Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark 30 - Campbell County 14
This included one of the most incredible onfield brawls that I have ever witnessed. There was not a single players for either 6A squad not involved. Camels were so fired up afterwards that they literally overplayed every play. Went from, the Camels in scoring position trailing 17-14 at the end of the 4th quarter, to making 2 extremly costly errors that gave the football to Clark County in easy scoring position.

GRC is solid and big, but as a District champ their district has to be very weak to struggle with the completely depleted Camels the way that they did.
Congrats GRC!!!:devilflam
Clark Co. 30 Campbell Co. 14

Campbell Co. 7 0 7 0 14

Clark Co. 7 3 7 13 30

Scoring summary:
Cl--Andrew Dini 8 run (Taylor Moody kick); Ca--Nate Geiman 24 pass from Michael Kremer (Cameron Malicoat kick); Cl--Moody 33 field goal; Cl--Darius Skinner 2 run (Moody kick); Ca--Kremer 1 run (Malicoat kick); Cl--Josh Webb 3 run (Moody kick); Cl--Webb 10 pass from Dini (kick failed).

Records: Clark Co. 7-3, Campbell Co. 3-7.

Kentucky.com
Stardust Wrote:This included one of the most incredible onfield brawls that I have ever witnessed. There was not a single players for either 6A squad not involved. Camels were so fired up afterwards that they literally overplayed every play. Went from, the Camels in scoring position trailing 17-14 at the end of the 4th quarter, to making 2 extremly costly errors that gave the football to Clark County in easy scoring position.

GRC is solid and big, but as a District champ their district has to be very weak to struggle with the completely depleted Camels the way that they did.

You have to be kidding. Henry Clay is the #2 seed, and rated in the top 5 in the state. They were rated #2 in 6A when GRC beat them. Tates Creek is no pushover. Madison Central, is in a rebuilding year.

GRC was missing players too, and GRC didn't struggle with CC as you stated. #15 for GRC carried the ball more in this game than he had in all the other games put together this season, due to players out.
Gold Charger Wrote:You have to be kidding. Henry Clay is the #2 seed, and rated in the top 5 in the state. They were rated #2 in 6A when GRC beat them. Tates Creek is no pushover. Madison Central, is in a rebuilding year.

GRC was missing players too, and GRC didn't struggle with CC as you stated. #15 for GRC carried the ball more in this game than he had in all the other games put together this season, due to players out.

When was Henry Clay ever ranked number two in 6A in any poll?
Gold Charger Wrote:You have to be kidding. Henry Clay is the #2 seed, and rated in the top 5 in the state. They were rated #2 in 6A when GRC beat them. Tates Creek is no pushover. Madison Central, is in a rebuilding year.

LOL - The Camels were missing 8 starters on defense. Let me repeat EIGHT! On offense, their #1 receiver and #1 & #2 runners were out of this game.

Don't give me the GRC players out!

As for HC being rankend #2 - sorry, NOT this year. Nope, no way! GRC should have put up 50 points on this Camel defense. They have no passing game and only capitilized on Camel miscues in their own territory to get their 13 points in the 4th quarter.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:When was Henry Clay ever ranked number two in 6A in any poll?

On another site. This district is not weak by any means.
Gold Charger Wrote:On another site. This district is not weak by any means.

Oh no, not saying this district is weak by any means. I just find it hard to believe that Henry Clay was ever ranked #2 in 6A by a credible poll. Henry Clay is a top ten team in my book, but #2? That's definitely stretching it.
Stardust Wrote:LOL - The Camels were missing 8 starters on defense. Let me repeat EIGHT! On offense, their #1 receiver and #1 & #2 runners were out of this game.

As for HC being rankend #2 - sorry, NOT this year. Nope, no way! GRC should have put up 50 points on this Camel defense. They have no passing game and only capitilized on Camel miscues in their own territory to get their 13 points in the 4th quarter.

If you state you have players missing, why is it wrong that I state that GRC had players missing too.:please: Don't see why you feel you had to attack my post.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Oh no, not saying this district is weak by any means. I just find it hard to believe that Henry Clay was ever ranked #2 in 6A by a credible poll. Henry Clay is a top ten team in my book, but #2? That's definitely stretching it.

Just stating what I saw on another site.
Gold Charger Wrote:If you state you have players missing, why is it wrong that I state that GRC had players missing too.:please: Don't see why you feel you had to attack my post.

Don't use the "GRC was missing players" as a way to give GRC a reason for the score to be close. With ALL of the players that CCHS was missing, if GRC was that good, they should have blown out a DEPLETED Camels team. GRC plays in one of the weaker 6a districts in the state. You threw our Tates Creek, a team that has been knocked off easily by a Camels team that has finished in 5th place in their District in '07 & '08. GRC did not show me what the NKY 6a teams have.

Is that why he kept fumbling the ball? :flush:GRC was good, but they'd be no better than the #3 team in Campbell's district. You can claim the Henry Clay beating Simon Kenton and then GRC beating Henry as your defense, but let's be fair, HC played SK in a torrential downpour and SK kept turning the ball over. If they play again and it's not raining, SK will beat HC, GRC, etc. Ryle would beat GRC as well. Conner could probably beat them.
That being said, good luck in the playoffs and I hope that #40's absence won't hurt you too much against Dunbar.
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:Is that why he kept fumbling the ball? :flush:GRC was good, but they'd be no better than the #3 team in Campbell's district. You can claim the Henry Clay beating Simon Kenton and then GRC beating Henry as your defense, but let's be fair, HC played SK in a torrential downpour and SK kept turning the ball over. If they play again and it's not raining, SK will beat HC, GRC, etc. Ryle would beat GRC as well. Conner could probably beat them.
That being said, good luck in the playoffs and I hope that #40's absence won't hurt you too much against Dunbar.

So the rain only effected SK playing and not HC?:lame:
Stardust Wrote:LOL - The Camels were missing 8 starters on defense. Let me repeat EIGHT! On offense, their #1 receiver and #1 & #2 runners were out of this game.

Why so many players out? Flu or injuries?
sstack Wrote:Why so many players out? Flu or injuries?

Injuries just decimated this team all season. Friday night we had 12 key players, 9 starters in black sweats due to season ending injuries.

The season was great for taking Sophomores and preparing them for next year. We started 6 sophomores and one freshman lastnight. When is the last time that a 6A team did that?
Stardust Wrote:Injuries just decimated this team all season. Friday night we had 12 key players, 9 starters in black sweats due to season ending injuries.

The season was great for taking Sophomores and preparing them for next year. We started 6 sophomores and one freshman last night. When is the last time that a 6A team did that?

I hate that your team has had so many injuries, I know what that can do to a team and their dreams for the year. It is just the way you attacked my post and the GRC team. Quote "GRC is solid and big, but as a District champ their district has to be very weak to struggle with the completely depleted Camels the way that they did. "

Why did you feel this was necessary?

Hopefully by next year all the injuries will be in the past and the experience that your Sophomores and Freshman had this year, next year they will accomplish those dreams.
Gold Charger Wrote:I hate that your team has had so many injuries, I know what that can do to a team and their dreams for the year. It is just the way you attacked my post and the GRC team. Quote "GRC is solid and big, but as a District champ their district has to be very weak to struggle with the completely depleted Camels the way that they did. "

Why did you feel this was necessary?

Hopefully by next year all the injuries will be in the past and the experience that your Sophomores and Freshman had this year, next year they will accomplish those dreams.

No need to take it persaonal, it's what blog sites are for.
Stardust Wrote:No need to take it persaonal, it's what blog sites are for.

To down grade other teams and be rude, not what I joined this site for many years ago.
Alright, let's just look at the facts. Based on the State Districting, there are 8 Districts. In 6A, District 8 (GRC, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, Madison Central) is the 7th place district, meaning they were only one from the bottom of the pack. Thus, GRC is in the 2nd worst District in the State.

CLASS 6-A District
1.St. Xavier 138.5 3
2.Simon Kenton 129.0 6
3.Trinity 126.0 5
4.Ryle 122.6 6
5.Manual 117.8 3
6.Male 116.3 4
7.Ballard 113.7 5
8.Henry Clay 113.1 8
9.Shelby County 111.4 4
10.Conner 110.9 6
11.Scott County 109.9 7