Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Girls State Golf Tournament
thoughts/predictions

tournament tees off Friday
you can follow the tournament live at

http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/in...nt_id=1776
Go Greenup County, and good luck at State Tournament.:golf:
all first round play for friday has been postponed. Round 1 will begin on saturday at 7 a.m. With a shotgun start.
One good note is Russell out shooting Greenup County by 17 strokes

Russell + 23:Cheerlead

Greenup + 40

Russell is doing good besides one girl who's +25 took 13 shots to get it in on one hole.
The Russell girl is dead last in the field for individuals and is really hurting Russell shes now 34 over par on the day where as the rest of the girls are all 9 over and one is even.
At least I see they're only counting the lowest 4 scores of the 5 players on the team so the + 34 isn't hurting as bad as I thought.
with the first round complete its

Russell 16th 396

Greenup County 18th 402

Paintsville 20th 415

Pikeville 22nd 456

Making the second round as an individual is Greenup County's Hannah Subblett

The cutoff for teams was Low 11 scores and low 20 individuals
The Russell girl is dead last in the field for individuals and is really hurting Russell shes now 34 over par on the day where as the rest of the girls are all 9 over and one is even........
Golf is a team sport if you didn't know that and by the looks of it you don't! Every girl is not expected to play great everyday and one girl does not hurt the team. The top 4 scores count and every girl gives it their all! If you think you can do better in the conditions they played in go for it! It was soaking wet and they played the ball down. That means they could not touch the ball even when there was a inch of mud coating it! Im proud of our girls golf team no one expected them to go to the tournament and win just to go play have fun and give it their all!!!!
Reddevilgirl Wrote:The Russell girl is dead last in the field for individuals and is really hurting Russell shes now 34 over par on the day where as the rest of the girls are all 9 over and one is even........
Golf is a team sport if you didn't know that and by the looks of it you don't! Every girl is not expected to play great everyday and one girl does not hurt the team. The top 4 scores count and every girl gives it their all! If you think you can do better in the conditions they played in go for it! It was soaking wet and they played the ball down. That means they could not touch the ball even when there was a inch of mud coating it! Im proud of our girls golf team no one expected them to go to the tournament and win just to go play have fun and give it their all!!!!
Like I Didn't know it was a team game:ChairHit: and I figured out that they only counted the 4 lowest scores. You just repeated stuff I figured out on my own. I've watched a lot of golf on tv and even though I don't play I know the main rules. So take your hissy fit elsewhere.

I never said any of the girls weren't playing hard but as a fan I have the right to question the high score.I mean the next score under that 141 was a 110.That's a 30 stroke difference and there is no way that weather caused that high of a score. You also reserve the right to not read what I type if you don't like it.

Anyway I'm also proud of the way the girls finished ahead of the Eastern,Ky Teams including Greenup which beat them all season.
Best player in the state Emma Talley was DQ'd for turning in the wrong score on the last hole. She wrote down a par and got a bogey, which would of made her win by 5 instead of 6 strokes. She called the penalty on herself instead of letting it go and winning the state title. I thought this was very tough for her to do and think she gained a lot of respect from her peers for doing such a thing. She has many bright years to come and is a great kid. She would of been even par for the tourney. Great player!