Poll: Your favorite recruit??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dodson
0%
Wall
47.37%
Bledsoe
5.26%
Orton
10.53%
Hood
21.05%
Cousins
15.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your favorite UK basketball recruit from this years great class? Why?
5/Star

*****Eric Bledsoe-6'1 PG
*****John Wall-6'4 PG
*****DeMarcus Cousins-6'10 PF
*****Daniel Orton-6'10 C

4/Star

****John Hood-6'6 SG
****Darnell Dodson-6'7 SF(Junior College)

Who is your favorite recruit? Who will have the top career or season? Please explain why you chose this player.

I personally would not trade Cousins for any player we have for the upcoming season but Wall is outstanding as everyone knows and is obviously deserving of the talk but with that being said I believe Daniel Orton will become the face of Kentucky basketball. He has the same personality on and off the floor as Chuck Hayes. With that maturity and 5 extra inches(on Hayes) he will become a hero in Lexington one day I do believe. Daniel Orton will have the best career at UK. Wall and Cousins will have possibly the best freshman seasons but Orton will be there 3 maybe for years and he will be dangerous. Orton is my pick.:rockon:
i think that youre right but i gotta go with wall for this year...the guy changes games by hisself. Hes like jesus shuttlesworth except hes REAL! But i think that a recruit that a lot of people are overlooking who will be the X factor in a lot of games is Darnell Dodson the guy is an athlete, he is so long and has a perfect basketball frame. He will be a defensive presence and someone who can finish at the rim. So basically my picks short-term= Wall x-factor=dodson long term=orton
Bledsoe - He won't be leaving in 1 or two years, could become a very likable guard in UK history.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Bledsoe - He won't be leaving in 1 or two years, could become a very likable guard in UK history.

Took the words right out of my mouth :biggrin:
Hood or Orton.
John Wall is my favorite with Cousins at a close second.
This would be a better question to ask at seasons end when we all see how these players play on the court and how they act off of it.
My personal favorite is Orton because he is the big body that UK has been looking for. Also, i think he is the best out of the ones that are actually gonna stay for 3 to 4 years.
leecoukfan Wrote:My personal favorite is Orton because he is the big body that UK has been looking for. Also, i think he is the best out of the ones that are actually gonna stay for 3 to 4 years.

I read in the CatsPause yearbook that Orton is down to 245 pounds. So, that means that Cousins is the big guy on the team at 260-270 pounds.
Cousins is much bigger than Orton, bigger, stronger, taller, and meaner. He is better than Orton but will probably be a 1 or 2 year and out guy.
I think Orton is gonna suprise alot of people at UK!
I'm going to say Wall, but Orton is a close second because I have been following him closely for about two years now.
UKsportsfan Wrote:Cousins is much bigger than Orton, bigger, stronger, taller, and meaner. He is better than Orton but will probably be a 1 or 2 year and out guy.

Orton's conditioning is much better.
I have to say Wall. watching videos on youtube. AMAZING
I like no my bad love the whole team but if i had to choose John Wall but ready to see what Big Bad Cousins can do are guard play will be great but with PP and Cousins and Dodson down low and running the floor in the words of coach lee corso whoa watch out big guys
Cousins will be a beast inside.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I'm anxiously awaiting what all of our 5 star recruits can do this season. I don't have a favorite yet because we've not played a single game as of yet. I will say that I am really wanting Dodson to pull this underdog to hero type scenario where he really opens some eyes and proves himself.