Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the 15th in 2010?
baseball23 Wrote:I agree..Anything new about Shepard?

The only thing new you should hear about Shepherd is what position he's going to be playing this year because it won't be on the mound. If anyone dares even think about putting him on the mound should be put in hand cuffs. He is the best athlete in the region and I am sure he will find away to contribute this year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The only thing new you should hear about Shepherd is what position he's going to be playing this year because it won't be on the mound. If anyone dares even think about putting him on the mound should be put in hand cuffs. He is the best athlete in the region and I am sure he will find away to contribute this year.
No. Maybe the most dominant in one sport, yes, I absolutely agree. But overall the best athlete, in my opinion not even close.
Hope all is still going well for him in recovery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who hit above 300 and /or had an on base of 500 or more in the 15th? Too many to list or should the stats be higher???
Boys you cant leave out the monster in center field at SC Cody Slone
Josh Blackburn returns for pburg as catcher.
What about Josh Blackburn for pburg hes one of the best catcher's in this region.
fruitloop Wrote:Austin Lyons, Seth Rice,Dyllon Brown,Colby Burchett from Paintsville to be towards the top to watch in the 15th. They all are very solid players.
JC also has a lot of talent. They have some young pitching that might surprise a lot of people. Ross S. and Tyler conn will be huge for them.

Lyons will have an excellent year on the mound. Rice will step up and have a good tour as well. Three of your top four hitters will come from the freshman and sophomore classes. Look for the Tigers to finish strong.
You think Shelby valley will do like every other year? I think they will be decent this year. Cody varney should do good as a pitcher this year.
I have never seen Josh Blackburn play. How does he hit?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Who hit above 300 and /or had an on base of 500 or more in the 15th? Too many to list or should the stats be higher???

Its hard to look at the stats from teams who generally play in Eastern Kentucky every single game. Its not a knock on those teams its just the area they are in, they can't help it, but playing those less than mediocre teams every game is not going to give you an accurate depiction of how good or talented a player is. Which is better going 5-5 with a homerun in a game against the worst team in the 15th region, or going 2-4 with a double against a top 5 team in the state?
if you guys are talking about LC playin mediocre teams round here. Last year they went to PRP and played against PRP, South Laurel, and Henry Clay. They also played Harrison County, and Owensboro. If you want more they had to play Johsnon Central 3 times and Greenup County twice.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:if you guys are talking about LC playin mediocre teams round here. Last year they went to PRP and played against PRP, South Laurel, and Henry Clay. They also played Harrison County, and Owensboro. If you want more they had to play Johsnon Central 3 times and Greenup County twice.
I dont think you mentioned a State Tourney.:Thumbs: One might want to review the Paintsville schedule which reflects District play,Osceola Fla. inv.,Louisville inv.,Highlands,Somerset,Boyd co.,and if they make iit to the all A for the 4th year there has always been tough competition .
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I dont think you mentioned a State Tourney.:Thumbs: One might want to review the Paintsville schedule which reflects District play,Osceola Fla. inv.,Louisville inv.,Highlands,Somerset,Boyd co.,and if they make iit to the all A for the 4th year there has always been tough competition .

P.S. Estill co.,Johnson Central ,Hazard and Lawrence co. all have pretty fair ball clubs.
They also play Tates Creek, featuring UK signee Trevor Gott. Also they will face Bullit East, who has Louisville signee Brandon Alphin.
Is the Boggs kid going to play baseball this year for Pike Central. If he does he will be in the top pitchers in the 15th . I watch him throw against Lawrence last year as a freshmen and won. He has a strong arm. He played for Perry Central.
East Ridge 1B Payton Elswick will be a very solid player this year. Holds a state record with homeruns in consecutive games!
whos sam burton?
i dont know about tate banks, but miller, pack, and more should have great seasons.
also mills the shortstop is an excellent defensive player and doesnt have a bad stick either
dj is overrated, sure he has alot of power but he can not hit a curveball.
I witnessed him go 0/4 last season in a jv game where he on played DH.
Also in summer ball I saw the same thing. He is an average hitter at best, and that is only because of his power
Pikeville's Randy Maynard is a fine athlete that should step up this season.
I CANT believe that NO1 was even mentioned from Prestonsburg!!
They did lose a couple of players due to Graduation but, This team DID make it to the Regional Semis & Still have a GOOD core of players on this team, Including some Really good Seniors.
I appologise 4 not noticing that Josh Blackburn from P-Burg WAS mentioned but, I believe that Cameron Tincher & Tyler Hall should NOT be overlooked @ All!!
Shane Pack from LC.
or Ethan Parsons from LC
Just to name a few from AC Logan crowder,hunter crowder,chad nelson,chris stumbo,justin jackson,thats just a few
The bailey kid from Magoffin is jarrod and he is a good player he is very experienced and brings alot to that team.