Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
17.14%
Bell County
82.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Bell County 10/2
William Muney Wrote:The Williamsburg game was a bad match-up for KC. Speed and quickness really hurt KC.
You don't think Bell has speed and quickness?? :thatsfunn I guarantee you Bell County is faster and quicker than Williamsburg.
I honestly pick Knox Central to upset Bell County basically because Knox Central knows how much last season meant to them, it was historical for that school to get that far in the playoffs. I'm not sure about that statement, but correct me please if I'm wrong on that. But KC will fiercely come into this game ready to play. I'm looking forward that this game is going to be a high-scoring contest between 2 aspects, 1.Whoever wants it more to seed good in November and 2.Who can score more on the board.

Knox Central 32
Bell County 27
Intimidator Wrote:You don't think Bell has speed and quickness?? :thatsfunn I guarantee you Bell County is faster and quicker than Williamsburg.

Probally should have said style of play. Bell has tremendous speed but they stay in the I formation most of the time and don't spread that speed all over the field, that will play into KC's advantage. Williamsburg spread out KC and made them hurt.
William Muney Wrote:Maybe sometimes??? I still think Bell will win and have said so a fewtimes. I have seen KC practice most of the year and seen nearly all their games. I have got to see Bell twice and I think Bell is just too talented overall for KC to win. But with that said KC OL/DL will give Bell all they want and then some. Merida will have a good night but not enough.

I am as big as a KC as you will find but I am also Realistic. They can't beat Bell this year!

I'm all for supporting your team but to say we can't tackle Merida? We'll have to see about the line match up. IMO Bell has the far superior line on both sides. I hope it's a good game but I don't look for it. I pull for KC if Bell isn't playing them. Wayne's a good coach and even a better person.
rocket01 Wrote:I honestly pick Knox Central to upset Bell County basically because Knox Central knows how much last season meant to them, it was historical for that school to get that far in the playoffs. I'm not sure about that statement, but correct me please if I'm wrong on that. But KC will fiercely come into this game ready to play. I'm looking forward that this game is going to be a high-scoring contest between 2 aspects, 1.Whoever wants it more to seed good in November and 2.Who can score more on the board.

Knox Central 32
Bell County 27

Do you mind if I keep this quote until after friday night?
rocket01 Wrote:I honestly pick Knox Central to upset Bell County basically because Knox Central knows how much last season meant to them, it was historical for that school to get that far in the playoffs. I'm not sure about that statement, but correct me please if I'm wrong on that. But KC will fiercely come into this game ready to play. I'm looking forward that this game is going to be a high-scoring contest between 2 aspects, 1.Whoever wants it more to seed good in November and 2.Who can score more on the board.

Knox Central 32
Bell County 27

KC will not score 32 points I can tell you that. They have only done that twice this year and those were against W'burg and McCreary. Besides that they have not scored that many on Bell in 3 or 4 years combined.

KC only chance is to keep Bell out of the endzone and hold them to less than 14 pts.
Easym are you saying that knox coaches did a poor job coaching against Williamsburg and North. If knox plays Bell tail off, there is something wrong, because knox should be undefeated if this game is close.
easyM Wrote:Do you mind if I keep this quote until after friday night?
No I dont mind at all
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:So KC will score 35 points on Bell???

Also hate to rain on your parade but Bell used to never beat M'boro and Corbin in anything except VARSITY when it really counted. Nearly every class of kids every year for Bell would lose in JV, Freshman, Middle school and little league but still win by large margin's on Friday nights when those kids got in High school.
Actually, the Bell Middle team that was so good a few years ago (undefeated forever) is the core of their team now. And make no mistake, they are an excellent bunch of players. But the current Middle and lower teams at Bell are simply average and KC is beating them handily in every contest. This trend will continue into high school so long as KC can keep their players and not lose them to grades, girls, and 4wheelers.
redstorm Wrote:Easym are you saying that knox coaches did a poor job coaching against Williamsburg and North. If knox plays Bell tail off, there is something wrong, because knox should be undefeated if this game is close.

I never mentioned Williamsburg or North. I don't think the coaches are the problem for Knox. Their problem is Bell's talent. It's just too much to overcome. And I agree, if they play Bell's tail off, something is wrong. And you want here me say that Bell just played bad. There's reasons besides that why it would be a close game.
rocket01 Wrote:No I dont mind at all

Thanks for standing by your prediction. Just stand behind it after friday night too. I think you will.
easyM Wrote:Thanks for standing by your prediction. Just stand behind it after friday night too. I think you will.
KC has improved bigtime since my junior season which was back in 2005 when they went 5-5, I suddenly said after playing them on senior night on 10/27/06; "They gave us (Rockcastle) alot of momentum and they played tough through all 48 minutes", some of the players kinda thought we was going to whip the snot out of them and well it was a 22-7 victory, but KC's running game was awesome with Brandon Toliver in the backfield. After my senior season ended, me, a few senior teammates and a few coaches were saying that this team will be a caliber team to beat in November in a few years and no doubt that 2 years after that, KC made it to the Class AAAA QuarterFinals.
William Muney Wrote:The Bell Co. players and fans will be suprise at how big and strong the OL and DL is for KC. The Williamsburg game was a bad match-up for KC. Speed and quickness really hurt KC. Bell will be a good match-up for KC. They will hang tough in this one. Mills knows how to outcoach Bell.

IMO Merida has too good of moves for Bell to tackle him. Watch and see how many missed tackles Bell has Friday night!!!!
Man i can't wait til friday would love to sit down beside and watch the game.....cause i promise you bells lines will not be pushed around especially by a weak and slow KC line...i played last year and even then we was not pushed around by anybody's line..ur crazy
while i think bell will win this one,"homefield will help",i dont see this team as an unstoppable force. with a loss to alcoa and a 'lucky marion co doesnt throw well" win .bell will enter the playoffs as number 1 in district,but i predict a loss in the semi's this year,maybe region.good luck to both teams,hope the game is similar to last years regional,one of the best ive seen in a while.
Glad to know big blu 2 u. Marion Co is ranked in 4A in State. I dont have to go into the whole Alcoa game again! A team that has won 5 straight State Titles and going for its 6th this year. A record of 70-4 in 5 seasons and currently have 2 players that play for UK(starters) and a WR at Tennessee (starter). Alcoa is not no regular team. Thanks for the prediction tho. This years Alcoa team has defeated the defending 3A State Runners-up Maryville TN, the defending 4A State Champs Bell Co, defending 4A State Champs Fulton High School in Tennessee. Pretty good teams they have beaten by 20+ in each game.
redstorm Wrote:Easym are you saying that knox coaches did a poor job coaching against Williamsburg and North. If knox plays Bell tail off, there is something wrong, because knox should be undefeated if this game is close.

I think they have. The entire o-line returning some great skill players return. I think they are underachieving. I think they have a wonderful amount of talent and size and I believe they are 2-3. With what could have and should have been a lose to W'burg and losing to North. They have the core for another great team. So who do you blame...the buck stops with the coaches.
Football1 Wrote:Actually, the Bell Middle team that was so good a few years ago (undefeated forever) is the core of their team now. And make no mistake, they are an excellent bunch of players. But the current Middle and lower teams at Bell are simply average and KC is beating them handily in every contest. This trend will continue into high school so long as KC can keep their players and not lose them to grades, girls, and 4wheelers.

ACTUALLY I was talking about years before in the 90's. (When Corbin and M'boro would actually play us and KC was EVERYBODIES homecoming game.) Don't try to correct me when it comes to Bell Co. history please. :dontthink
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Glad to know big blu 2 u. Marion Co is ranked in 4A in State. I dont have to go into the whole Alcoa game again! A team that has won 5 straight State Titles and going for its 6th this year. A record of 70-4 in 5 seasons and currently have 2 players that play for UK(starters) and a WR at Tennessee (starter). Alcoa is not no regular team. Thanks for the prediction tho. This years Alcoa team has defeated the defending 3A State Runners-up Maryville TN, the defending 4A State Champs Bell Co, defending 4A State Champs Fulton High School in Tennessee. Pretty good teams they have beaten by 20+ in each game.

Hoping for a Bell Co victory Friday night. Good luck to all from Alcoa
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:ACTUALLY I was talking about years before in the 90's. (When Corbin and M'boro would actually play us and KC was EVERYBODIES homecoming game.) Don't try to correct me when it comes to Bell Co. history please. :dontthink

My apologies fine sir... I was simply pointing out the facts of recent history, not that of that 1990's. Bell's great run is due to the only 2 things that ever make great football teams - great players who get great coaching. The fact that they are now losing to KC regulary and by huge margins at every younger level suggests KC may be making ground on them on the player side of that equation. And since our coaches were trained by theirs, well; one might assume we are at least equal in that regard. One thing is certian, I will be sitting in the stands for every game over the next 10 years enjoying what I predict to be runaway victories by a group of kids who have learned that the beating Bell is not magic - its just something they do every time they line up against them.
In 10 years we will sit down and compare notes on W's and L's.
Bobcat Dad please do not be cocky. Bell for twenty years they have been great but prior to that they were a homecoming game waiting to happen. Knox has made strides in five years and I dont believe bell was in the reg. finals within dudleys first five years. You are right time will tell but Knox has made great strides and if the next five years improve as the first five under Coach Mills then yes we will have a true rivarly and Knox should win a few.
Football1 Wrote:My apologies fine sir... I was simply pointing out the facts of recent history, not that of that 1990's. Bell's great run is due to the only 2 things that ever make great football teams - great players who get great coaching. The fact that they are now losing to KC regulary and by huge margins at every younger level suggests KC may be making ground on them on the player side of that equation. And since our coaches were trained by theirs, well; one might assume we are at least equal in that regard. One thing is certian, I will be sitting in the stands for every game over the next 10 years enjoying what I predict to be runaway victories by a group of kids who have learned that the beating Bell is not magic - its just something they do every time they line up against them.

I really don't remember the 5th 6th 7th, and 8th grade Bell teams losing to KC regulary. In fact I have been around since 05 and KC has not beat Bells 8th grade at all until this year.
Your Next Knox central Time to check into the Bobcat Hilton!
Bell County : 42
Knox Central: 6
Football Fool Wrote:Bobcat Dad please do not be cocky. Bell for twenty years they have been great but prior to that they were a homecoming game waiting to happen. Knox has made strides in five years and I dont believe bell was in the reg. finals within dudleys first five years. You are right time will tell but Knox has made great strides and if the next five years improve as the first five under Coach Mills then yes we will have a true rivarly and Knox should win a few.

Not Cocky just honest. In Hilton's 1st 5 years he would have had to beat Cov. Cath, Highlands and the like to get in the Semi's. Which he did in 90 his 7th year, losing to eventual champ Ashland. KC had to beat Boyd Co. That is the reason our district has been dominating the other district, 1 because we have the best 4A district in the state and 2, because our opposite district maybe the worst.

I agree Knox has made tremendous strides since's Wayne's arrival. He will be the first to tell you he has had tremendous talent and support to get where he is. Although it seems I am starting to worry about his support now.
Who the heck cares about grade school and middle school! High School is where it counts and Bell Co DOMINTAES the Mountains in that category. Been since 2006 since Bell Co has been beaten by a Mountain team. To some others on here Bell lives in the present, the past means nothing but 2 State Championships for Bell Co since 1991 and mutiple State Semis having to play Highlands everytime. Wasnt from Highlands Bell Co would had won multiple State Championships.

Knox Central 32
Bell County 27

:please::lmao:
So, lets see who cares about Jr Football: Parents with sons that play in these leagues; coaches who end up with these players on their teams; newspapers who report on the results... and many others. Your point about High School being all that matters shows a limited view point. Every level matters as the success at lower levels directly contributes to success at higher levels.

Case in point: KC's dramatic rise over the last few years has as much to do with a few dedicated dads starting a Jr football program that is now feeding experienced and knowledgeable players to a very good coaching staff. They are not having to teach fundamentals; instead - they are honing skills and teaching schemes.
A_Ray #5 :];842763 Wrote:Bell County : 42
Knox Central: 6
Here is better math:

KC 28
Bell 20
kmba32 Wrote:I really don't remember the 5th 6th 7th, and 8th grade Bell teams losing to KC regulary. In fact I have been around since 05 and KC has not beat Bells 8th grade at all until this year.
KC continues to gain ground on their neighbor.