Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The real problem(s) with UK...
Go Big Blue, that was a great post. I agree with you that the line is one of our biggest issues and not a lot of people realize this. Just because they are not the guys putting points on the board doesnt mean they are out of the conversation. Take a look at Florida for example, i myself could have averaged 5 yards a run from the holes they made. Heck the rb's werent touched until 3 or 4 yards past the line of scrimmage. And while i will agree that Hartline is an issue and i dont like him at qb anymore than the next guy im not gonna set here and say that newton is better than him (at this moment) because i dont know that. I havent saw newton take a snap, we should have because he needs to get reps in blowout games but thats neither here nor there. We wouldnt even be having this conversation if our line was better, hartline would have more time. And for a quarterback that is not as quick mentally as he should be thats what he needs most. The whole offensive game stems from the line, that is the core of the offense. You make it better, the offense gets better. WE NEED BIGGER STRONGER LINEMAN! And for anyone who thinks that our defense is the problem that is absolutely not the case, our defense is good enough to keep us in games. They played great against Alabama save one 99 drive. We continued to pin them close to there own endzone repeatedly due to the defense forcing 3 and outs. Defense is not the problem. And what about the job Ryan Tydlacka did, great punting. Thats my rant
Hartline was benched last year, with randall cobb taking his spot. even though cobb is are best receiver it pointless if u cant get the ball to him. Hartline is a junior right? So will he continue to start next year?
guys i hate Hartline too, HATE HATE HATE him. But i promise you if he is in the game then he is our best option. Ill take the opinion of the guys that are getting paid the big bucks to make those opinion apposed to the guys in the bleachers eating their hot dogs and nachos and talking about how they know what should be done with the program. Coach Brooks and Coach Phillips know what there doing, its their job. They dont come to youre job at the grocery store and try and teach you how to stock shelves. They get PAID a lot of money to do this, they know what they are doing
Brooks not quitting on Hartline
Rich Brooks isn't giving up on quarterback Mike Hartline. Not even close. The Kentucky coach said he's sticking with the junior for the foreseeable future despite a lackluster performance in a 38-20 loss to No. 3 Alabama on Saturday. Hartline completed 17 of 31 passes for 168 yards against the nation's No. 2 ranked defense and threw three interceptions, two of which sailed straight into the arms of an Alabama defender after horrible misreads.