Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 29 Ashland 28
Who I root for is none of your business coach booth. Secondly, on my way up to the game listening to Matney he said the reason they hired him @ JC was to win state titles and I assume that's why they pay him out the ying yang. But I got some bad news for you Eagle fans it aint happenin this year either.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I disagree it was an upset because ashland was 6-0 and johnson central was 2-4 with ashland ranked in the top 10 in 5a. It all depends on how you want to look at it.

You're exactly right and I choose to look at it as not being an upset. Ashland was 6-0 coming into the game last night, but they had only one quality win on the season. Ironton was a good win and a quality win for the Tomcats. I know you probably want to count Belfry as a quality win but Belfry isn't the Belfry of past seasons. Belfry struggled with Pike Central last night. I'll give you one quality win on the season but I will also say you have one more quality win than JC does.
kyrifle Wrote:You're exactly right and I choose to look at it as not being an upset. Ashland was 6-0 coming into the game last night, but they had only one quality win on the season. Ironton was a good win and a quality win for the Tomcats. I know you probably want to count Belfry as a quality win but Belfry isn't the Belfry of past seasons. Belfry struggled with Pike Central last night. I'll give you one quality win on the season but I will also say you have one more quality win than JC does.

belfry may not be team of past couple yrs, byt the last twon yrs i know of jc said this was there yr to get them didnt happen,may be this is the year we will so, but dont count them out ,or jc will lose againTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
rajon Wrote:Who I root for is none of your business coach booth. Secondly, on my way up to the game listening to Matney he said the reason they hired him @ JC was to win state titles and I assume that's why they pay him out the ying yang. But I got some bad news for you Eagle fans it aint happenin this year either.

It may not happen this year and to the best of my knowledge I don't think that has been mentioned on this site. Why bring it up are you just looking to stir things up? What bothers me is here JC finally has something go there way in a season that has been full of disappointments and you get on here and try to bring them down after a hard fought victory. It's very childish if you ask me and I can't understand why it's allowed on here.
Are you ashamed to tell who you root for? I noticed you just created this account this month. I believe this makes your third account on here and I just think that's comical. If you dislike the Johnson Central program this much why were you parked out side of the gait and watching the game? It's pitiful what some grown men will stoop to when hiding behind a computer screen.
cuppett777 Wrote:belfry may not be team of past couple yrs, byt the last twon yrs i know of jc said this was there yr to get them didnt happen,may be this is the year we will so, but dont count them out ,or jc will lose againTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Wow what a suprise another Johnson Central thread where someone brings up Belfry.:eyeroll:
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Ashland fans are the only crowd that has ever complained about the music..lol makes ya wonder

No, other fans have also!
Sounds like it was a great game. I thought JC was a very good team last year, but lacked a passing game. It is good to see them win this game on a pass play (or maybe it is not since we might see them in the post season). I also saw it was the backup QB; can someone tell me how many passes JC threw for the game and how many for the starting QB?
Want to send out best wishes to the man who was hurt from the fireworks! I was at JC for a playoff game last year and thought the fireworks were nice but dangerously close to fans. I made a comment last year that someone was going to get hurt. I think this will be the last of the fireworks just like Highlands cannon this year. The schools insurance will not allow for it to continue.They were fun, but not worth another injury.
Coach Booth Wrote:Who gives a crap about Highlands! .
their mommies do:yikes:
Don Carlo Wrote:Wow what a suprise another Johnson Central thread where someone brings up Belfry.:eyeroll:

Get it right Don Carlo. Kyrifle brought up Belfry. Cuppett was just responding to what kyrifle wrote.
Great win Eagles :Thumbs:
Congrats JC
BADCAT74 Wrote:Here's all I'm going to say about the afore mentioned music, I think everyone noticed the absence of it before jc scored in the first quarter then it got noticeably louder an more frequent on through til halftime? Start of second half music as before but then suddenly it got eerily quiet until the end of the game when they were driving an made some big plays it started up again. The reason I bring this up is, if in fact that music is for all the fans from both sides to make the game enjoyable as Kimble claims it is. then why the silence when we scored twenty two unanswered in second half? Seemed pretty biased to me. I think that it is clear why it is done, one more time the actual music is fine iactually like the pump up music between change of possession any thing like that I love it, it's the songs where certain words of it are cut in to make it apply to a bad play or whatever that had just occured. It also interfered with the announcing of the game couldnt here what they were saying when the music was playing an trying to talk at the same time. Had no effect on the game what so ever but IMO still it is in bad taste when it's not dished out evenly! Makes the press Box seem like more of a bully pulpit.

Ok there it is, I'm sure that's what you've been waiting to hear, let the name calling begin I can take it!

I guess that kinda goes along with the "Home Field Advantage" everyone seems to elude to, doesnt it? Im sure everyone isnt particularly thrilled when Ashland scores a TD at Putnam and you have to listen to a horn go off so the Raceland fans know at their game that the Tomcats have scored. I dont recall hearing that horn to many times in last years game, so is it safe to say that its only sounded when The Kittykats score.
nky Wrote:their mommies do:yikes:

Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are !!!

:Clap:
Kayaker Wrote:I guess that kinda goes along with the "Home Field Advantage" everyone seems to elude to, doesnt it? Im sure everyone isnt particularly thrilled when Ashland scores a TD at Putnam and you have to listen to a horn go off so the Raceland fans know at their game that the Tomcats have scored. I dont recall hearing that horn to many times in last years game, so is it safe to say that its only sounded when The Kittykats score.

To my knowledge there is no horn only the cannon
BADCAT74 Wrote:Here's all I'm going to say about the afore mentioned music, I think everyone noticed the absence of it before jc scored in the first quarter then it got noticeably louder an more frequent on through til halftime? Start of second half music as before but then suddenly it got eerily quiet until the end of the game when they were driving an made some big plays it started up again. The reason I bring this up is, if in fact that music is for all the fans from both sides to make the game enjoyable as Kimble claims it is. then why the silence when we scored twenty two unanswered in second half? Seemed pretty biased to me. I think that it is clear why it is done, one more time the actual music is fine iactually like the pump up music between change of possession any thing like that I love it, it's the songs where certain words of it are cut in to make it apply to a bad play or whatever that had just occured. It also interfered with the announcing of the game couldnt here what they were saying when the music was playing an trying to talk at the same time. Had no effect on the game what so ever but IMO still it is in bad taste when it's not dished out evenly! Makes the press Box seem like more of a bully pulpit.

Ok there it is, I'm sure that's what you've been waiting to hear, let the name calling begin I can take it!

All I am going to say is that I noticed it all night long. Not more at one point or the other. I don't get what the big deal is. The music is great and is supposed to get OUR fans involved in the game. I am sure the "moron" does not call you and ask for your input on what to play. Does the cannon or siren go off at putnam when an opposing team scores a touchdown? Does your band play our fight song when we score? This is silly to even complain about something that has nothing to do with the game. If you don't like it bring your headphones and try to pick up Dickyland on the radio. I have been to college games and NFL games it is exactly the same and probably louder. :please:

I can tell you from sitting very near the "moron" that the music was played just as much during the second half as it was during the first half - in fact, perhaps more so. I suspect you just couldn't hear it as well from the visitors' section because the Ashland fans actually bothered to cheer the second half whereas it sounded like a funeral being conducted over there during the first half.
Eagle Eye Wrote:All I am going to say is that I noticed it all night long. Not more at one point or the other. I don't get what the big deal is. The music is great and is supposed to get OUR fans involved in the game. I am sure the "moron" does not call you and ask for your input on what to play. Does the cannon or siren go off at putnam when an opposing team scores a touchdown? Does your band play our fight song when we score? This is silly to even complain about something that has nothing to do with the game. If you don't like it bring your headphones and try to pick up Dickyland on the radio. I have been to college games and NFL games it is exactly the same and probably louder. :please:

Now it's interesting that you bring that subject up. Dicky Mouse and his station, WDICK 66.6 FM, is hard to pick up in Johnson Co. It just does not seem to have the strength to cover this area. On the other hand Johnson Co.'s station comes in loud and clear in Ashland. Do we have a distinct pattern developing here, when it comes to competitiveness on several things? Hmmm. Now that's something to really ponder on!!!:biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Now it's interesting that you bring that subject up. Dicky Mouse and his station, WDICK 66.6 FM, is hard to pick up in Johnson Co. It just does not seem to have the strength to cover this area. On the other hand Johnson Co.'s station comes in loud and clear in Ashland. Do we have a distinct pattern developing here, when it comes to competitiveness on several things? Hmmm. Now that's something to really ponder on!!!:biggrin:

Funniest thing I've heard/read all day!
Eagle Eye Wrote:All I am going to say is that I noticed it all night long. Not more at one point or the other. I don't get what the big deal is. The music is great and is supposed to get OUR fans involved in the game. I am sure the "moron" does not call you and ask for your input on what to play. Does the cannon or siren go off at putnam when an opposing team scores a touchdown? Does your band play our fight song when we score? This is silly to even complain about something that has nothing to do with the game. If you don't like it bring your headphones and try to pick up Dickyland on the radio. I have been to college games and NFL games it is exactly the same and probably louder. :please:

No, the only reason this was brought up in the first place is because kimble said that it was for both teams fans to enjoy the game. I don't expect it to be fireworks for the visitors! Duh! I'm just glad somebody finally admits it is for the home team an not something for the visitors example song "another bites the dust". Was played after Ashland turned the ball over on a fumble. It's pretty obvious what it is geared toward. As kimble stated it is "Satrical humor" that would imply that it's suppose to be funny right? So It seems to reason that they would be laughing at the other team?? Sounds pretty cut an dried to me. As I've said before many times I love the pump up music, it just some of the other I could Do without.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Now it's interesting that you bring that subject up. Dicky Mouse and his station, WDICK 66.6 FM, is hard to pick up in Johnson Co. It just does not seem to have the strength to cover this area. On the other hand Johnson Co.'s station comes in loud and clear in Ashland. Do we have a distinct pattern developing here, when it comes to competitiveness on several things? Hmmm. Now that's something to really ponder on!!!:biggrin:
Is Dickie the announcer who kept calling Coach Matney a cheater when things were not going well for the Tomcats? If so, then Dickie is quite a Homer, IMO.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Funniest thing I've heard/read all day!

Ah, I've got a million of em , Blackcat.:biggrin:

Does seem that sometimes I'm the only one that finds humor in some of em though.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Is Dickie the announcer who kept calling Coach Matney a cheater when things were not going well for the Tomcats? If so, then Dickie is quite a Homer, IMO.

Dickie wouldn't say something like that. That sure doesn't sound like the :AngelPray that I know.:biggrin:
:biggrin:

Impressive win for Johnson Center! :Clap:
oneijoe Wrote:Now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are !!!

:Clap:

I chuckled too when I read it. :Clap:

But my guess is that there will be some Eagle fans that care about the Birds if and when we match up in the play offs. :biggrin:

I rode down for the game since Highlands had a bye. Always enjoyable place to watch a game. Not a fan of the music, but I'm not a fan of any music at football games. To each their own.

I thought Ashlands had the better overall team speed, but ironically it was Hall's speed that was the difference in the game. Frankly I couldn't understand why Matney didn't call his number more often to run the ball. Kid has some really good speed as he demonstrated on JC's second TD, as well as the last one. Impressed with JC's resilence. They had their heads dropped at times (particularly in the 3rd quarter) and I thought the game was over. But they fought back and pulled it out. JC still has to work on better handling of the football and improve their pass defense. Way too many times Ashland had receivers behind JC's defenders. I'm sure it was the weather, but I was somewhat surprised with the small crowd given the significance of the game.

Honestly, I'm not really sure how Ashland lost the game as I thought they had the overall better team and a much more balanced offense. Albers is a nice running back by the way.

All in all, a very entertaining game. Well worth the 3 plus hour drive each way to see two teams Highlands is likely to face in the playoffs. Glad to hear the gent who lights off the fireworks is fine. Could have been real bad.
charlie22 Wrote:I chuckled too when I read it. :Clap:

But my guess is that there will be some Eagle fans that care about the Birds if and when we match up in the play offs. :biggrin:

I rode down for the game since Highlands had a bye. Always enjoyable place to watch a game. Not a fan of the music, but I'm not a fan of any music at football games. To each their own.

I thought Ashlands had the better overall team speed, but ironically it was Hall's speed that was the difference in the game. Frankly I couldn't understand why Matney didn't call his number more often to run the ball. Kid has some really good speed as he demonstrated on JC's second TD, as well as the last one. Impressed with JC's resilence. They had their heads dropped at times (particularly in the 3rd quarter) and I thought the game was over. But they fought back and pulled it out. JC still has to work on better handling of the football and improve their pass defense. Way too many times Ashland had receivers behind JC's defenders. I'm sure it was the weather, but I was somewhat surprised with the small crowd given the significance of the game. Honestly, I'm not really sure how Ashland lost the game as I thought they had the overall better team and a much more balanced offense. Albers is a nice running back by the way.

All in all, a very entertaining game. Well worth the 3 plus hour drive each way to see two teams Highlands is likely to face in the playoffs. Glad to hear the gent who lights off the fireworks is fine. Could have been real bad.
Weather I'm sure played some part of it, but the biggest reason was we have been on fall break all week. A lot of people were out of town, heck a lot of people are sick right now too. And I guess some may have even thought that it wasn't worth getting rain soaked, and risk the chance of getting sick as well.
If it wasn't an upset why is Ashland still ranked in the top 10 AP poll this week? I looked for Johnson Central and just couldn't find them in there. Every sports writer that went on record that I know of picked Ashland to win as well. But like they keep saying that's why they play em!

Observation: its' 4th & 11 JC hopes were down to ONE play. The second string QB comes in without hardly even warming up, makes a desperation pass for which the receiver has to jump up high as he could go to get his hands on, when he comes down his toes are not more than 2 inches in bounds, and JC does the VERY unlikely and pulls out a victory over a good opponent that had all but delivered the knockout punch. Its' a very nice win and no one is trying to say that JC didn't deserve it, happy is one thing but crowing under the prevailing circumstances seems a bit miss placed to me.

If the officiating was tilted one way or the other it wasn't discernable by watching the game, had to be slight on hand by those striped demons!

I would like to see these two line up again this year, ( dare I say it? ) WITHOUT the music. That has to be louder than OSHA would allow! I found myself envisioning the speaker blowing up or bursting into flames, oh well, once every two years or less is tolerable I guess. I'm not saying it isn't ok, I was just surprized how loud it actually is. Good luck the rest of the year, no doubt JC has a good team and one to be proud of at that!
gapman Wrote:If it wasn't an upset why is Ashland still ranked in the top 10 AP poll this week? I looked for Johnson Central and just couldn't find them in there. Every sports writer that went on record that I know of picked Ashland to win as well. But like they keep saying that's why they play em!

Observation: its' 4th & 11 JC hopes were down to ONE play. The second string QB comes in without hardly even warming up, makes a desperation pass for which the receiver has to jump up high as he could go to get his hands on, when he comes down his toes are not more than 2 inches in bounds, and JC does the VERY unlikely and pulls out a victory over a good opponent that had all but delivered the knockout punch. Its' a very nice win and no one is trying to say that JC didn't deserve it, happy is one thing but crowing under the prevailing circumstances seems a bit miss placed to me.

If the officiating was tilted one way or the other it wasn't discernable by watching the game, had to be slight on hand by those striped demons!

I would like to see these two line up again this year, ( dare I say it? ) WITHOUT the music. That has to be louder than OSHA would allow! I found myself envisioning the speaker blowing up or bursting into flames, oh well, once every two years or less is tolerable I guess. I'm not saying it isn't ok, I was just surprized how loud it actually is. Good luck the rest of the year, no doubt JC has a good team and one to be proud of at that!

Havn't seen the AP poll but the Cantrall has Ashland at #8, and JC at #10.

Surely you wouldn't put too much stock in a what sportwriters thought, would you? Would you not think that maybe 1 out of 10 ever played the game anyways.

I would put more stock in Cantrall's than the AP poll anyday.

And as far as the music

CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!
Don't you guys realize that the more than you groan, whine, cry, complain, pout and argue...did I include whine... it just adds fuel to the fire in two years. The next time the Tomcats return to the nest, the music will be played louder and longer.
I am a local fan for all schools in the Ashland area but, I can not listen to most of ashland games because of DICKEY! He has got to be the worst I have ever heard!!! I guess when your daddy leaves you the station you can do what you want, he sure didn't earn it! I loved hearing his dad, man, how things change. So J.C. fans you are right about one thing; Dickey and his little..........:blonded:are rude!
Why don 't you work on that becoming the new slogan for The 'Nest.........

CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!

The funniest thing I seen in awhile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]