Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 26 Greenup 6 7th Grade State Semis
Congrats Corbin, and good Luck in the state finals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Congrats Corbin
Congratulations to the Redhounds!
Congrats to Corbin! You all have a fine bunch of 7th grade players. Lots of size and power, very disciplined and really football smart for middle schoolers. Best of luck against Lone Oak tomorrow afternoon.
I was at that game,and I just wonder how many of those Redhounds were holdbacks or older than 13.If anyone could could elaborate,that would be great.It seems that the better teams are usually loaded with holdbacks.This is not intended to offend anyone,just curious as to how these other teams build these winning programs.
Still it was a great season for our 7th grade team, the future looks bright, good exposure for our team, playing someone tough, good luck next season as 8th graders, and hit the weights this off season and get stronger and work on your foot speed.
Corbin Didnt play noone this season...they had a easy schedule and Knox 7th graders all played up and they made it in the 8th grade play offs as a 7th grade team basically...Corbin didnt play knox thats all im saying...Because if they did it wouldnt be nice..
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I was at that game,and I just wonder how many of those Redhounds were holdbacks or older than 13.If anyone could could elaborate,that would be great.It seems that the better teams are usually loaded with holdbacks.This is not intended to offend anyone,just curious as to how these other teams build these winning programs.

KYMSFA has age requirements to participate and teams are required to turn in certified rosters. I would suggest contacting them for more information.
Way to go Hounds !!! :Thumbs:

Congrats !!! :rockon:
Sideline Wrote:Corbin Didnt play noone this season...they had a easy schedule and Knox 7th graders all played up and they made it in the 8th grade play offs as a 7th grade team basically...Corbin didnt play knox thats all im saying...Because if they did it wouldnt be nice..

:lmao: It makes my day when i get a good laugh in the morning.:igiveup:
Greenup County 7th Graders - We are very proud of you! You have accomplished a great deal in this first combined season. Keep your heads up, work hard in the off season and go out and do even better next year. Congratulations to Bruce Hunt and his coaching staff. You guys did a wonderful job this year.
First of all join the conference next year where you can have something to crow about. I'm sure the KYMSFA would love to have you.
Second...Corbin is now STATE CHAMPS baby. Surely your not saying everyone we played all the way through playoffs and state was "no one".
Congrats to all teams!!
No kid is over 13, and no hold backs, my son is 12 wont be 13 til feburary, and is the biggest on the team!! All of the boys have been playing organized ball since they have been in kindergaten. Why do people automatically think that just because you have a good team at such a young age we have holdbacks or kids over 13, these kids that are on the team have God given talent because their father and grandfathers have played football in high school & even a few played college ball!!!
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I was at that game,and I just wonder how many of those Redhounds were holdbacks or older than 13.If anyone could could elaborate,that would be great.It seems that the better teams are usually loaded with holdbacks.This is not intended to offend anyone,just curious as to how these other teams build these winning programs.
Start a city or county program with kindergarten thru 2nd grade (flag), then 3rd thru 6th (tackle).
Your absolutely right REDHOUND93!! Top it off with a whole lot of pride and tradition and you have yourself a PROGRAM!! It all starts when they're young. We work hard to build a program and so many local teams love to tear us down. It's funny how most Corbin fans root for Whitley, Knox, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg when they're not playing Corbin but the other schools love it when Corbin gets beat. You hear the same ole crap about hold backs, transfers, etc. it's just the same as any other school. Sure, a couple kids will hold back...those are usually the ones who were not that athletic to begin with. Sure a kid or two will transfer in...usually because their parents moved here and they want their kid in a better program or school. Not always for athletics. Heck, there's even kids that leave Corbin and go to Lynn Camp or Laurel County. Its the same at every school. Pride and Tradition baby...thats the difference. As far as our 7th and 8th grade football programs...I can only think of one hold back on the 8th and maybe two on the 7th. Regardless, none were held back this year or they would not be playing. They were held back in 6th grade or earlier. Our school system will not let middle school hold backs compete in sports the same year they are held back. Unlike Whitley, Bell, Knox and a few others. Regardless of when anyone is held back they have to meet the KYMSFA guidelines. All I can say is STATE CHAMPS BABY!!! GO HOUNDS!! (and good luck to the rest of the tri county teams....seriously)