Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co Central Wrestling this year.
They are so dedicated to other sports that they don't see yet what this sport can do, and the potential to help these young kids get a college education.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
been off the site for a few days due to cable problems.

just want to let everyone know that practices are going very smoothly and coach minster has done an amazing job. practices are hard and i can hardly walk to my car after practice is over. we still have about 20+ kids coming out everyday. should see good results this year.
Have you figure out if any football players are coming out?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They are in football
theres a few that have said they are coming out but most the time they quit after a couple weeks because theres not 1000 people in the stands watching like their use to. but you never know. i hope they come out and stick with it.
Pike County Central is also wrestling this year,I think its starting right after football
wrestler_119 Wrote:theres a few that have said they are coming out but most the time they quit after a couple weeks because theres not 1000 people in the stands watching like their use to. but you never know. i hope they come out and stick with it.

You can't blame your teammates for loosing in this sport. Whatever the team looses it comes down to individuals. Your team is successful when you are.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

you hit the nail on the head cougarpride
That to me is why this sport is tougher than any other sport.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I totally agree that the wrestling programs could be effectively used as an off season training program for the much lauded football programs. I have seen it done in many states, including Kentucky, quite effectively. It would also benefit the youth as the exposure to the mental and physical discipline of wrestling would help them mature into contemplative and resourceful adults. It would also benefit the wrestling programs in general by gaining access to the resources (weight-lifting, whirlpools, etc) commonly used by the football program but also needed to effectively develop the wrestlers. It really seems like a win-win idea and proper promotion and publication may be the best short-term option.
Whatever ideas you have we are all ears in letcher co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How is practice going 119?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

still good so far. i think we have weeded out most of the weak ones and everybody we have now should stick with us for the rest of the season. right now the only weight classes we have that are not filled are 160,171,189. all though there are two football players that i think are coming out after football season at 160 and 189. we are really strong in our lower weights this year like we were last year also.

we have our first tourny saturday at perry central. its a preseaon takedown tourny so it wont be like an acctual match but i will post all the results i can get after the match.
thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Update on everything thats going on.

We had our first match of the season today at pound Va.

cant really recall how everybody did but heres what i know.

103- Justin Gross: 2-0
112- Joel Murtaugh: 2-0
119- Tyler Smith: 2-0
125- Brandon Gibson: 2-0
140- Ethan Riley: 1-1
189- Dustin Collins: 1-2

Theres about 6 more wrestlers but dont really know how they did. Our next match is next saturday at Whitley county. suppose to be 11 teams there with about 3 or 4 of them being out of state. will keep you guys posted.
Did you guy win the meet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

no we lost 39-30 i think.

we were dominating the first couple matches but our middle an heavy weights couldnt pull it out.
Thanks for the info. The first meet is always the hardest ones. I know he said some of the guys had to get in shape. From the looks of the first meet, you all are on your way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!