Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. 5TH grade Championship; Belfry-30 SV-6
Belfry started out strong and kept going. Our
kids played very good tonight it was a good win.
CONGRATS TO THE LITTLE PIRATES.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Congrats are in order,you guys played a great game
Congrats to belfry on a good game.unfortunately, we had several of our 5th graders that play on the 5th/6th team and did not play in this one.our entire backfield were first timers at their positions and several lineman had only seen limited minutes. The outcome of the first two meetings between these teams is a better indication of the future and what we are truly capable of. The future is bright in the valley.
belfry jumped out early and never looked back in this one. I understand that valley didn't play several 5th graders in this game because they started on the 6th grade team...If so, then next year should be just as exciting to watch these two teams play as this year...most of the players in the 5th grade game were playing positions that they had never played before and it showed early but I was impressed with how the kids got better as the game went on from valley...Early in the game belfry scored at will and then they didn't score at all in the 2nd half...Valley had a couple red zone stops in the 2nd half and I noticed the increase in physicality by some of the young cats which is a good sign for them next year...but congrats belfry--you are the standard that all pike county strives for and I think valley is getting there. Is it true that valley will return its entire backfield next year and a couple of linemen from the 6th grade team...if so, wow---someone also mentioned that there was a fast little back in the 5th grade that was out due to injury...next year could be fun to watch
Insight Wrote:belfry jumped out early and never looked back in this one. I understand that valley didn't play several 5th graders in this game because they started on the 6th grade team...If so, then next year should be just as exciting to watch these two teams play as this year...most of the players in the 5th grade game were playing positions that they had never played before and it showed early but I was impressed with how the kids got better as the game went on from valley...Early in the game belfry scored at will and then they didn't score at all in the 2nd half...Valley had a couple red zone stops in the 2nd half and I noticed the increase in physicality by some of the young cats which is a good sign for them next year...but congrats belfry--you are the standard that all pike county strives for and I think valley is getting there. Is it true that valley will return its entire backfield next year and a couple of linemen from the 6th grade team...if so, wow---someone also mentioned that there was a fast little back in the 5th grade that was out due to injury...next year could be fun to watch

I think there will be sum good games to come between
these to teams. But in the second half the coach changed
the QB and you had one starting halfback in after halftime.
Our starters were pumped up for this game because they
felt they let one slip away the last time we played and
they wasn't going to let that happen again.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Well valley I guess we could debate this game from now on,but unfortunately its now basketball season and I look forward to seeing your frowning faces after our first meeting next year ha ha just kidding see ya next year
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry,nice bunch of young men.
As another poster stated earlier, Belfry is the gold standard by which all other Pike Co. programs strive for. It sounds like based on this game, along with the 6th grade game, that Valley is making some headway in that department.

Congrats to both teams.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am head coach of the belfry 5th grade. And i would like to thank all the coaches and people who work gate and concession at sv. You have been very nice to me and my boys every time we have been their. Your program is on the rise and i hope to see that continue. Also the young man who reffed the game on our sideline was very nice. As for the game last saturday i saw right away their were some #s missing but my team could play with any 5th grade team you put on the field. I give the first game away, and we had a 4th qtr lead we blew in the 2nd, as far as having players not having minutes, their is no reason a team of 9 and 10 year old boys they all should of had plenty of playing time. As we blew everybody else out im sure sv did to.
And you have a group of classy young-men there! Congratulations on your win Saturday! Your boys looked very good. They are a tough little team! I can't wait until next year... I can see some more epic battles to come! Nothing like watching these little guys go at it.
Its looking bright for both programs down the road.

If you dont mind me asking what grade is #21,#20,#70, and lil number 10
Those boys know football and number 21 has some jets on his shoes haha, im already looking forward to next season its gonna be great and it seems Pike County future football is looking well Confusedhh:
Onelittlepig Wrote:Its looking bright for both programs down the road.

If you dont mind me asking what grade is #21,#20,#70, and lil number 10
Those boys know football and number 21 has some jets on his shoes haha, im already looking forward to next season its gonna be great and it seems Pike County future football is looking well Confusedhh:
thats the 6th grade ole buddy
MADJACK75 Wrote:thats the 6th grade ole buddy

Oh yeah thats right i forgot belfry had a 5&6th grade teams. If he can hit a growth spurt i think he'll make a dandy football player
Just hate that the season is over we would have liked
to got to play sum more i enjoy watching my son play
this team will do sum big things in years to come can't
wait to watch them turn sum heads.
Im so Proud of our Little Pirate team , this little team has made me so proud , they will be a team to look out for for years to come , and i just love to watch these lil ones play, they play with all heart , And Thanks again MadJack for taking your time and you own kids time to coach this young team . I Know my sons the 2 that you have coached really love and respect you and your brother.
Congrats Lil Pirates TongueirateSho
I am the assist coach for the 5th grade team,and i would like to say that it was a great pleasure for me to have been a part of this team this year. these kids are true 5th grade no 6th grader in the bunch,and most all of them give 110 percent. I am very proud of these kids and believe me u will be hearing out of them in the future.As for the game with sv all 3 games were very good games and as for the championship game even if all kids have played I'm not sure the outcome wouldn't have been the same.Shelby Valley has a very good program on all level and is a classey bunch of people and it was a pleasure to be involved with u all.Again let me say I am very proud of our kids and thanks for ur hard work and dedication to the game ,Please keep it up,Looking forward to watching ya'll next year
OlmannSV Wrote:And you have a group of classy young-men there! Congratulations on your win Saturday! Your boys looked very good. They are a tough little team! I can't wait until next year... I can see some more epic battles to come! Nothing like watching these little guys go at it.
you are right sir, tim may is classy and the boys he coached, he is a Christian and a gentleman. i was sorry to hear he would not be back, because he didnt get to see his two sons play much this year. as for watching these two teams i agree, when you have teams this young that can huddle up, call a play and exicute it without having their coaches on the field. and all players know their assignment on d. they are very fun to watch and these two teams could do that
I execpt this bunch of kids to very good next year .