Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 46 Pike Central 20
Matman Wrote:Reality based off from your perception maybe? But it is still just your opinion. I think its right where it should be. Its weaker than 6a, 5a, and 4a. Its stronger than 2a and 1a. If you are basing your opinion off from the usual suspects than i can see where your coming from. Russel and Belfry aren't as good as usual. But Belfry is still a strong team with Varney.

So where are all of these powerful 3A teams?? You're kidding yourself if you actually think the Pirates are a "strong" team. JC abused us last night. When you see Belfry teams consistenly having difficulty running the middle, alot of 2nd and 3rd and long situations....and a defense that consistently gives up huge chunks of yardage...then you know this isn't a "strong" Belfry team.

Sheldon Clark has been a disappointment...and I know that for a fact. Breathitt has been a train wreck all season. Russell has struggled mightily.

Who else is left????
How about them Blackcats? Great season so far guys. I wish you the best of luck from Scottsville!
CONGRATS BLACKCATS! You showed alot of class and was very respectful! good luck in the playoffs,we will be cheering you on!!
Lets keep this thread on-topic.
Congrats to the blackcats.
Congrats P burg.....
Congrats. blackcats, good luck in the playoffs !!!!
congrats blackcats.....
good luck in the playoffs
oneijoe Wrote:(meant to add these points, but got distracted)

- Pike Central did a good job with inside blocking in the 1st half. But after halftime - I don't know. The Hawks went away from the inside quick-hitting game.

- Burchett maybe got a little excited on a couple of open streaks and wayyy overthrew the receivers. Too wide open? LOL...

- On the jet, the P-burg wingbacks are sometimes giving up on the outside blocking too early. Why put a "move" on a defender (1 on 1) at the hash mark to make a cut when there's lead blocking still in front further outside ? The "moves" (stop and juke) give the interior defense time to catch up to the play.

- Craynon and McKinney have developed into very nice RBs. Craynon is quick and darting, while McKinney is difficult to bring down. This get overlooked due to P-burg's passing attack.
I agree Craynon and Mckinney are good RBs but you also have to remember that these two if I am not mistaken was the RBs in middle school. Correct me I am wrong but I believe Mckinney had 32 TDs his eighth grade year and this is his 1st year at RB in high school
The McKinney/Craynon duo in the backfield has really come along. Both have made great plays all season and they both combine to make an average of 6 yards per carry (per KHSAA before 10/28). Their success on the ground makes it 10x more easier for Burchett to make plays through the air.
UofL Fan Wrote:I agree Craynon and Mckinney are good RBs but you also have to remember that these two if I am not mistaken was the RBs in middle school. Correct me I am wrong but I believe Mckinney had 32 TDs his eighth grade year and this is his 1st year at RB in high school

Mckinney was but Craynon played wideout more than tailback.
Congratulations to the Prestonsburg BlackCats.....Good luck in the playoffs.... I expect that you could make it to another state championship game and bring it back to the mountains....
congrats P-burg on a great win! Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.