Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Predictions
For the four districts in the 16th, 31-32-33-34, who does predict for each? No. 1 the winner and No. 2 for the runner-up.
South Laurel to win both 16th region and the 31st district. Corbin to finish 2nd in both. Prestonsurg should win the 34th followed by paintsville. LCC in the 32nd with Jackson city finishing 2nd. Pikevile winning with Shelby Valley being the runner up in the 33rd. It should be interesting to see how all this lines out. I really want to watch the Corbin-OBI game. Prestonsburg and Paintsville should be ok to watch too. The Hazard and Perry County Central game will be a local favorite. Mabie if nothing bad happens they can play more often. I don't know much about Shelby or Belfery, but thier records are really close. It could be a good game. The North and Middlesboro game may be fun to watch because they had a 1-0 game this year and it may be close again.
lol jackson city over pcc. and then letcher over them as well? letcher had a good run of it but something has struck them and unless they get their act together they will go a quick 1 - 2 in post season play. again
South Laurel and Pburg in Region Final
soccerdrew12 Wrote:lol jackson city over pcc. and then letcher over them as well? letcher had a good run of it but something has struck them and unless they get their act together they will go a quick 1 - 2 in post season play. again

The district as a whole is weak. If PCC makes it past Jackson city, I don't think they will beat LCC.
BlackcatFan33 Wrote:South Laurel and Pburg in Region Final

I can about agree with that one. I think Prestonsburg is a good team. But I don't know if they can beat Corbin. It is like apples and oranges. LOL They are two completely different teams. But then again I don't know how the Region tourney will be set up. They may all play in the same bracket, then who knows who may squeek thier way in. But in a perfect world South would be playing either Corbin or Prestonsburg.
Da_truf Wrote:The district as a whole is weak. If PCC makes it past Jackson city, I don't think they will beat LCC.

If PCC makes it past Jackson City?? First of all PCC an Hazard play first an the winner of that will for sure beat Jackson City lol...Then either PCC or Hazard will get their shot at LCC.
South Laurel will prolly win region. Their hands down the best team followed by Pikeville.
Mr. Big Time Wrote:If PCC makes it past Jackson City?? First of all PCC an Hazard play first an the winner of that will for sure beat Jackson City lol...Then either PCC or Hazard will get their shot at LCC.

LOL. I forgot how the district tourney was laid out. I still think LCC will win that district.
Da_truf Wrote:I can about agree with that one. I think Prestonsburg is a good team. But I don't know if they can beat Corbin. It is like apples and oranges. LOL They are two completely different teams. But then again I don't know how the Region tourney will be set up. They may all play in the same bracket, then who knows who may squeek thier way in. But in a perfect world South would be playing either Corbin or Prestonsburg.

PBurg is out after loosing tonight to JCHS in the first round of the Districts.
They fought hard though and did have a physical team. Congrats on a pretty good year PBurg.
Does anyone know how they are setting the region tourney up like this year? wW have another district. Will it be based on record, a draw or is it preset with teams from each district in opposite brackets?
Da_truf Wrote:Does anyone know how they are setting the region tourney up like this year? wW have another district. Will it be based on record, a draw or is it preset with teams from each district in opposite brackets?

I believe that each district winner will play a runner-up and that they will draw just like the regional basketball tournaments where the teams in the same district can only play in the finals.

I expect South Laurel and Corbin to meet in the finals with Perry Central, Pikeville, Letcher Central & Paintsville with an outside shot.
Da_truf Wrote:South Laurel to win both 16th region and the 31st district. Corbin to finish 2nd in both. Prestonsurg should win the 34th followed by paintsville. LCC in the 32nd with Jackson city finishing 2nd. Pikevile winning with Shelby Valley being the runner up in the 33rd. It should be interesting to see how all this lines out. I really want to watch the Corbin-OBI game. Prestonsburg and Paintsville should be ok to watch too. The Hazard and Perry County Central game will be a local favorite. Mabie if nothing bad happens they can play more often. I don't know much about Shelby or Belfery, but thier records are really close. It could be a good game. The North and Middlesboro game may be fun to watch because they had a 1-0 game this year and it may be close again.
to bad pike central beat shelby valley lastnight so now valleys season is over
Perry and Letcher will meet in the finals tomorrow. Good Luck to all teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
soccer fan Wrote:to bad pike central beat shelby valley lastnight so now valleys season is over

LOL, its not the first time I have been wrong in these predictions!
actually i think everyone is underestimating perry this season yeh they started off weak but the way they are playin now they could deff. win the region. and if im not mistaken perry played rlly well with south in that first half. by the way perry is winning the 32nd district tomorrow for the 5th year straight...
Da_truf Wrote:LOL, its not the first time I have been wrong in these predictions!

its fine not everyones always right.
anything can happen
soccer fan Wrote:to bad pike central beat shelby valley lastnight so now valleys season is over

You guys need to be a little more specific when you are talking about these teams please. IE.....girls or boys.

PCC GIRLS beat SV...BUT, SV boys did advance to play Pikeville in the District Championship.
dore1 Wrote:actually i think everyone is underestimating perry this season yeh they started off weak but the way they are playin now they could deff. win the region. and if im not mistaken perry played rlly well with south in that first half. by the way perry is winning the 32nd district tomorrow for the 5th year straight...

Confidence is a good thing, but look at where it got South Laurel! Corbin beat them in Double OT. LCC and PCC is going to be a close game, but I still think LCC will win.
South Laurel is probably the favorite, even still after Corbin defeated them in the District. But I am still not sold on Corbin for this year and do not believe that can repeat. LCC has been solid this year, but lately they have been slipping, The lost to Belfry? LOL barely beat Hazard, and beat Buckhorn 8-0 (woopty doo). They better be ready tonight because PCC has been firing on all cylinders in the District and are hungry. Prestonsburg may have been an upset to a few people on here, but not a shock to me, they were not as good as a lot of people on here made them out to be. JCHS was always better than them.
As for my predictions for the Region Final as of right now, you can't make a true prediction until you see the bracket, but the best two right now SL and either PCC or Pikeville. And I am solely basing that on recent scores of games.
frankie21 Wrote:South Laurel is probably the favorite, even still after Corbin defeated them in the District. But I am still not sold on Corbin for this year and do not believe that can repeat. LCC has been solid this year, but lately they have been slipping, The lost to Belfry? LOL barely beat Hazard, and beat Buckhorn 8-0 (woopty doo). They better be ready tonight because PCC has been firing on all cylinders in the District and are hungry. Prestonsburg may have been an upset to a few people on here, but not a shock to me, they were not as good as a lot of people on here made them out to be. JCHS was always better than them.
As for my predictions for the Region Final as of right now, you can't make a true prediction until you see the bracket, but the best two right now SL and either PCC or Pikeville. And I am solely basing that on recent scores of games.

The way it seems to me (and I'm strictly on the sidelines and haven't been able to see some of the teams in our region play) is things are just pretty much going with who wants it the most - and the ability of the teams to pull together as a whole on the field. It's hard to predict a tourney when some teams who are the "underdogs" come out fighting and the ones who think its written in stone already are just playing so-so... I actually like games like that though cause they are usually the nail-biters... I can't wait to see how the regional match-up turns out... Congrats to all the teams either way!
Is the region being held at Pikeville? When is the drawing? One of the winners will have to play South Laurel right out of the gate, although the first round might be a good time to play them.
Da_truf Wrote:South Laurel to win both 16th region and the 31st district. Corbin to finish 2nd in both. Prestonsurg should win the 34th followed by paintsville. LCC in the 32nd with Jackson city finishing 2nd. Pikevile winning with Shelby Valley being the runner up in the 33rd. It should be interesting to see how all this lines out. I really want to watch the Corbin-OBI game. Prestonsburg and Paintsville should be ok to watch too. The Hazard and Perry County Central game will be a local favorite. Mabie if nothing bad happens they can play more often. I don't know much about Shelby or Belfery, but thier records are really close. It could be a good game. The North and Middlesboro game may be fun to watch because they had a 1-0 game this year and it may be close again.

Well, out of eight I got 6 in and 1 finals winner if I am not mistaken! so good and not so good LOL. South over Corbin in the region finals 4-1. that is my guess now.
catsfan523 Wrote:The way it seems to me (and I'm strictly on the sidelines and haven't been able to see some of the teams in our region play) is things are just pretty much going with who wants it the most - and the ability of the teams to pull together as a whole on the field. It's hard to predict a tourney when some teams who are the "underdogs" come out fighting and the ones who think its written in stone already are just playing so-so... I actually like games like that though cause they are usually the nail-biters... I can't wait to see how the regional match-up turns out... Congrats to all the teams either way!

I completely agree! No matter who has all the talent, the team that wants it more is going to put up the bigger fight. And your right, those games are always classic.
I can't wait to see the result of the Corbin v. Pikeville game. I know it doesn't seem interesting because most would quickly take Corbin, but I think it may be a good game, Pikeville is hot right now and so is Corbin. Should be a good one. I'd imagine that PCC and SL will play in round 2, and that will also be a classic game as well if both teams play consistent. This region tourney is going to be a good one. I'm excited... Smile