Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alfus21's 15th Region Rankings...
"noothin' but net" Wrote:Some Of These Rankings Look Good, But You Made A Big Mistake Putting Sv In 4th Postion.they Have A Young Team With No Leaders And Have A Horrible Coaching Staff, Look For Sv To Struggle This Year And Be Out Of The Top 8 Teams In The District

Did you even read the rankings? Shelby Valley is ranked 5th in my rankings..."Be Out of the top 8 Teams in the District" How is that possible with only 4 teams in the district?
Top four looks good Alfus, but Shelby Valley lost too much to be at five right now. I believe Phelps, South Floyd and Magoffin Co. should be ahead of them right now. To me the 15th region title comes back to the 57th this year in either Paintsville Johnson Centrl or Sheldon Clark, it will be a shame that one of these teams won't be in the regional tournament.
"raymond newsome" Wrote:i am so tried of hearing that panitsville is the #1 team in the region.....i mean landon is a pretty good player but you have to remember he is just a sophmore. and that lack of high school playin time will hurt them......just about all of their team is sophmores and that will hurt them in the district johnson central will beat them out of the district and they wont even make it to the regionals

That's because they are the number one team. They played the Region Champs to OT and returned all five starters. Confusedhh: If everyone would quit being so Biased then, they would realize that.
Not bad ranking for pre-season....there is a lot of basketball to be played and these will be shaken up.
It will be interesting to see how teams evolve.
GREAT list alfus...

BTW... Noothin' but net...and correct me if I'm wrong...but Cade Riddle, and John Johnson alternated the starting center poss. last year, Jacob Bryant seen a whole lot of time, and Mitchell Riddle has been the district MVP 2 years runnin, but they have no experance?

Go ahead alfus rip my spellin...lol...cause I can't!
i think that Allen Central should move up a couple slots
"TOUGHGUY" Wrote:Yeah to hear some tell it Paintsville and P-burg are the best two teams in the region. Well I think that they are BOTH (that includes "god" slone's team) are way overrated. Remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so there is mine and im sure I have backing from other posters.

I will back u on that toughguy, But the truth is SF is gonna be hard to handle by the time season is going to an end.... They might start out strong or they might start out horrible but i guarantee by the end of the season they r gonna be a contender for the title
U know not it seems like every year Sf struggles at the first of their season then around the All A they start to make things happen so i think they will be a contender for the 15th region title also
"i-dono" Wrote:GREAT list alfus...

BTW... Noothin' but net...and correct me if I'm wrong...but Cade Riddle, and John Johnson alternated the starting center poss. last year, Jacob Bryant seen a whole lot of time, and Mitchell Riddle has been the district MVP 2 years runnin, but they have no experance?

Go ahead alfus rip my spellin...lol...cause I can't!

Dude don't worry about spelling..I need to get over that stupid crap anyways...Unless I can't understand a word you typed it doesn't bother me...And yeah Shelby Valley has some experience...Hopefully some of the younger guys will step up and play some good ball...
"alfus21" Wrote:Dude don't worry about spelling..I need to get over that stupid crap anyways...Unless I can't understand a word you typed it doesn't bother me...And yeah Shelby Valley has some experience...Hopefully some of the younger guys will step up and play some good ball...

i agree shelby valley has a good young team but it will be hard for them to stay in the top 5 because there still young.
Man the Raiders must be great since anyone can't touch them... Wow I wonder if they'll win state...ahahaha
"Webster" Wrote:Man the Raiders must be great since anyone can't touch them... Wow I wonder if they'll win state...ahahaha

No reason not to win state the way their fans act most of the time...
"alfus21" Wrote:No reason not to win state the way their fans act most of the time...
shelby valley should be in the top five atleast thats the way their fans think
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:shelby valley should be in the top five atleast thats the way their fans think

????? So did Cats Pause and quite a few other rankings...Being ranked 5th isn't that great of an honor...It's just the truth....No need to get bent out of shape...
yea but i think sf should be ahead of sv but i mean u done a good job
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:hahaha.. yeah you are entitled to your opinion.. but the whole thing is, no one is really jealous of your raiders.. they haven't done much the past few years.. But then again i could care less about high school basketball in this part of the state.. it's a joke anyway.. when was the last time a team from the 15th made it past the first round????

By no means is South Floyd a contender for the state championship, nor is any other team in the 15th.... But as far as your statement goes about SF not doing much in the past few years, you need to check your facts....

They've won the 58th district the last 5 out of 6 years, won the 15th regional All 'A' tournament in '00 and '05, 15th regional champs in 2001, and were WYMT champs in '02. Have they won a state tournament? No, but by no means have they not 'done much'. I think they have accomplished a lot in the last few years.....
They have accomplished a lot. They are only jealous of your Raiders bomber. How many touneys has p-burg won the last 10-15 years?
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:By no means is South Floyd a contender for the state championship, nor is any other team in the 15th.... But as far as your statement goes about SF not doing much in the past few years, you need to check your facts....

They've won the 58th district the last 5 out of 6 years, won the 15th regional All 'A' tournament in '00 and '05, 15th regional champs in 2001, and were WYMT champs in '02. Have they won a state tournament? No, but by no means have they not 'done much'. I think they have accomplished a lot in the last few years.....

I agree with bevinsville bomber. SF is always up there when you talk about the 15th regioin boys basketball. They are always among the top in the region and they will be in years to come as well.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:By no means is South Floyd a contender for the state championship, nor is any other team in the 15th.... But as far as your statement goes about SF not doing much in the past few years, you need to check your facts....

I think they've had some good success the last 6 years...The only team to do better is Shelby Valley, but those are some good numbers over the last few years...They've not owned the region, but they'll always have a decent team...

Ok so i was wrong about their success in the region.. But the truth is i snapped when i typed my post.. This forum is starting to get to me with all the bashings and all that goin on.. I know SF has had some good teams.. Hell the best game i ever saw was SF vs. Paintsville where SF lost on that last second layup.. I think it was SF anyway..

But the truth is.. There are some posters that like to go on and on and on about stuff and it's starting to drive me crazy.. But I am not jealous of the raiders or any other team in the 15th.. and i still think that statewide, the 15th isn't nothing to really worry about, and hasn't been for some time..
SF PROVED THAT THEY R CONTENDERS IN THE 15th TONIGHT WITH THE WIN OVER JCHS
"thebestplayerever" Wrote:SF PROVED THAT THEY R CONTENDERS IN THE 15th TONIGHT WITH THE WIN OVER JCHS

I was waiting to see the 1st person to come and say that....I'll probably update the rankings on Sunday and do it then from now on...They'll be a little bit different next time..
Good to see more mature level posts about the 15th Region and more directly the 58th District. Teams continue to beat up on each other in the 15th and Shelby Valley has controlled the region as of late. Teams make runs for a few years and then someone else will step up. South Floyd has had success in our region as well as some of the other teams. I like the rankings and they are fun to look at and see who is moving up or down. I think also that the strength of a teams schedule should have some bearings on the rankings. Good job fellas.