Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going on with the Breathitt Basketball 9th grade???
What is going on with the Breathitt 9th grade? I heard they are going back to the middle school. Are they going to be able to play with the high school? These are some good ballplayers and good kids. Any Answers?
Also the 7th graders are going back to elementary school cause Marie Roberts' Coach called the house to tell my brother about basetball camp, and he just graduated 6th grade.
So I don't know if the 9th graders will get to play or not.
The 9th graders will still be considered high schoolers, they just wont be at Breathitt. I know this is retarded.
why are they doing this?
Breathitt is doing this because its supposed to increase the test scores for the state. But who really knows why they are doing this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:The 9th graders will still be considered high schoolers, they just wont be at Breathitt. I know this is retarded.

So if they are staying, who is going to coach these kids? Will they play any varsity ball??
C.Clair Wrote:Breathitt is doing this because its supposed to increase the test scores for the state. But who really knows why they are doing this.

Does anyone know the real reason??
I believe it has something to do with football. With the 9th grade out of the school and back in the gradeschool, I don't think they have to count them on their enrollment at the high school, which would mean they could drop to Class A in stead of 2A. Everything revolves around football at this school, so I'm positive that this rumor is probably correct if that is even possible according to how the KHSAA counts the kids in the school. Who really knows? Only time will really tell the real truth to the reason why this is happening.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I believe it has something to do with football. With the 9th grade out of the school and back in the gradeschool, I don't think they have to count them on their enrollment at the high school, which would mean they could drop to Class A in stead of 2A. Everything revolves around football at this school, so I'm positive that this rumor is probably correct if that is even possible according to how the KHSAA counts the kids in the school. Who really knows? Only time will really tell the real truth to the reason why this is happening.

:Thumbs: This is just a way that Breathitt can get a lower class in football and still continue their winning ways without playing the big boys.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I believe it has something to do with football. With the 9th grade out of the school and back in the gradeschool, I don't think they have to count them on their enrollment at the high school, which would mean they could drop to Class A in stead of 2A. Everything revolves around football at this school, so I'm positive that this rumor is probably correct if that is even possible according to how the KHSAA counts the kids in the school. Who really knows? Only time will really tell the real truth to the reason why this is happening.

I'm pretty sure they only count the gender to class a sport. Like football classes would be determined by only the number of male students, and volleyball and softball would just be a count of female students....I think that is how it works, but correct me if I'm wrong.

They still count the 9th graders regardless of what building they are in. A school like Beechwood does not have to count all their students since they are K-12 in one building!

No the 9th graders are still considered high schoolers and will still be playing on the varsity sports teams if they are good enough. Also we are in class 3A, not 2A.
Lucky7 Wrote::Thumbs: This is just a way that Breathitt can get a lower class in football and still continue their winning ways without playing the big boys.

Breathitt Is not dropping to 2A, we will be staying in class 3A. Also it looks like were doing pretty good playing with the big boys, after all we did make it to the state championship game last year.

I thought Breathith was 3a?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I thought Breathith was 3a?

We are in 3A, some people just do not know there information before they post on here(mhg).
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:No the 9th graders are still considered high schoolers and will still be playing on the varsity sports teams if they are good enough. Also we are in class 3A, not 2A.

How did the varsity and JV do at the AAU?? Did anyone watch them or hear about them? How did the these 9th graders do down there??
In the varsity, they beat Danville 89-75 in the 1st round of the tournament, then lost 50-110 to Clay County in the 2nd round.

The JV was beat 51-35 in the 1st round of the tournament by Buckhorn.
There is some reason but who knows
I heard Winnie Cox is going to be the 9th grade coach. Is this true? Any Comments.
14RegionInsider Wrote:I heard Winnie Cox is going to be the 9th grade coach. Is this true? Any Comments.

This is true from what I heard. I still have not heard if the 9th grade will be at the high school. Does any one know? They are playing football at Breathitt. I have heard the 9th grade is having a golf tournament to raise money for the upcoming season.
The official reason is to decrease the drop out rate at the highschool. According to stats it is much easier to transition kids from the middle to highschool once they are sophmores which should theoretically increase Breathitt's retention rate. Whether this is the real reason or not.....you be the judge....
Wow thats honestly messed up
Do you mean so they can get in class 2a instead of the 3a they are in now?
John Rambo Wrote:This is true from what I heard. I still have not heard if the 9th grade will be at the high school. Does any one know? They are playing football at Breathitt. I have heard the 9th grade is having a golf tournament to raise money for the upcoming season.
I want to know what there lineup will look like? That is a good looking bunch of kids. I saw them multiple times at the Sportsplex.
I wonder if there are any other schools in the state of Ky. that house only their 8th and 9th graders in one building? If so, it would be interesting to find out why and how it's working for them. FWIW, this setup will NOT have any bearing on their classification. Ninth graders are still counted as part of the HS enrollment, no matter what building they're in.
Holmes used to have their 8th and 9th graders in one building but it was connected to the high school through a walkway. I believe that they have 7-9 in that building now but could be off of the grades that are there.