he had his eyes closed when Spikes stuck his hand in his helmet and he wasn't hurt.

"He really didn't gouge my eyes," Ealey said. "He really didn't get a chance to get close to my eyes."

"I'm pretty sure it goes on back and forth," he said. "We probably do it and other teams do too. It's all football. We're just out there trying to have fun."

"It was just a lot of emotion in the game," he said. "We were out there fighting. It was a big rivalry game. Everybody was just out there talking trash back and forth. ... We were just out there playing football and having fun."
IMO, its football. These things are going to happen and anytime you do something competitively your emotions are going to get the best of you.

JMO
needs to be suspended rest of the year
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO, its football. These things are going to happen and anytime you do something competitively your emotions are going to get the best of you.

JMO

Glad someone else isn't freaking out over this.
If the NCAA would step in and give the suspentions that are needed a player may think twice about doing this sort of thing. Half a game is a slap on the wrist. He should be out for the rest of the season. Why should he get to enjoy football when he intensionally tried to ruin someone's life. Football is tough enough without this kind of coward cheap shots. The RB this happened to wouldn't know what to do if he were blind.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO, its football. These things are going to happen and anytime you do something competitively your emotions are going to get the best of you.

JMO

If for some reason he would have blinded him, what do you feel would be the appropriate action? Lawsuits? Permanent bans? Temporary suspensions?
That's pretty cheap and dirty of Spikes. Especially considerin all the younger players on his team look up to him. Not only that, what about all the children in the state of Florida who love their Gators. I was at the UK/UF game at Commonwealth and seen alot of little kids with Tebow jerseys (that's expected though, he's a great role model whether ya like him or not) and a ton of Spikes jerseys. The message that Meyer and the SEC commissioner is sending to these younger players and kids is that something like this is OK, not that big of a deal. I played football in high school and college and believe me, this kind of stuff goes on every play, it's not right, but it does.

As for Spikes' suspension, it's a joke. The only reason they even suspended him for one half was because they are playin Vandy. He wouldn't have even got suspended if their next game was against Bama, LSU, or somebody of that caliber.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
It is funny, if this was done by a UK player, there would be an excuse from every person on this forum saying it is just football or something. I am not agreeing with what he did, but you can't end a young person's college career, or drastically hurt his team's chance at a national title just because of one mistake. Like someone else said, this could have been retaliation. When the story first broke, I thought I read that it had happened to him on the previous possession and he was retaliating, but who knows. It is football, dirty things happen. There are dirty players in every sport. I know he definitely shouldn't have done it, but it is football, only god knows what happens on the bottom of piles on a fumble recovery
runninrebs21 Wrote:It is funny, if this was done by a UK player, there would be an excuse from every person on this forum saying it is just football or something. I am not agreeing with what he did, but you can't end a young person's college career, or drastically hurt his team's chance at a national title just because of one mistake. Like someone else said, this could have been retaliation. When the story first broke, I thought I read that it had happened to him on the previous possession and he was retaliating, but who knows. It is football, dirty things happen. There are dirty players in every sport. I know he definitely shouldn't have done it, but it is football, only god knows what happens on the bottom of piles on a fumble recovery

This is no different than what the player from Oregon did at Boise State the first game of the season, look what happened to him. It doesn't matter if it was retaliation or not, he got caught. IDK about you but I was always taught and coached that the one who retaliates is always the one who gets caught.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Mr.Kimball Wrote:If for some reason he would have blinded him, what do you feel would be the appropriate action? Lawsuits? Permanent bans? Temporary suspensions?

I never said a suspension wasn't warranted here, but if he would have done some permanent damage then yes a long-time suspension would have been the correct actions to take. But Washaun wasn't injured and so a 1-game suspension is what he should have received, but I do not agree with the half-game suspension that Meyer issued. Then again Urban Meyer even suspending one of his players is nearly a miracle.
Its a whole game now. Guess Urban collapsed under all the medias pressure!
stupid people do stupid things