Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida Baptist Institute
I still trying to figure out what happen to us against this team, so I checked there schedule. Turns out they have quality wins against teams like Johnson Central and North Laurel. Can someone tell me what has changed about this team, and what does this do in the hunt for a regional title for them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I still trying to figure out what happen to us against this team, so I checked there schedule. Turns out they have quality wins against teams like Johnson Central and North Laurel. Can someone tell me what has changed about this team, and what does this do in the hunt for a regional title for them?

They just about always get much better as the season progresses. The main reason for this is that they do not have many preseason practices or conditioning before school starts. I think that South Laurel is the heavy favorite to win the region this year, not sure who will be the #3 and #4 seed(between NL & OBI) in the district, but OBI will have to be beat either Corbin or South Laurel to even make the region.
I wouldn't call those wins quality, but anyway. OBI always starts off slow, they aren't a public school persay, so it takes more time to mesh together. They are a fairly quick and agressive team. They may shock some in the tourney, but South Laurel is still the team to beat. Hands down they are head and shoulders above the rest in the region this year. Not that there are not other good teams, there are. But SL this year is one of the best teams they have ever had. It may rank up there with the '98 or '03 teams.