Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
50.88%
Rowan Co.
49.12%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County @ Rowan County 11/5
On November 6th for correction of the thread, It is Playoff time for Rockcastle County as they enter their 20th playoff appearance to take on (7-3) Rowan County, this marks the third consecutive year that Rock had to travel on the road during the first round. Who wins this one? And good luck to both teams along the way.
Rock 20 rowan 18
Where's the poll vote for the game???????
I have not seen Rowan play this year but Rock's schedule was brutal. If they played a tough schedule instead of a brutal schedule they would be 8-2 or
7-3 with loses probably against 2 district opponents. They are a very good hard hitting and aggressive football team. Again, I havent seen Rowan play and to be fair could not predict a score but I will say that in my opinion with what I know at this point Rockcastle will win and move on to the 2nd round against Bell County!TongueirateSho
Can some one add a poll
I heard they was going to try to have this game at Morehead State. Can any one from Rowan confirm this.
hmmm... I haven't seen Rock play, but I can tell you that Rowan is a good football team. Cross is incredibly illusive, Wing is a heck of an athlete, and Chinn is solid as a rock. I won't pick a winner... it's gonna be a great game.
I think this one will be close, right now I'm leaning towards Rowan but won't go out on a limb until later in the week. Poll has been added.
Im going with Rowan in this one.
Rowan in a veryy close one:

Rowan- 28 Rock-26
Wildcats11 Wrote:Rowan in a veryy close one:

Rowan- 28 Rock-26

Rowan County barely beat Madison Southern by 1 point and Rockcastle County could've put 100 on the board against Southern. Just for comparision sakes.
Rockcastle Co.
Sorry, but Rowan did not play Madison Southern this year. Make sure you know the facts before you post.
Rowan has one of the best RB in the state with Darrel Cross. The last time the Rocket D saw a good RB he ran for 300+yards. Remember Rees McShara (Boyle Co.) well Cross is just as good if not better. Rowan's D also held a great Lawrence team 20 points below their season scoring average. I think it will be a great game with Rowan pulling away in the end to much speed. BTW the way the field will be dry.
Rowan 28-20.
Rowan County
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Rowan has one of the best RB in the state with Darrel Cross. The last time the Rocket D saw a good RB he ran for 300+yards. Remember Rees McShara (Boyle Co.) well Cross is just as good if not better. Rowan's D also held a great Lawrence team 20 points below their season scoring average. I think it will be a great game with Rowan pulling away in the end to much speed. BTW the way the field will be dry.

Are you REALLY saying what I think you are saying?
I'll take Rowan County at home. This should be a great game.

Best of luck to both!
I will take the ROCK 28-14
This should be a really good game! I wish i could go watch this one!! But i do think that Rockcastle Co will manage to pull it off!
Rockcastle-28
Rowan-24
I'll take Rowan Co in a close one.
Rockcastle wins this one.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Rowan has one of the best RB in the state with Darrel Cross. The last time the Rocket D saw a good RB he ran for 300+yards. Remember Rees McShara (Boyle Co.) well Cross is just as good if not better. Rowan's D also held a great Lawrence team 20 points below their season scoring average. I think it will be a great game with Rowan pulling away in the end to much speed. BTW the way the field will be dry.

Cross is a good player. But he is no where near the level that Rees McShara. Rock has played against some of the best Backs in the State every week Cory Davenport, Alex Abner, Rico Brown, Arron Watts, Zack Roark, Dj Hall, Taylor Mote, Cody Bramlet. And Rowan County's D gave Up 41 points against a weak Garrard County Team. Rock Should Win 35-14
I'm not sure how good of a defense Rock has, but if Cross goes up against a good run defense he doesn't look so good. Against Lawrence he had (quote from Lawrence vs. Rowan thread) "10 for 30 yards with 31 coming on one carry".

With that said, I pick Rowan to win because of the sum of their offensive weapons. Contradictory some? I know. Tongue
Rock easily.

49-7
Rowan by 3
I will make this my official prediction.

If Rockcastle brings the VERY best team that they can, I say Rock wins by 14. If Rock leaves their heart and pride in Mt. Vernon they will lose and be known forever as one of, if not the worst Rocket team in 20+ years!!!

I will say Rockcastle 33- Rowan 28
rock 35 rowan 7
Rock. :rockon:
well rockcastle should be 7-3 this year anyway there schedule wasnt anything like it was last year they just dont have any heart on the team