Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Girls Tournament (Monday Result)
Paintsville 3 - North Laurel 2
Lady Tigers played well, as did North Laurel. Paintsville moved on to play the winner of Pikeville - Hazard. Congrats Lady Tigers!!
In second game Pikeville 8 - Hazard 1.
By the looks of things, this tournament is Paintsville's to lose. But I could be wrong because I havn't seen much girls soccer this year. Letcher is tough this year, but never count out SL's girls, they are always good.
Dang congrats to Paintsville that was their toughest game IMO
Congrats to the lady tigers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I don't think that the South Laurels girl's team will be a team to beat. They will have to depend on thier younger players because thier top 2 scorers are out for the season. But they play solid D and Ginger Johnson is healthy now. So they may shock me but as of right now I don't see it. If Katie White and Jessice Perkins was healthy it would be a completely different team.
South girls won, but I didn't get a score
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Dang congrats to Paintsville that was their toughest game IMO

Paintsville girls aren't 17-1 for no reason. i look for it to be a JC and paintsville Final. I could be wrong though.
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville girls aren't 17-1 for no reason. i look for it to be a JC and paintsville Final. I could be wrong though.

I can't see Johnson Central beating South Laurel, so it should be South Laurel and Paintsville in the final. Paintsville has played a very easy schedule with Somerset being the only team on it that I think could compete with South Laurel. Paintsville lost to Somerset by a score of 5-0 and South Laurel is better than Somerset, so I think South Laurel wins this region again even with their injury situation.
The only reason JC could possably beat SL is because of injuries. Katie White and Jessica Perkins both out for the season. To of the best scorers in the state, you know that hurts! But then again they have alot of young talent. The girls from the Middle School hadn't been beat in 2 years and most of them are not sophmores and freshmen. So they can play.
Congratulations to the South Laurel girls! Good luck in state
Congratulations to South Laurel! I really didn't think that anyone, with the possible exception of North Laurel, would be able to knock them off.