Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Scott Parkey's (Rockcastle) job in jeopardy?
Is Scott Parkey from Rockcastle on the hotseat? Does anyone believe that his job is in jeopardy? I am not saying it is and I am not saying that it is not. Keep in mind that this team has won 4 games this year their best win was over McCreary Central. Also, Rockcastle is losing 11 seniors! :yikes: Some of those seniors are: Bishop (the starting QB), Derek Thacker and Cole Abney (2 starters on the offensive and defensive line) Jamie Todd and Matt Bullens (the two leading recievers)

Also, only 1 interception has came from a player that is not a senior, 3 out of the top 5 leaders in tackles including the #1 tackler statistically. 10/13 fumble recoveries are by seniors, and so on so on.....

Basically, this is a bad season. There is potential to have a really bad season next year (don't get me wrong there is a TON of talent left on this team after graduation).

I do not have an opinion but I have heard some grumblings so I thought I would pose the question. Is Scott Parkey on the hot-seat.
lwc Wrote:Is Scott Parkey from Rockcastle on the hotseat? Does anyone believe that his job is in jeopardy? I am not saying it is and I am not saying that it is not. Keep in mind that this team has won 4 games this year their best win was over McCreary Central. Also, Rockcastle is losing 11 seniors! :yikes: Some of those seniors are: Bishop (the starting QB), Derek Thacker and Cole Abney (2 starters on the offensive and defensive line) Jamie Todd and Matt Bullens (the two leading recievers)

Also, only 1 interception has came from a player that is not a senior, 3 out of the top 5 leaders in tackles including the #1 tackler statistically. 10/13 fumble recoveries are by seniors, and so on so on.....

Basically, this is a bad season. There is potential to have a really bad season next year (don't get me wrong there is a TON of talent left on this team after graduation).

I do not have an opinion but I have heard some grumblings so I thought I would pose the question. Is Scott Parkey on the hot-seat.

I would hope not, Coach Parkey is an excellent coach. Rocks schedule was a very tough one and they had chances to win a couple more games. I always say becarefull of wanting to change because you might get a lot worse than what you have. Good luck to Coach Parkey, the rest of the staff and the Rockets in the playoffs.
HouseofPain Wrote:I would hope not, Coach Parkey is an excellent coach. Rocks schedule was a very tough one and they had chances to win a couple more games. I always say becarefull of wanting to change because you might get a lot worse than what you have. Good luck to Coach Parkey, the rest of the staff and the Rockets in the playoffs.

I know that you are not necessarily referring to me, but I just wanted to clarify for BGR viewers that I never said that I wanted Scott gone. I am just starting this thread for people to post what they want about it, and prevent it from coming up in other threads.
Parkey is an absolute great coach, look what he did to the middle school program in his earlier years, most of those middle schoolers he coached later on played with some of the best rocket teams to make them one of the best in the state, I'm telling you that you learn from the best before them referring to Scott Parkey which was apart of the success as the starting quarterback for the 1991 team. Parkey has done an absolute job on this team along with good staff members, the lack of effort from the players is the key of the result with the exception of the tough schedule,along with some new faces on different positions that filled some of those from the 2008 team when graduation hit. The discipline I believe needs to change back to it used to be andd a little longer practices for fundamentals which is an importance to this game. Thats IMO what needs changed and if those changes occur in the off-season and be restored going into spring of 2010, then there will be a difference in that aspect. Coach Parkey will not lose his job as a true former Rock member/player/manager/contributor, I know what can be changed to make a difference, and you have to remember that the last 3 seasons, we (ROCK) had to go on the road for the opening round of the playoffs,but mainly what has resulted this 4-6 season not to hurt any players, but its the attitude of will that is low the most.
rocket01 Wrote:Parkey is an absolute great coach, look what he did to the middle school program in his earlier years, most of those middle schoolers he coached later on played with some of the best rocket teams to make them one of the best in the state, I'm telling you that you learn from the best before them referring to Scott Parkey which was apart of the success as the starting quarterback for the 1991 team. Parkey has done an absolute job on this team along with good staff members, the lack of effort from the players is the key of the result with the exception of the tough schedule,along with some new faces on different positions that filled some of those from the 2008 team when graduation hit. The discipline I believe needs to change back to it used to be andd a little longer practices for fundamentals which is an importance to this game. Thats IMO what needs changed and if those changes occur in the off-season and be restored going into spring of 2010, then there will be a difference in that aspect. Coach Parkey will not lose his job as a true former Rock member/player/manager/contributor, I know what can be changed to make a difference, and you have to remember that the last 3 seasons, we (ROCK) had to go on the road for the opening round of the playoffs,but mainly what has resulted this 4-6 season not to hurt any players, but its the attitude of will that is low the most.

Agreed!
lwc Wrote:I know that you are not necessarily referring to me, but I just wanted to clarify for BGR viewers that I never said that I wanted Scott gone. I am just starting this thread for people to post what they want about it, and prevent it from coming up in other threads.

Just to clarify my earlier post, I was not refering to you iwc. You had said you have heard some grumblings and I was talking to the people who were grumbling. When you coach there is always people that are not satisfied that comes with the territory and everyone that is happy when you are only winning need to remeber that sometimes you have a down year or even a couple of years. In the Rocks case they have a very good coach and he will work that team back into their traditional winning ways.
I wouldn't think so but you never know.
There is no way Parkeys job is in jeopardy. On paper it does look bad, But Rock just has not had any luck this year. this team should be 7-3 insted of 4-6. they lost a 3td lead in the 4th vs Pulaski. they lost to knox central in OT by 1 on a wet field. they lost to southwestern Pulaski with 18 secounds to go. the only games this team should have lost is to #1 Boyle #2 Bell and Whitley County.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:There is no way Parkeys job is in jeopardy. On paper it does look bad, But Rock just has not had any luck this year. this team should be 7-3 insted of 4-6. they lost a 3td lead in the 4th vs Pulaski. they lost to knox central in OT by 1 on a wet field. they lost to southwestern Pulaski with 18 secounds to go. the only games this team should have lost is to #1 Boyle #2 Bell and Whitley County.

Great point!
HouseofPain Wrote:I would hope not, Coach Parkey is an excellent coach. Rocks schedule was a very tough one and they had chances to win a couple more games. I always say becarefull of wanting to change because you might get a lot worse than what you have. Good luck to Coach Parkey, the rest of the staff and the Rockets in the playoffs.

I agree Coach Parkey is a great person and coach. Leave him alone and Rock will come back.:rockon::rockon:
Great Guy Great School except for a few fans
Be careful on this post guys. This is someone's livelihood. I know lwc isn't saying he should be gone or if there is any truth to it. I'm just saying, other's need to keep in mind this is someone else's life and career.
Parkey will shape up things ppl it will just take time. You have to remember he has only been the head coach of Rockcastle County for two seasons, he's was an assistant under Coach Larkey's reign with some of the offense from 2003 to 2007. Coach Parkey will have this team improved by next season if a victory this friday was to take place and of course it will boost confidence in this young team to get ready. But overall, these boys will be alright.
Scott is doing a great job, he is bring a little class to that program. I believe they need to change defense. To many holes in that scheme.
lwc Wrote:Great point!
I was at the knoxcentral game and the field was wet for both teams. Im not sure if I was rock I would want to play kc on a fast track.