Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Football Rivialries
who all is rivialrys in class 1a footballTongueirateSho
South Floyd & Allen Central
Raceland and Fairview
Raceland and Lexington Christian Academy are good current rivalries.
During the 80's and 90's Raceland and Paintsville had a good rivalry.
Raceland and fairview...fairview has to win that one more than once every 10 years before i'll call that one a rivalry
Hazard vs Pikeville...
The way they got it set up now, they only play each other in the playoffs.
thanks you all
pagan Wrote:Raceland and fairview...fairview has to win that one more than once every 10 years before i'll call that one a rivalry

Fairview has actually won 4 times out of the past 10 years.
99 Raceland
00 Fairview
01 Raceland
02 Fairview
03 Fairview
04 Fairview
05 Raceland
06 Raceland
07 Raceland
08 Raceland
Back in the day, Jenkins and Fleming-Neon had a pretty good rivalry, as they were a total of 10 miles seperating them if that.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Fairview has actually won 4 times out of the past 10 years.
99 Raceland
00 Fairview
01 Raceland
02 Fairview
03 Fairview
04 Fairview
05 Raceland
06 Raceland
07 Raceland
08 Raceland

If I recall correctly, 2000 was Fairview's first victory over Raceland since around 1981 or 1982.
its still one sided in favor of the Rams....you can't lose 5 or 6 in row and call it a rivalry
i will say this though...chad tackett had some solid teams in westwood there for a lil bit...that ain't easy
You guys kill me on here, who cares. If the kids think it's a rival game, let them have fun.
because thats football, there's a team that will hate each other, and thats why its called a rivialry, ITS FOOTBALL
I agree with you my point of saying the statement was that is the kids believe it as a rival game wins and losses can be lopsided. Some programs are better than others but it still doesn't take away the rival aspect.
flavorflav Wrote:i will say this though...chad tackett had some solid teams in westwood there for a lil bit...that ain't easy

It's easy when you go to Huntington and pick up a NFL caliber runningback and bring him to your school. If it was't for that Raceland would've never lost in 02 or 03.
Jarons Wrote:If I recall correctly, 2000 was Fairview's first victory over Raceland since around 1981 or 1982.

Yes it was Raceland lost 14-6 at Fairview.
Phelps vs betsy layne
Ram Fan04 Wrote:It's easy when you go to Huntington and pick up a NFL caliber runningback and bring him to your school. If it was't for that Raceland would've never lost in 02 or 03.

I sense sour grapes, Rams have had a few new ones over the years as well so don't play innocent. Looks like Fairview was exactly what that kid needed to save his life from other troubles. Isn't that was high school sports are supposed to be about helping kids. Shame on you for that statement.
russellpride Wrote:I sense sour grapes, Rams have had a few new ones over the years as well so don't play innocent. Looks like Fairview was exactly what that kid needed to save his life from other troubles. Isn't that was high school sports are supposed to be about helping kids. Shame on you for that statement.

Had a few over the years? You really dont know anything about what happened then if you say that. IF your statement was true then yes that might be the case. But once football season was over they pretty much threw him to the wolves. He had to attend a Junior College because of what they did to him with his credits and all. He should've had more recruiting done for him as well. In all honesty he should've attended Ironton. Or even Russell, could you imagine what he would've done with that offensive line Russell had in 02.

But im dont with this arguement. Have fun.
ok
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Had a few over the years? You really dont know anything about what happened then if you say that. IF your statement was true then yes that might be the case. But once football season was over they pretty much threw him to the wolves. He had to attend a Junior College because of what they did to him with his credits and all. He should've had more recruiting done for him as well. In all honesty he should've attended Ironton. Or even Russell, could you imagine what he would've done with that offensive line Russell had in 02.

But im dont with this arguement. Have fun.

I understand you said you are done with the argument, so this isn't intended to continue your participation, just to add what I know FIRST HAND to be true.

Rich Brooks and an assistant coach were in Fairview High School during Chris' Senior year. There was a Purdue scout at a Fairview practice taping him. Also, I know for a fact that while Coach Tackett was at Fairview, he would rival anyone in there area in getting exposure for his players to anyone that would listen. He would send tapes out to anyone that came calling. I can't speak for what he did for Chris, but I can assure you that Coach Tackett went out of his way to promote his players. As far as Chris' academic situation, I see it far more likely that he didn't have a sufficient ACT score, rather than the administration doing anything to deter his future. He graduated with his class and walked at graduation, so apparently he had sufficient credits, at least by the academic standards set forth in Kentucky.
I would also like to mention that I am not certain why Chris chose the Junior College route, whether it was the ACT score or not. So please don't take my statement as gospel as I am not certain of the circumstances. Regardless, Chris is working towards suiting up on Sundays and you have to admire what it has taken to get there.
russellpride Wrote:You guys kill me on here, who cares. If the kids think it's a rival game, let them have fun.

What? Why do we 'kill' you on here....the question wasn't what kids think is a rivalry game...it was about what in OUR opinion is a Single A rivalries.....i hope they do have fun though i agree with ya there....the rest of your post doesnt make any sense to me though:eyeroll:
russellpride Wrote:I agree with you my point of saying the statement was that is the kids believe it as a rival game wins and losses can be lopsided. Some programs are better than others but it still doesn't take away the rival aspect.

IT does if one team wins 90% of the time...you can't build a game up as a huge rivalry if the odds are stacked against one team consitently...Boyd County and Ashland isnt a rivalry to me b/c the Tomcats win almost every year and handily most of the time....every now and then BC will keep it close and less than that they will win.........the kids will be pumped up hopefully regardless of who they play....Fairview won a few against Raceland there in the early 2000s with those Tackett teams, but until they start winning more frequently its hard for me to consider it a rivalry.....but i actually do think Fairview will that game this year.....they just have to not let 5 years pass until their next one and then we can start calling it a rivalry:redboxer:
The biggest reason Raceland and Fairview is considered a rival is because of geography and attitudes. Yes Raceland has dominated through the years, winning approximately18 in a row and the last several games. When I was at Raceland, we did not like Fairview at all, mostly because we kept hearing we will beat you next year all year and they never kept their mouth shut on the field either despite getting blown out by us every year.
Best and oldest in Kentucky High School football history and for close to 50 consecutive years had 2 regular season games followed by a post season game: Dayton versus Bellevue!
cj2561 Wrote:Hazard vs Pikeville...

Are you thinking about Perry? but idk P-ville might b rivals with Hazard
i know PCC cant play hazard any more during the Reg. Season.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Are you thinking about Perry? but idk P-ville might b rivals with Hazard
i know PCC cant play hazard any more during the Reg. Season.

Back when i play the game again Pikeville was for first place in the dis-play. The game again PCC we didn't care about as much was we did pikeville. The PCC game was just another game. The game again Pikeville was for home field in the playoffs.

Year in and year out, 1, 2 and 3 was Pikeville, Paintsville and Hazard. The other teams was fighting for 4th places. But ever now and then one of the other teams will beat them.
cj2561 Wrote:Hazard vs Pikeville...

I agree!! :Thumbs: