Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 23 Steelers 20
Crazy Horse Wrote:What I am bout to say is the truth...The best team did not win...just being honest...Steelers dominated for 3 quarters the last 2 weeks and when the 4th quarter come the quit playing to win and start playing not to lose and that is coaching...this goes for both loses...you can not say the BEARS or the BENGALS are better for they leads combined will be lucky to last 6 minutes. When a team starts playing not to lose, it's never a good thing...Mike Tomlin better get his head out his tail for they are now and as long as Ben is behind center, a passing team.

Steelers need to throw the ball 75% of the time for they have a top 5 quarterback and they need to start using him like it...the most game winning drives since 2004...when they go 5 wide they go down the feild and score...why don't they do that everytime out...MAKES NO SENSE.

Better teams lose to lesser teams all the time. Just shows you how close everyone is in the NFL. Patriots beat the Giants 9-10 2 years ago, but the Giants win when it counted. Great teams don't blow leads to lesser teams, so I won't buy that Pittsburgh was THAT much better. If they were, they would not have choked down the stretch.
Crazy Horse Wrote:What I am bout to say is the truth...The best team did not win...just being honest...Steelers dominated for 3 quarters the last 2 weeks and when the 4th quarter come the quit playing to win and start playing not to lose and that is coaching...this goes for both loses...you can not say the BEARS or the BENGALS are better for they leads combined will be lucky to last 6 minutes. When a team starts playing not to lose, it's never a good thing...Mike Tomlin better get his head out his tail for they are now and as long as Ben is behind center, a passing team.

Steelers need to throw the ball 75% of the time for they have a top 5 quarterback and they need to start using him like it...the most game winning drives since 2004...when they go 5 wide they go down the feild and score...why don't they do that everytime out...MAKES NO SENSE.

Sometimes you just have to give the other team credit even if it's the Bengals. Halftime adjustments was key in this game. The Steelers dominated the first half, not three quarter. Bengals snatched the momentum right before half with a field goal and it carried over with the halftime adjustments. They came out shut down Pittsburg's run game and ran the ball on them. They outscored Pittsburg 20-7 in the second half. Bengals made the plays to win the game. WHO DEY!!!

Big Ben is NOT a top 5 QB, sorry, I had to get that outta the way. BUT, the Better team DID win Sunday, don't say the Steelers' lost it, cause Im pretty sure the Bengals won...It wasn't "given" to them either, they coulda just layed over after the 1st quarter and said here we go again, but they fought back, and clawed their way back from a 13 point deficit. So, IMO, I think the Bengals' are the real deal this year, and I really think this MAY be the turning point in the franchise...

Oh and. WHO DEY!!!
Replay on right nowhttp://www.atdhe.net/6132/watch-nfl-network

Actually, you're wrong. As I said before, the Bengals were the better team this past Sunday. Want proof? In sixty minutes worth of game time, Cincy scored 23 points, while Pittsburgh scored 20. Any other rationalizations you try to make still don't change the final score.

And since when did it ever matter for how much of the game a team holds the lead? Funny, I always though the goal was to be ahead at the end of the game, not at halftime or at the end of the third quarter.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jshort5 Wrote:Big Ben is NOT a top 5 QB, sorry, I had to get that outta the way. BUT, the Better team DID win Sunday, don't say the Steelers' lost it, cause Im pretty sure the Bengals won...It wasn't "given" to them either, they coulda just layed over after the 1st quarter and said here we go again, but they fought back, and clawed their way back from a 13 point deficit. So, IMO, I think the Bengals' are the real deal this year, and I really think this MAY be the turning point in the franchise...

Oh and. WHO DEY!!!

You are right. He is a top 3 QB. First 5 seasons of a NFL QB, over 50 victories, most comeback victories since 2004, two SB titles. All this behind a Pee Wee offensive line. Yes Steelers did lose on Sun. Because there was time on the clock after the Bengals scored, I still had hope the the Steelers could pull it out.
One game is not a turning point of a franchise. Bengals beat the Steelers in 2001 in a similar fashion, coming from double digits to win a game in the end. The turning point of the Bengal franchise will be when the Brown family sell the team.
Jarons Wrote:You are right. He is a top 3 QB. First 5 seasons of a NFL QB, over 50 victories, most comeback victories since 2004, two SB titles. All this behind a Pee Wee offensive line. Yes Steelers did lose on Sun. Because there was time on the clock after the Bengals scored, I still had hope the the Steelers could pull it out.
One game is not a turning point of a franchise. Bengals beat the Steelers in 2001 in a similar fashion, coming from double digits to win a game in the end. The turning point of the Bengal franchise will be when the Brown family sell the team.
:Thumbs::Thumbs: RIGHT ON!! I have a feeling that this season will turn around this weekend..and I cant friggin wait till we play Cincy again. Ive sulked and sulked till Im tired of *****ing and whining about the defense, and Im sure LeBeau will get his **** together and start hurting quarterbacks. Ben Roethlisberger is an elite quarterback in this league without question. Carson Palmer has a running game. So does Tom Brady. So does Eli Manning. So does everybody else, still we are a friggin Limus "Useless" Sweed dropped TD away and a defensive lapse away from being 3-0. We are never out of a game with Big Ben back there..Bring on the ****ing Chargers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How can you say the Bengals are the better team for they led for a total o 14 seconds. The Bengals won because they had the ball last and dumb *** coaching moves from Mike Tomlin. When this season is finished these 2 teams will be battling for the 5th or 6th seed for neither team is better then the Ravens.
Big Ben is a good Qb but not top 3. My top 5 qb's are:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Eli Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger

As far as all you Steelers fans saying Cincinnati isn't the better team, obviously they were or Pittsburgh would have been able to hold a double digit lead...WHO DEY!
Crazy Horse Wrote:How can you say the Bengals are the better team for they led for a total o 14 seconds. The Bengals won because they had the ball last and dumb *** coaching moves from Mike Tomlin. When this season is finished these 2 teams will be battling for the 5th or 6th seed for neither team is better then the Ravens.

Again, like I said before, the best team is the one ahead at the end of the game, not the one who led at the end of halftime or the third quarter. I'm pretty sure the standings don't take into account who was leading at the end of the third. Tell you what, every time the Bengals and Steelers play, you guys can lead for the first 55 minutes, and we'll have it the last five. I'll take that every time. I would bet that if we do that, everyone else will say Cincy is the "better" team too.

One more correction: check the end of the game again. The Steelers actually had the ball last, but Roethlisberger's hail mary pass fell incomplete.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kywldcat01 Wrote:Big Ben is a good Qb but not top 3. My top 5 qb's are:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Eli Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger

As far as all you Steelers fans saying Cincinnati isn't the better team, obviously they were or Pittsburgh would have been able to hold a double digit lead...WHO DEY!

My top 5 would look more like this.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Eli Manning
5. Carson Palmer

Brees should be higher IMO because he's thrown for over 200 yds in like 10 straight games going back to last season...Tom Brady is on the backside of his career, and Eli was one super bowl throw from being considered a bust...
Crazy Horse Wrote:How can you say the Bengals are the better team for they led for a total o 14 seconds. The Bengals won because they had the ball last and dumb *** coaching moves from Mike Tomlin. When this season is finished these 2 teams will be battling for the 5th or 6th seed for neither team is better then the Ravens.

Thats why they play the game :dontthink. Carson has a winning record against the Ravens, and Pittsburg beat the Ravens 3 times last year. If Kanas City can score on the Ravens both Pittsburg and Cincinnati can. It's early in the season still a lot of football to be played.................... As much as I hate Big Jen he is top 3. The two superbowls speak for itself. That drive in the superbowl was nothing short of amazing and thats coming from a die hard Bengals fan.
The way you Bengals fans act after beating the Steelers once, I would hate to see how you would act if you beat them like 10 times in a row. The Bengals will have a few high points, but will NEVER be an elite NFL team. And by the way, I did hear Bengals fans curse little kids, at the playoff game a few years back. Yeah the Bengals won one, big deal. Go win on a consistent basis and then brag. Oh yeah, that who dey is about as goofy slogan as I've ever heard. Wait until the end of the year, the Bengals will finish no higher than third in the division.
Shady Grady Wrote:The way you Bengals fans act after beating the Steelers once, I would hate to see how you would act if you beat them like 10 times in a row. The Bengals will have a few high points, but will NEVER be an elite NFL team. And by the way, I did hear Bengals fans curse little kids, at the playoff game a few years back. Yeah the Bengals won one, big deal. Go win on a consistent basis and then brag. Oh yeah, that who dey is about as goofy slogan as I've ever heard. Wait until the end of the year, the Bengals will finish no higher than third in the division.

Of course you say "big deal" since your team lost. I bet if the Steelers had won, you would have been on here crowing about the win and putting down the Bengals.

I've not seen Bengals fans on here acting inappropriately, just happy that their team won. I have seen some pretty lame statements from some (not all) Steeler fans, like "the Bengals only led for 14 seconds", and "yeah the Bengals won, big deal".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Of course you say "big deal" since your team lost. I bet if the Steelers had won, you would have been on here crowing about the win and putting down the Bengals.

I've not seen Bengals fans on here acting inappropriately, just happy that their team won. I have seen some pretty lame statements from some (not all) Steeler fans, like "the Bengals only led for 14 seconds", and "yeah the Bengals won, big deal".

Re-read all the posts. You would think the Bengals won the Super Bowl. To their credit, they didn't quit, but all this who dey stuff? Had the Steelers won would I have been on here bragging? No, because I have come to expect to win. I don't have to brag. But I will say this, I have been to a lot of places and I have never been treated so rudely as I have been in Paul Brown Stadium. When Palmer got hurt a few years back I was cursed at, called a low life MF and actually thought I was going to get mobbed. I didn't hit the guy, I was just enjoying the game with my teenage daughter. She was a 13 year old kid who got scared at the way those people acted. In the game last Sunday, the Bengals never quit, but the Steelers played not to lose after being up 20-9. Beat us, like 8 times in a row and we will deserve to hear the smack!
Shady Grady Wrote:Re-read all the posts. You would think the Bengals won the Super Bowl. To their credit, they didn't quit, but all this who dey stuff? Had the Steelers won would I have been on here bragging? No, because I have come to expect to win. I don't have to brag. But I will say this, I have been to a lot of places and I have never been treated so rudely as I have been in Paul Brown Stadium. When Palmer got hurt a few years back I was cursed at, called a low life MF and actually thought I was going to get mobbed. I didn't hit the guy, I was just enjoying the game with my teenage daughter. She was a 13 year old kid who got scared at the way those people acted. In the game last Sunday, the Bengals never quit, but the Steelers played not to lose after being up 20-9. Beat us, like 8 times in a row and we will deserve to hear the smack!

I did re-read all the posts. Maybe you need to do the same. I didn't see anyone on here acting like the Bengals won the Super Bowl. What I did see was plenty of Bengals fans being elated that their team just beat a hated rival and a division team for the first time in a few games. You should take it as a compliment that they are this happy after a regular-season game.

As for your statement that we can talk smack after beating you all 8 times in a row, what are you talking about? Steeler fans were talking plenty of smack back in 2006 after that tainted playoff win, even though the Bengals had already beaten them earlier that season. So your argument doesn't hold water.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I did re-read all the posts. Maybe you need to do the same. I didn't see anyone on here acting like the Bengals won the Super Bowl. What I did see was plenty of Bengals fans being elated that their team just beat a hated rival and a division team for the first time in a few games. You should take it as a compliment that they are this happy after a regular-season game.

As for your statement that we can talk smack after beating you all 8 times in a row, what are you talking about? Steeler fans were talking plenty of smack back in 2006 after that tainted playoff win, even though the Bengals had already beaten them earlier that season. So your argument doesn't hold water.
Say it aint so Cowbell, say it aint so Sad I wouldve expected this from BFritz but not you! Tainted?? So are we going to put an * beside of this Bengals win because Troy was out? Troy is a 10 point difference maker on defense..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maybe you guys should write the NFL and ask them to only play 3 quarters next time? Much like a poker player complaining about the river card, Its retarded. I cant believe all the we were the better team, you only led 14 seconds type post. That would be like Nascar (which I hate) changing there rules to not who wins the race but who led the most laps during the race.
Who Dey??
csabo17 Wrote:Maybe you guys should write the NFL and ask them to only play 3 quarters next time? Much like a poker player complaining about the river card, Its retarded. I cant believe all the we were the better team, you only led 14 seconds type post. That would be like Nascar (which I hate) changing there rules to not who wins the race but who led the most laps during the race.
Who Dey??

Buddy all I was apllying with the 14 seconds was that the best team does not win every time they come out...like when the Jets beat the Pats...they got out played and out coached...My comments have been saying that if it wasn't for dumn coaching mistakes that the Steelers would have won and they would have...they start to play not to lose then play to win...I give the Bengals credit because there coach is doing real well with them but the Steelers are the more athletic team and are the better team...by the way...leading his team to 2 super bowls, more game winning drives then any quarterback since he has come to the NFL, and the most wins for the amount of seasons and game he has played...he is no question top 3 quarterback...defiently better the Carson Palmer
kywldcat01 Wrote:I was fortunate enough to be in attendance for today's game and for all you Steeler fans, all I can say is the following........

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Steeler fans around me were so cocky today but the expression on their face was priceless when Cincy scored with 14 seconds left and everyone started chanting Who Dey! It's always nice to bring a winner home, but especially when the win comes against a team with some of the most obnoxious fans in the NFL.

Scary thing is, Palmer didn't even play well today and they still were able to pull it out. Cincy is only going to get better as the season wears on and both Palmer and his receivers get their timing down.

BTW, what the **** was Pittsburgh thinking on that last kickoff return. Why would you run that much time off the clock rather than trying to take a few shots down field? Horrible call by the special teams coordinator.

It still isn't you who is "We Dey", your still owned by us, and till you bring it alot more you don't have the right to say "We Dey". Same goes for the ravens, Polamalu is back practicing and the Tazmanian Devil will be back.
I get so sick of your tainted play-off win, your boy Carson was tackled. Man up buddy, football injuries happen at the worst time, it wasn't Kimo's fault, it was non-intended.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Buddy all I was apllying with the 14 seconds was that the best team does not win every time they come out...like when the Jets beat the Pats...they got out played and out coached...My comments have been saying that if it wasn't for dumn coaching mistakes that the Steelers would have won and they would have...they start to play not to lose then play to win...I give the Bengals credit because there coach is doing real well with them but the Steelers are the more athletic team and are the better team...by the way...leading his team to 2 super bowls, more game winning drives then any quarterback since he has come to the NFL, and the most wins for the amount of seasons and game he has played...he is no question top 3 quarterback...defiently better the Carson Palmer

At this point and time I must unfortunately agree with the second part of your last statement. While I firmly believe that the Carson Palmer of the 2005 & 2006 seasons was better than Roethlisberger has ever been (2 straight trips to the Pro Bowl, remember), he is not the same QB now. After he suffered an elbow injury last year and missed the last twelve games, he just hasn't been himself. His throws are a little off, and he has looked tentative at times. So yes, right now Big Ben is the better quarterback.

But he isn't in the top 3. Peyton, Brady, and Brees take the top 3 spots.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mrsportsfan Wrote:It still isn't you who is "We Dey", your still owned by us, and till you bring it alot more you don't have the right to say "We Dey". Same goes for the ravens, Polamalu is back practicing and the Tazmanian Devil will be back.

If the Bengals are still "owned" by you guys, then wouldn't you all be the team at 3-1 right now?

Previous seasons have no bearing on this one. If you're unsure of how this one is going so far, go back and refresh your memory by checking the NFL scores from September 27, 2009, or simply re-reading the title of this thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:At this point and time I must unfortunately agree with the second part of your last statement. While I firmly believe that the Carson Palmer of the 2005 & 2006 seasons was better than Roethlisberger has ever been (2 straight trips to the Pro Bowl, remember), he is not the same QB now. After he suffered an elbow injury last year and missed the last twelve games, he just hasn't been himself. His throws are a little off, and he has looked tentative at times. So yes, right now Big Ben is the better quarterback.

Mr. Cowbell, are you forgetting that Big Ben has 53 career victories, two super bowl titles, most come from behind victories, 8-2 playoff record, robbed of a super bowl mvp all since 2004. He should have been in the pro bowl in 2005 was not selected due to missing four games due to injury(Steelers went 10-2 with him in the line up that year). If that does not make you a top three QB, what does?
More Cowbell Wrote:At this point and time I must unfortunately agree with the second part of your last statement. While I firmly believe that the Carson Palmer of the 2005 & 2006 seasons was better than Roethlisberger has ever been (2 straight trips to the Pro Bowl, remember), he is not the same QB now. After he suffered an elbow injury last year and missed the last twelve games, he just hasn't been himself. His throws are a little off, and he has looked tentative at times. So yes, right now Big Ben is the better quarterback.

Ben went to the Pro Bowl the 2007 season, the only reason he didn't get into the 2008 Pro Bowl was because Brett Fart was in the AFC, put him with Manning, Brady, and Favre, and he won't get into the Pro Bowl for 3 slots. That's why he didn't go back to back years. You go ahead and enjoy your measley win, people should get to experience things once or twice every few years.
More Cowbell Wrote:If the Bengals are still "owned" by you guys, then wouldn't you all be the team at 3-1 right now?

Previous seasons have no bearing on this one. If you're unsure of how this one is going so far, go back and refresh your memory by checking the NFL scores from September 27, 2009, or simply re-reading the title of this thread.

Well you certainly don't own us, we might let you see our six rings!!! I don't care about one game, you guys have been laughed at for years and until you beat us more than a few times, it was a fluke. Nuff said!!!:eyeroll:
Jarons Wrote:Mr. Cowbell, are you forgetting that Big Ben has 53 career victories, two super bowl titles, most come from behind victories, 8-2 playoff record, robbed of a super bowl mvp all since 2004. He should have been in the pro bowl in 2005 was not selected due to missing four games due to injury(Steelers went 10-2 with him in the line up that year). If that does not make you a top three QB, what does?

Actually, you are a bit off. Big Ben does not have 53 career victories, although the Steelers may have won 53 games in which he was the starting QB. And he doesn't have two Super Bowl titles and an 8-2 playoff record, again those are stats belonging to the team he plays for. Big difference.

While the Steelers were the best team in the league last year, playing QB for the best team doesn't automatically make you the best QB. In the end, what makes you a top 3 QB is how good a QB are you? Not how good the team you play for is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mrsportsfan Wrote:Well you certainly don't own us, we might let you see our six rings!!! I don't care about one game, you guys have been laughed at for years and until you beat us more than a few times, it was a fluke. Nuff said!!!:eyeroll:

You don't care about one game? Of course you say that after a loss, but I bet you would be crowing plenty had you guys won. Fact is, your Steelers lost to the Bengals, and it is killing you right now.

If you don't care about one game, then why are you on here so much trying to make excuses for losing it? Your actions speak louder than your words... :dontthink

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ill admit, this was two weeks ago, and its STILL killing me, lol..its more than just one loss. Its a loss to the BENGALS. I hate the Bengals. Every loss sucks, and they all hurt, but losing to the Bengals, the Ravens, the Titans, the Patriots and the Dallas friggin Cowboys all make for a miserable existance until we can get payback. Enjoy your win Bengal fans, youll have to make the trip to Heinz Field very soon. Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]