Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 29 Ashland 28
guys look i know dickie martin personally and does he say some things he shouldnt yeah pobably.But who doesnt none of you have ever made a mistake he lets you know his opinion on just about anything and atleast he has the guts to say what he thinks for everyone to hear unlike some who say it away from a microphone or hiding behind a computer screen, we cant have it both ways of someone is a coward who post on here and then someone who says it for everyone to here is a jerk. you wouldnt believe the things dickie martin and david payne have done for the boys in this community. anytime they need help or someone to go to for advice they both would give the shirt off there back for them just the other day i saw dickie and i told him i wasn't in college and he immediately started pushing me to get in school so attack him hiding behind this cpu screen all you want but in reality he wants nothing but to see his community and these kids succeed and reach there full potential so i hope this offered you all some insight on the other side of dickie martin.
I have no doubt that what you say about Dickie is correct. Anyone that has listened to him knows how much he cares for those in ASHLAND. However, the things he has said over the years about other communities and their kids is what makes everyone so heated about Dickie.
CatDawg Wrote:I have no doubt that what you say about Dickie is correct. Anyone that has listened to him knows how much he cares for those in ASHLAND. However, the things he has said over the years about other communities and their kids is what makes everyone so heated about Dickie.

Absolutely! Couldn't have said it better.....
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:guys look i know dickie martin personally and does he say some things he shouldnt yeah pobably.But who doesnt none of you have ever made a mistake he lets you know his opinion on just about anything and atleast he has the guts to say what he thinks for everyone to hear unlike some who say it away from a microphone or hiding behind a computer screen, we cant have it both ways of someone is a coward who post on here and then someone who says it for everyone to here is a jerk. you wouldnt believe the things dickie martin and david payne have done for the boys in this community. anytime they need help or someone to go to for advice they both would give the shirt off there back for them just the other day i saw dickie and i told him i wasn't in college and he immediately started pushing me to get in school so attack him hiding behind this cpu screen all you want but in reality he wants nothing but to see his community and these kids succeed and reach there full potential so i hope this offered you all some insight on the other side of dickie martin.
There is no excuse for an experienced radio announcer like Dickie Martin for making repeated disparaging remarks about opposing players, facilities, or coaches on the air. If I had the opportunity to tell Mr. Martin the same to his face, then I would be happy to do so. However, when I was able to attend the Ashland-JC games, Ashland was still kicking JC's tail in the series. You see, Dickie is a sore loser who has no trouble finding nice things about an opponent that is being pummeled by the Tomcats but his nasty side emerges when his team is on the short end of the score.

Martin is an exceptional play-by-play talent and it is a real shame that he has never learned to lose with class.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no excuse for an experienced radio announcer like Dickie Martin for making repeated disparaging remarks about opposing players, facilities, or coaches on the air. If I had the opportunity to tell Mr. Martin the same to his face, then I would be happy to do so. However, when I was able to attend the Ashland-JC games, Ashland was still kicking JC's tail in the series. You see, Dickie is a sore loser who has no trouble finding nice things about an opponent that is being pummeled by the Tomcats but his nasty side emerges when his team is on the short end of the score.

Martin is an exceptional play-by-play talent and it is a real shame that he has never learned to lose with class.

Which is why he never has anything good to say about Matney. I believe Matney has now notched back to back, to back, to back, to back onslaughts against the Tomcats. Not only that, but he has beat them 7 out of the last 9 times he has coached against them. And just to get the Tomcats furr all fuzzed up here early this morning, it could have been 6 staight and 8 out of the last 9, if not for the cheaters in the striped shirts on the field goal attempt.*

*(That'll get em woke up this morning) :Clap:
[SIZE="7"]
CRANK IT UP!!!!![/SIZE]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Why don 't you work on that becoming the new slogan for The 'Nest.........
CRANK IT UP!!!!!!!

The funniest thing I seen in awhile.

I know they've got him locked up in one of those rooms with rubber walls right now, but I'll see if they'll let me in to talk to that "moron" with the CD player about doing just that. Hey, you never know what that guy'll do next. He's craaaaazzy!!!::HitWall:
Say what you want about us saying things about poor little DICKEY! I don't hide behind my screen, I was coaching a 6th grade game 7 or 8 yrs. ago at ashland and he was standing at the top behind my young players waiting to play the next game and the ref. made a call and Dickey started cussing and said remember who pays you ,"you sorry son_____ " and it went on for a couple of minutes until I got up and ask who he was and to stop cussing and he imform me that I was in his house and If I didn't like it leave! A couple of ashland people came and dickey walked off with him still cussing towards me! I just ask him to stop using the lords name in vane in front of my kids in a nice way. No, HE knows me and I will say to his face what a little man he is anytime, If that's your school hero I feel very sorry for you. Money to a program doesn't teach morals.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Absolutely! Couldn't have said it better.....
I agree with what you say, when Ashland is winning, he is a good play-by-play broadcaster, but when the Tomcats are losing, he changes, and if Ashland get's a penalty, it's like the end of the world to him, which Ashland is the greatest team at holding, but never get flagged, and putnam stadium is his own personal home, in his mind.:biggrin:
I even said myself guys dickie being brash isn't his best quality but I've known him for a lot of years and he has not just given money to a program but stayed on kids about grades what about when elliot county basketball was thumping the tomcats dickie did nothing but congtatulate them.let's be honest right or wrong most of his comments are directed at coach matney who is a polarizing figure in his own right.but you never here dickey say anything about bob lutz, dudley hilton or ivan mcglone who routinely beat the tomcats during dickey's tenure.so if he doesn't like coach matney he is a jerk on the radio but if he posted it on here he is a coward and some would say coach matney himself could be labeled a sore loser to judge by some of his actions(this is the man who received to unsportsmanlike conduct penalties @ the end of the 05 gme) but the jc community defends the man and say he is a genuinely nice guy so why the double standard
Get over it! everybody around knows his story and his little buddies stories, enough said! Don't want any of them around my kids! This is a dead issue for me and i'll not respond on this anymore.