Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Lady Devils 2010
Thoughts on Russell this upcoming season.
I think Russell should be the region favorites the next 3 or 4 years the excellent group of girls who won the state little league, junior league championship 2 years in a row are starting to get into high school now.
Russell does have a nice team, well coached and they play very hard. However with Ashland going undefeated last year in the Region they have to be the favorite to win it again.
AshlandFan Wrote:Russell does have a nice team, well coached and they play very hard. However with Ashland going undefeated last year in the Region they have to be the favorite to win it again.
I don't think they will be going undefeated this year. And if anything they should be co favorites with Russell. The second time they met last year they got lucky to stay undefeated in regional play with a 7-6 win.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I don't think they will be going undefeated this year. And if anything they should be co favorites with Russell. The second time they met last year they got lucky to stay undefeated in regional play with a 7-6 win.

I guess beating them first time 6-0 was luck as well. I would say it was lucky for you all to get that close in the second game. Ashland caught some bad breaks in that game. Russell will not be co favorites for the region.
AshlandFan Wrote:I guess beating them first time 6-0 was luck as well. I would say it was lucky for you all to get that close in the second game. Ashland caught some bad breaks in that game. Russell will not be co favorites for the region.
IMO they are so like I tell everyone else We will just have to disagree and we will see how it plays out come tourney time.:flame:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:IMO they are so like I tell everyone else We will just have to disagree and we will see how it plays out come tourney time.:flame:

Agree, good luck.
Ashland should be the region favorites. Pitching, Pitching, Pitching.
LIB MRDux Wrote:Ashland should be the region favorites. Pitching, Pitching, Pitching.
What do you think helped russell-flatwoods win state and go on to region against some of the best teams in the nation 2 years in a row. I can help you pitching and defense mixed in with some good hitting. If theres one thing this freshman group for Russell knows how to do it is win.
IMO Pitching probably won't be as much of a factor this year with the rules changing regarding the pitching distance. Thoughts in this regard???
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:What do you think helped russell-flatwoods win state and go on to region against some of the best teams in the nation 2 years in a row. I can help you pitching and defense mixed in with some good hitting. If theres one thing this freshman group for Russell knows how to do it is win.
And while this group was playing little league, Ashland's girls were playing varsity softball. I agree that Russell has a solid squad and should contend and could beat Ashland, just that Ashland's time is now, Russell's best years may still be shortly down the road.

Thanks for the tutorial on the craft of softball. I see much more clearly now.
LIB MRDux Wrote:And while this group was playing little league, Ashland's girls were playing varsity softball. I agree that Russell has a solid squad and should contend and could beat Ashland, just that Ashland's time is now, Russell's best years may still be shortly down the road.

Thanks for the tutorial on the craft of softball. I see much more clearly now.
Russell has many good years over the years like winning region 2001 through 2006 not counting the ones they won in the 90's while Ashland just won their first last season. Ashland is still a pup at making it to state.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell has many good years over the years like winning region 2001 through 2006 not counting the ones they won in the 90's while Ashland just won their first last season. Ashland is still a pup at making it to state.
ok
I think both of you have a great chance of winning.... I think both should be proud of there teams.... Gore I hate to bust your bubble and I think it's great what they accomplished but little league.. little league is at the bottom of fastpitch... it's not very good competition.. again nothing bad and glad the girls played in the summer but if your not playing asa or at least nsa, usssa your not playing quality fastpitch.. again nothing bad but just the facts....
outsidein Wrote:I think both of you have a great chance of winning.... I think both should be proud of there teams.... Gore I hate to bust your bubble and I think it's great what they accomplished but little league.. little league is at the bottom of fastpitch... it's not very good competition.. again nothing bad and glad the girls played in the summer but if your not playing asa or at least nsa, usssa your not playing quality fastpitch.. again nothing bad but just the facts....

I hate to bust your bubble outsidein but little league does play good competition especially when you get to regionals like Russell-Flatwoods did and the world series. Trust me Russell will be a force the next few years.
Gored I assume you havn't been around to much fastpitch... Have you been to any tournaments other than little league??? I guess you havn't if you can make a statement like that. Not busting my bubble I have been to many and I mean many tournaments and trust me little league is at the bottom. Nothing wrong with that at least the girls are playing. If you think little league is tough than enter your summerteam in some asa or nsa or ussa tournaments and see. What tournaments other than little league have you played in by the way??? Again not arguing about russell or any high school teams. I have seen some good russell teams in the past and I think they have a good program. But don't compare little league to asa or other tournaments.. I've been to little league tournaments and regionals... You need to go to some real fastpitch tournamnts....
outsidein Wrote:Gored I assume you havn't been around to much fastpitch... Have you been to any tournaments other than little league??? I guess you havn't if you can make a statement like that. Not busting my bubble I have been to many and I mean many tournaments and trust me little league is at the bottom. Nothing wrong with that at least the girls are playing. If you think little league is tough than enter your summerteam in some asa or nsa or ussa tournaments and see. What tournaments other than little league have you played in by the way??? Again not arguing about russell or any high school teams. I have seen some good russell teams in the past and I think they have a good program. But don't compare little league to asa or other tournaments.. I've been to little league tournaments and regionals... You need to go to some real fastpitch tournamnts....
I have seen many tournaments from varies organizations on tv and I will stand by my statement that when you get to regionals and the world series that these girls are just as fundimently sound as any other girl their age from any softball league. Most of them have been playng softball since they were 5 years old.
Go i respect your opinion but I havn't seen many asa nsa or ussa tournaments on tv. Only thing i've seen, concerning softball, is the little league world series and hate to tell you but it's not good softball... you really need to get out and see other tournaments you will change your mind.... but keep those girls working....(you watch on tv??? give me a break... get out and see some tournaments this summer...if you need to find them go to eteamz)
outsidein Wrote:Go i respect your opinion but I havn't seen many asa nsa or ussa tournaments on tv. Only thing i've seen, concerning softball, is the little league world series and hate to tell you but it's not good softball... you really need to get out and see other tournaments you will change your mind.... but keep those girls working....(you watch on tv??? give me a break... get out and see some tournaments this summer...if you need to find them go to eteamz)
tv or in person it makes no differenceI know talent and fundementals when i see it. I played ball from 5 years old on as well. And I've seen all kinds of different tournaments on tv and on the internet. You don't have to be at a game to evaluate talent.

You might as well stop argueing with me because You're not going to change my opinion and i'm not going to change yours.
nawww not trying to change your mind and not arguing just hope to open your eyes to some better fastpitch. What games have you watched on tv??? what have you watched on internet?? Just wondering. I might want to watch.LOL But I love going to the games.
outsidein Wrote:nawww not trying to change your mind and not arguing just hope to open your eyes to some better fastpitch. What games have you watched on tv??? what have you watched on internet?? Just wondering. I might want to watch.LOL But I love going to the games.
You're not opening my eyes to any I haven't seen before.
lol lol you havn't seen anything...
outsidein Wrote:lol lol you havn't seen anything...
Ok mr know it all:ChairHit: stop trying to argue with me its not going to get you anywhere. I've seen a lot of softball in my 20 years around baseball and softball.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Ok mr know it all:ChairHit: stop trying to argue with me its not going to get you anywhere. I've seen a lot of softball in my 20 years around baseball and softball.

You seem to be the resident Russell sports expert! Must be close to the programs. Enjoy your post. Don't enjoy you getting so defensive when someone disagrees with you. Russell's records in softball speak for themselves just ignore those who are jealous of your success!!