Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida 23 - Arkansas 20
runninrebs21 Wrote:Jump on the bandwagon? I never said I was a Florida fan because I am not. Like I said in other posts on the forum, I AM A TEXAS FAN and have been for about 10 years or so. I am a Tebow fan because he knows how to win. Say what you want about his stats, but he always WINS at the end. It shouldn't matter if you win every game by 1 or 50, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Florida is unbeaten, therefore they are the true number 1 team, and they technically are because the BCS poll is all that matters anyways. Yes bama beat VT but they are another overrated and usually are. Ole miss, another overrated. South Carolina barely beat UK and UK is horrible. So you can compare other games if you want to, but when they play each other Florida will beat them. I would say Texas would probably beat the gators in the championship if they play, but who knows. Oh wait, according to your theory, Texas barely beat Oklahoma, who lost to BYU, who got killed by Florida State so that makes Florida state better than Texas. See, that sounds retarded. It doesn't matter how bad you beat somebody. You can't compare how 2 teams play the same opponents because there are certain match-ups that can cause blowouts or close games. I wouldn't go ahead and pencil bama in for the SEC championship game, they still have to play LSU by the way.
But Florida has played a powerhouse schedule? LOL Bama will slap LSU. Mark that down. And you said they havent beaten anybody. Va Tech beat Miami by 24! Dazzle me, genius, other than LSU, who HAS Florida beaten? Tennessee (what are they? 3-4) at HOME? And when I was talking about bandwagon, I was implying that I dont like the Bama bandwagon jumpers.. And Ill tell you another thing. Bama OR Florida would beat Texas to death. Yeah bring that team with no sign of a running game against the Tide and see what happens after we pick off Colt five times. Oh yeah, and UK horrible? You DO realize they just beat a 5-2 Auburn team on the road, right? So who DO you have to beat to impress you? The Colts? The Patriots? Saints? Since whipping three ranked teams isnt enough, tell me, what WOULD BE impressive? If Texas makes it to the national championship it would be a travesty, because BOTH of these teams are head and shoulders above the Horns. Ill be honest, I dont care where we are ranked, as long as we are right there at the end. Either 1 or 2. Doesnt matter to me, but everybody in the nation, even the dillusional Horn fans will agree, that its Bama, Florida, and everybody else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hatz Wrote:Actually I'm a fan of all the great programs (But must confess to having a Texas bias since I was a child and watched Jimmy Street lead the Horns to the '69 National Title).

I also did a little digging and found that Davis/Blanchard each won a Heisman for Army and 2 National titles ('44 and '45) and were denied a third ('46) only because of a 0-0 tie with Notre Dame (voted National Champs with the same record). Would they be in the discussion?
I have nothing against Texas (the real UT). Darrell Royal showed Bear Bryant how to run the wishbone, and I, along with every other true Tide fan, are grateful for it even today. Won us two more national championships, and prolonged the Bear's career. Notre Dame has won two titles that I dont agree AT ALL WITH. The '46 team AND when you talk 1966 I get fighting mad. Bama wins the titles in '64 AND '65, and is preseason #1. They blow out everybody they play. They finish 10-0 in the regular season (they won their bowl game too, but as you well know Im sure, the national champions were crowned before the bowl games in those days), and somehow get jumped by Notre Dame AND Michigan State because of that stupid tie, and ND is crowned national champions. Thats why it doesnt bother me at all to see Notre Dame pay today for stealing titles, especially the '66 season. But yes, the Army teams of the 40s, especially the ones with Mr Inside and Mr Outside, would HAVE to deserve some consideration..this would be a great thread, dont you agree?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Alabama overrated? Who has Florida played that is so high and mighty? Charleston Southern? Troy? They have one quality win over #4 LSU. Bama has beaten #7 Virginia Tech, #20 Mississippi, #22 South Carolina, and the Arkansas team that could have beat Florida by 3 TDs. Weaker schedule than Bama. That is why Bama made the jump to #1 this week. I don't like Bama, and I don't like Florida, but Bama can and will beat Florida in the SEC championship. So if you don't mind get on the Tebow bandwagon and ride all the way back to Gainesville, cause Bama is gonna take this Rose Bowl Natl Championship.

Tebow bandwagon....what are u talking bout....Tebow has 2 national championships and a heisman, also youngest to ever win heisman, he has the right to have a bandwagon...
theVILLE Wrote:Tebow bandwagon....what are u talking bout....Tebow has 2 national championships and a heisman, also youngest to ever win heisman, he has the right to have a bandwagon...

Need you forget that Sam Bradford also won the Heisman as a Sophomore.

As far as I'm concerned he has 1 national championship. Chris Leak was the starting QB on the first team, and sure you can rant and argue that "Tebow held his own in the national championship game", he wouldn't have been in that championship game if Chris Leak wouldn't have started and most of their games all season.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Need you forget that Sam Bradford also won the Heisman as a Sophomore.

As far as I'm concerned he has 1 national championship. Chris Leak was the starting QB on the first team, and sure you can rant and argue that "Tebow held his own in the national championship game", he wouldn't have been in that championship game if Chris Leak wouldn't have started and most of their games all season.

Why wouldn't Florida have been in the National Championship game if Tebow would have started instead of Chris LeaK. This is the same Tim Tebow that was the 2nd leading rusher on the team, that being the same team that Chris Leak was the starter. In the National Championship game, Tebow ran for a TD and threw for a TD.

This is the same Tim Tebow that came into a game against LSU where Florida was down by two Touchdowns, a game where Chris Leak was intercepted twice and was not having great success against the LSU Defense, and Tebow wound up leading Florida from two scores down to victory by throwing two TD's and rushing for the game winner.

I will give it to you that Chris Leak was the starter, but had Tebow not lead Florida in that come-from-behind victory over LSU, Florida would never have made it to the National Championship game. So, I'll give a lot of credit to Tebow for that championship.
Stardust Wrote:Why wouldn't Florida have been in the National Championship game if Tebow would have started instead of Chris LeaK. This is the same Tim Tebow that was the 2nd leading rusher on the team, that being the same team that Chris Leak was the starter. In the National Championship game, Tebow ran for a TD and threw for a TD.

This is the same Tim Tebow that came into a game against LSU where Florida was down by two Touchdowns, a game where Chris Leak was intercepted twice and was not having great success against the LSU Defense, and Tebow wound up leading Florida from two scores down to victory by throwing two TD's and rushing for the game winner.

I will give it to you that Chris Leak was the starter, but had Tebow not lead Florida in that come-from-behind victory over LSU, Florida would never have made it to the National Championship game. So, I'll give a lot of credit to Tebow for that championship.

You can't give him that much credit just for one game. Sure he did well in 2 games, and was the 2nd leading rusher on a mostly PASSING team.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:You can't give him that much credit just for one game. Sure he did well in 2 games, and was the 2nd leading rusher on a mostly PASSING team.

I didn't say he was the reason for them winning the title game, but I will certianly give him credit for what he did. As for 2 games, I only posted two games. If you think his Freshman year he just sat on the sideline like a typical Frosh, better go check out his game stats for each game. He got a lot of snaps, and not just clean-up snaps. In many games during he Freshman season, he and Leak would alternate series. Finally, to your point that they were a passing team, they had 3300 yards passing, 2200 yards rushing, 1100 yards difference over a 14 game season, sorry, they were pretty balanced not just a PASSING team. I'll add one final stat, he led the team in Touchdowns. Not too shabby considering they had guys like Harvin and Caldwell on their team.

People don't want to give this kid his just due. He deserves it because he earned it.
Stardust Wrote:I didn't say he was the reason for them winning the title game, but I will certianly give him credit for what he did. As for 2 games, I only posted two games. If you think his Freshman year he just sat on the sideline like a typical Frosh, better go check out his game stats for each game. He got a lot of snaps, and not just clean-up snaps. In many games during he Freshman season, he and Leak would alternate series. Finally, to your point that they were a passing team, they had 3300 yards passing, 2200 yards rushing, 1100 yards difference over a 14 game season, sorry, they were pretty balanced not just a PASSING team. I'll add one final stat, he led the team in Touchdowns. Not too shabby considering they had guys like Harvin and Caldwell on their team.

People don't want to give this kid his just due. He deserves it because he earned it.

:igiveup::notworthy

Is that enough due?? :biggrin:

Look, he was NOT the starter. He played a key role, sure. Did he LEAD them to the title? I recall Leak being on fire in that Title game. Tebow had 39 rushing yards in the title game and his score came in the 4th quarter of the blowout.

I like the guy. I just don't think he's the ONLY one in the conversations of "all time greatest."
^ If he win the Heisman and title this year, he will be considered the greatest. Their won't be another player with the list of accomplishments that would be comparable. Only one other player has won two Heismans. Their are a few who have ever been on three National Championship teams, needless to say play and contribute whether he starteed all three or not . He will have accomplished both of those feats, something no one else has ever done. That should put him at the top of the accomplishments board. If he gets neither this year, then it will knock down the legacy, but will still put him in the conversation with the other greats who have played the game.
I agree Tebow is a great player, but I just don't see him winning the Heisman this year.