Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutliple sports
Seems like everywhere expect belfry kids can play 2 sports in 1 season and Coach Haywood wont allow it. Any answers why?
I don't think this is true has they have had a few kids the past couple of seasons play more than 1 sport.
no like play soccer and football at the same time.
imgman94 Wrote:no like play soccer and football at the same time.

Oh, Well that's a different story I don't think that they should be allowed to play another sport during the same season. The player should go to the sport he is best at and stick to it, Because you want your team and its players to be focused and dedicated to that particular sport during its season and if he is playing to sports then there is a chance he will have to miss practices and games and to be a team that's something that you just cant have.
well i said in 1 season and that i mean a season like summer and fall. but soccer players have the stereotype to be able to kick. so i dont understand why it would be a problem for a soccer player to kick football and play soccer as well. its seen from Johnson Central,Shelby Valley, Pikeville etc...
I know it is happening more and more.
imgman94 Wrote:well i said in 1 season and that i mean a season like summer and fall. but soccer players have the stereotype to be able to kick. so i dont understand why it would be a problem for a soccer player to kick football and play soccer as well. its seen from Johnson Central,Shelby Valley, Pikeville etc...

OK i see.. I guess its just his views on it and how he wants to do it.. I'm not going to be the to question him or his ethic on the matter so i guess to find out one would need to ask him.
And Coach Haywood doesn't allow it for some reason. I play soccer and would love to have the opportunity to kick as well.
I think several still see soccer as a big distraction and hate to see it at all. This is especially true in EKY where it is just starting to take hold.
At Russell we use soccer players to do the kicking.
Exactly. and people need to open their eyes and not see it as a dumb sport but as any other sport. And honestly football is a big part of my life too!
CatDawg Wrote:I think several still see soccer as a big distraction and hate to see it at all. This is especially true in EKY where it is just starting to take hold.

This is very true. Ive been helping with the younger kids trying to get soccer started here in the county and for the past few years we have had very good numbers.
I'm probably gonna go talk to him about it because seeing that Thomas is graduating this year I've heard they needed a kicker lol
imgman94 Wrote:I'm probably gonna go talk to him about it because seeing that Thomas is graduating this year I've heard they needed a kicker lol

It never hurts to ask I hope everything gets worked out and hope you get your chance to play.
I appreciate that!
You would think they would be open to at least letting you try.
well thats the thing people before me have tried he said "Well you can kick but we have a kicker, sorry" lol. So i'm kinda skeptical about trying, seeing that I played football for him and quit too play soccer.
At Campbel County, we use soccer players to kick. It is a distraction for football. The soccer players literally get no quality time to work on football kicking and coverages.