Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your Top 10 look like?
Heres mine..
1. Alabama (7-0)-Jumps the Gators.
2. Florida (6-0)- WILL play Bama in the SEC title game.
3. Texas (6-0)- Solid team, but nowhere near the top 2.
4. USC (5-1)- Big win over ND yesterday. No surprise though.
5. Cincinnati (6-0)- Looked pretty darn good against a good USF team on the road. Im telling you people, this team is for real!
6. LSU (5-1)- Big, big games coming up for the Tigers.
7. Iowa (7-0)- Most underappreciated undefeated team in America.
8. TCU (6-0)- The BEST non BCS team in America. Period.
9. Virginia Tech (5-2)- Should run the tables the rest of the way. SHOULD.
10. Miami (5-1)- Rather unimpressive win over UCF, but a wins a win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't think any of the top 3 teams distances themselves from the others yesterday.. Out of the 3, Alabama was the most impressive. I'd go with this.

2. (A) Alabama
2. (B) Florida
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Cincinnati
6. Iowa
7. Miami
8. TCU
9. LSU
10. Oregon

I don't think a couple of those teams are Top 10, but with the losses in the top 10 yesterday, had to put someone in there. Obviously Boise State will be in the real top 10, but I just don't think they're that good.
1. Florida - just a hick-up as Tebow gets his wits back about him. They had the same thing last year against Ole Miss and then destroyed every after that. Same thing will happen after this week.

2. Bama - Defense, nuff said. They have the ability to stop Florida, USC and Texas. But their offense concerns me to think that they can score against those three teams.

3. USC - to me, they are now back in the picture for best teams in the country

4. LSU - obviously not as good as Florida, but if they played 10 times, they would win at least 3. To me, they are better than anyone else below them in the rankings.

Next level of teams

5. Virginia Tech - this team is Good! Not as good as the top 4, but they do it all. They will play the champsionship if Texas loses. Va. Tech will finish undefeated.

6. UC - Pike's status tells me whether they can run the table in the Big E.

7. Miami
8. Iowa
9. TCU
10. Boise State - trust me, put any team on that blue field and they will lose to BS
1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. Virginia Tech
6. Miami (FL)
7. USC
8. LSU
9. Cincinnati
10. Georgia Tech

I may put Boise State at #10.
No way should anyone have Bama over Florida. UF has not lost so without a doubt they are still number 1. They are still the champs till they get beat.
Amun-Ra Wrote:No way should anyone have Bama over Florida. UF has not lost so without a doubt they are still number 1. They are still the champs till they get beat.

Agreed
1a. Alabama
1b. Florida
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Cincinnati
6. LSU
7. Miami-FL
8. Georgia Tech
9. Virginia Tech
10. Boise St.
Top 5 Title Contenders, judging by BCS and remaining schedule...

1. Florida
2. Texas (if Dez Bryant gets to play when they play OK ST., they lose and drop, if not they could very well run the table)
3. USC- Should Run the table the rest of the way, in a very good PAC-10. But, could run into problems with those Beavers and Oregon. No way they would've lost with Barkley at QB against Washington.
4. Alabama- May lose before Florida, to Tenn. or LSU.
5. Miami- Should run the table the rest of the way, ACC Champs.

I think Texas gets upset somewhere along the way and USC steps right in.

Could it be any better than Florida vs. USC in the title game, this year?

Both teams are alot alike, except for the Tebow factor, USC's counter to that would be, I think they have a better recieving core.
1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Iowa
6. LSU
7. Cincinnati
8. Georgia Tech
9. Virginia Tech
10. Miami(FL)
13. Boise State
1. Florida- Alabama is more well rounded, but Florida is more explosive and macthes p very well with Bama.
2. Alabama- Mot complete team in the country right now.
3. Texas- They havent been pretty, but they keep winning.
4. USC- I cant stand ND and OSU, but those are both quality road wins and their lone loss came without their QB on the road.
5. UC- Had they played the same schedule as the teams above, it may be different, but no denying the Bearcats are solid.
6. LSU- Lone loss came to Florida, their "bad" win over Washington is the same team who beat USC.
7. Iowa- They win ugly, but they are still wins nonetheless. Undefeated with a road wins over Penn State and Wisconsin.
8. Boise State- Say what you will... the win over Oregon is still a win over a Top 15 team in the national spotlight.
9. Miami (FL)- Embarassing loss to VT, impressive win over Georgia Tech cancel out. Win over a 3 loss Oklahoma on their homefield isnt so impressive anymore.
10. G'Tech- Cannot put them ahead of Miami.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Florida- Alabama is more well rounded, but Florida is more explosive and macthes p very well with Bama.
2. Alabama- Mot complete team in the country right now.
3. Texas- They havent been pretty, but they keep winning.
4. USC- I cant stand ND and OSU, but those are both quality road wins and their lone loss came without their QB on the road.
5. UC- Had they played the same schedule as the teams above, it may be different, but no denying the Bearcats are solid.
6. LSU- Lone loss came to Florida, their "bad" win over Washington is the same team who beat USC.
7. Iowa- They win ugly, but they are still wins nonetheless. Undefeated with a road wins over Penn State and Wisconsin.
8. Boise State- Say what you will... the win over Oregon is still a win over a Top 15 team in the national spotlight.
9. Miami (OH)- Embarassing loss to VT, impressive win over Georgia Tech cancel out. Win over a 3 loss Oklahoma on their homefield isnt so impressive anymore.
10. G'Tech- Cannot put them ahead of Miami.

I would defintely put Miami of Florida above Miami of Ohio.....:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I would defintely put Miami of Florida above Miami of Ohio.....:biggrin:

HAHA fixed...I had the Uk thread I was about to post on my brain
1. Florida - Will have to bear Bama in the SEC title game.
1. Alabama - Will have to beat Fl in the SEC title game.
3. Texas - They have to do better on O.
4. Iowa - They just find ways to win.
5. Boise State - The longest winning strake in the nat.
6. TCU - They got a D that can play in the SEC.
7. Cincinnati - I think Boise State and TCU can beat them.
8. Miami-FL- Lose to Va Tech
9. Georgia Tech- Lose to Miami-FL
10. USC- They lose to Washington 3-4 (2-2) in the PAC 10
I dont think I would even have USC in my top 5. they havn't prove anything, in my eyes

1. Florida
2. Bama
3. Texas
4. Cincy
5. LSU
6. Boise St
7. Virgina Tech
8.Iowa
9. Miami FL
10.USC
1. Florida- Until they are beaten, they ARE #1
2. Texas- Still unbeaten and have only lost 2 games in 2 years which was a VERY lucky TD by Crabtree last year. Whether it has been pretty or not, they haven't lost
3. Alabama- Very tough defense, but I don't think their passing game will be enough to beat the gators
4. LSU- They lost to UF, but they are still a top 5 team and IMO better than USC because USC doesn't play anyone hardly
5. USC- Nice win over Ohio State on the road and ND, but play in a weak PAC 10 conference
6. Miami- Have a couple of very nice wins and play a fairly rough schedule
7. Iowa- VERY underrated in my opinion and a very nice comeback win this past week
8. Virginia Tech- Big win over Miami, but they are somewhat inconsistant
9. Cincinnati- Not impressed by them much, but they are still undefeated
10. Georgia Tech- Pretty good team, but their offense looked really bad against Miami

Notice Boise State is NOT in my top 10 because if you put them in either the SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, or basically any major conference, they would be lucky to be an average team.
runninrebs21 Wrote:1. Florida- Until they are beaten, they ARE #1
2. Texas- Still unbeaten and have only lost 2 games in 2 years which was a VERY lucky TD by Crabtree last year. Whether it has been pretty or not, they haven't lost
3. Alabama- Very tough defense, but I don't think their passing game will be enough to beat the gators
4. LSU- They lost to UF, but they are still a top 5 team and IMO better than USC because USC doesn't play anyone hardly
5. USC- Nice win over Ohio State on the road and ND, but play in a weak PAC 10 conference6. Miami- Have a couple of very nice wins and play a fairly rough schedule
7. Iowa- VERY underrated in my opinion and a very nice comeback win this past week
8. Virginia Tech- Big win over Miami, but they are somewhat inconsistant
9. Cincinnati- Not impressed by them much, but they are still undefeated
10. Georgia Tech- Pretty good team, but their offense looked really bad against Miami

Notice Boise State is NOT in my top 10 because if you put them in either the SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, or basically any major conference, they would be lucky to be an average team.

Weak Pac 10 conf.?

Oregon, Arizona, Cal, Oregon State, Arizona State, Washington, UCLA, etc.

UCLA beat Tenn.
Oregon is in the top 15 or so.
Oregon St. aint that bad. Ranked I think.
Arizona St. is usually good.
Washington beat them, without Barkley and played ND tough.
Cal is pretty tough, with Jahvid Best and Others. Ranked
Arizona is ranked.
The PAC10 teams are too inconsistant. That is why at the end of the season, USC is about the only one that is ranked. Maybe Cal or Oregon. But they will win against a good opponent, then lose to a nobody or get blown out by a decent opponent. They might be ranked, but rankings after the top 10-15 don't mean much. The last 10 change drastically every week most of the time.
And also, check the BCS rankings again... 3 teams from the PAC10 are ranked, and Arizona is barely in there at 22. And in the AP poll, USC and Oregon are the only PAC10 teams ranked.

Washington BARELY beat USC WITHOUT Barkley. Washington St. sucks. UCLA barely beat a weak Tenn. team. Oregon St. isn't ranked like you said. What supports Arizona St. usually being pretty good? Never heard of anything special they did. Cal is fair but got destroyed by USC and Oregon. Arizona, barely beat Stanford, and lost to Washington.

None of the PAC10 teams are very impressive. USC normally is, but they really aren't up to their normal caliber. Sorry to argue, but it's true.
runninrebs21 Wrote:And also, check the BCS rankings again... 3 teams from the PAC10 are ranked, and Arizona is barely in there at 22. And in the AP poll, USC and Oregon are the only PAC10 teams ranked.

Washington BARELY beat USC WITHOUT Barkley. Washington St. sucks. UCLA barely beat a weak Tenn. team. Oregon St. isn't ranked like you said. What supports Arizona St. usually being pretty good? Never heard of anything special they did. Cal is fair but got destroyed by USC and Oregon. Arizona, barely beat Stanford, and lost to Washington.

None of the PAC10 teams are very impressive. USC normally is, but they really aren't up to their normal caliber. Sorry to argue, but it's true.
We may not agree on much, but Im with you here, bro. UCLA beat a 3-4 Tennessee team, Washington is average, Oregon is fair. USC is nowhere near what they normally are and Cal is a joke. I also agree 110% with you about Boise. I hate seeing them ranked this high because they schedule a bunch of tomato cans other than Oregon, and use it to jump in the rankings, but IMO, they are nowhere near a top 10 or 15 team. Of course we'll never agree on Bama and Texas, lol, but I do agree with you on pretty much everything else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My top ten looks like this:
1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Everyone else just falls in somewhere

Now obviously Florida and Alabama can't be #1 and #2 at the end of the season, without some help. I believe that ONE SEC team will be in the title game the other will be the #3 team.
runninrebs21 Wrote:And also, check the BCS rankings again... 3 teams from the PAC10 are ranked, and Arizona is barely in there at 22. And in the AP poll, USC and Oregon are the only PAC10 teams ranked.

Oregon(5-1) is leading the Pac-10 at 3-0 in the conference.
Yes USC got beat by Washington, but Boise is better than Washington and Boise beat Oregon.

Oregon is #11, Arizona is #22, Cal was ranked(Oregon and USC blew em out, but they are #7 and #11 for a reason)

Arizona State is 4-2, with losses to Georgia(by 3) and Oregon St. In 2007, they were 10-3, 2004 they was 9-3. Ever since 2002, they have had 7 wins or more, except for 2003. That's 7 out of 8 yrs. in Bowl Games.

Oregon St. is 4-2, with losses to Cincy(28-18) and Arizona. 2008(9-4), 2007(9-4), 2006(10-4).

Arizona is 4-2, with losses to Iowa(27-17) and Washington(who beat USC and took ND to overtime)

Washington 3-4, beat USC, took ND to overtime, and LSU beat them 31-23.

According to the last AP poll in 2008, the Pac-10 had 4 or 5 teams in the Top 37 teams. USC #3, Oregon#10, Oregon State #18, Cal #26, Arizona #36

In 2007, they had 4 in the top 25.

In 2006, had 3 in top 25.

In 2005, had 5 in the top 37.
PAC 10 is a crappy conference. That being said Boise State needs to join them because their crappy conference is even worse.
This is about this year, not past years. And you can't go beyond the top 25 as far as rankings. I mean if you do that, you can say a lot of people are ranked. "Ranked" is only for the top 25. And the facts are, the PAC10 sucks. Boise is average at best. All those Pac10 teams beat each other, and they are all weak besides USC and Oregon.
runninrebs21 Wrote:This is about this year, not past years. And you can't go beyond the top 25 as far as rankings. I mean if you do that, you can say a lot of people are ranked. "Ranked" is only for the top 25. And the facts are, the PAC10 sucks. Boise is average at best. All those Pac10 teams beat each other, and they are all weak besides USC and Oregon.

It actually shows who recieved votes. You asked me why I thought Arizona St. is usually good.

All the SEC teams don't beat each other?

Safe to say all the SEC teams are weak somewhat besides Florida, Bama, and LSU?

Go and look at each SEC teams' schedule and win-loss.

Conference Rankings, IMO.(top to bottom strength)According to BCS.

1. SEC- Florida, Bama, LSU, South Carolina
2. Big Ten- Iowa, Penn St., Ohio St., Wisconsin
3. Pac 10- USC, Oregon, Arizona
4. Big 12- Texas, Kansas, OK st.
5. ACC- Miami, VA. tech, G-Tech

4 or 5 is about the same.

Oh, and why is everyone not saying anything about TCU's conf. being average, with no title contenders?
TCU's Schedule

@ Virginia 1-0 (0-0) W 30-14
9/19 Texas State 2-0 (0-0) W 56-21
9/26 @ Clemson 3-0 (0-0) W 14-10
10/03 Southern Methodist 4-0 (0-0) W 39-14
10/10 @ Air Force 5-0 (1-0) W 20-17
10/17 Colorado State 6-0 (2-0) W 44-6
10/24 @ No. 16 Brigham Young 7:30 PM
10/31 UNLV 4:00 PM
11/07 @ San Diego State 4:00 PM
11/14 No. 18 Utah 7:30 PM
11/21 @ Wyoming 2:00 PM
11/28 New Mexico
Amun-Ra Wrote:PAC 10 is a crappy conference. That being said Boise State needs to join them because their crappy conference is even worse.

It may be crappy, but USC has managed to win a few national titles here and there. Not saying that makes the Pac-10 great, but it does speak well for their conference to have a consistent national contender.