• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose Hill Transfers
Today Corey Gregg and JD Adams are the latest to leave Rose Hill. They have enrolled at Ashland.
How big of an impact will these two players have on the Ashland boys team?
whats the deal with players leaving Rose Hill?
We will be fine without them. Adams didn't play last year and we have enough talent on the team to make up for the loss of Gregg.
I would believe the KHSAA investigation would have something to do with it IMO. If you count McKenzie Vanover and Courtney Hammond girl that would make 4 varsity players that have come over to Ashland from Rose Hill.
Cory Gregg is a very good player and Ashland is very lucky to get him. Doesnt Coach Biggs (former PC coach) coach at Ashland? I know Corey played 7th/8th grade ball at Pendleton Co. I wonder if that had anything to do with his decision.
I know Gregg and his decision to come here was influenced by the fact that he knows Bigg's system.
RoyalBlood Wrote:We will be fine without them. Adams didn't play last year and we have enough talent on the team to make up for the loss of Gregg.

Having Adams and Gregg on the Royals squad would have made Rose Hill much better than they will be without them.

Now that some time has passed, it is evident that the shakeup at Rose Hill runs deeper than we first knew.

Adams is now at Russell, John Bush is no longer the coach at Rose Hill, and his son (Kyle) has also transferred to Ashland.
Are these kids eligible and will they get eligible.
Squid Wrote:Having Adams and Gregg on the Royals squad would have made Rose Hill much better than they will be without them.

Now that some time has passed, it is evident that the shakeup at Rose Hill runs deeper than we first knew.

Adams is now at Russell, John Bush is no longer the coach at Rose Hill, and his son (Kyle) has also transferred to Ashland.
The news paper said nothing of Bush stepping down at Rose Hill and Adams isn't at Russell he's at Fairview
Squid Wrote:Having Adams and Gregg on the Royals squad would have made Rose Hill much better than they will be without them.

Royals to play despite transfers Bush joins Terry, Gregg, Kennedy on list of players moving on

http://www.dailyindependent.com/loca...272220733.html

read this article
The paper had a retraction on Friday saying that the Kennedy kid had not enrolled at Chesepeake or anywhere as of last week.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The news paper said nothing of Bush stepping down at Rose Hill and Adams isn't at Russell he's at Fairview

The Hill is keeping the resignation of John Bush very quiet.Confusedhh: They have even hired a boys coach over the past couple of days as well, Mark Watkins will be coaching both boys and girls programs.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:The news paper said nothing of Bush stepping down at Rose Hill and Adams isn't at Russell he's at Fairview

You are correct, Red Devils. I meant "Fairview" when I typed "Russell".

As for Bush, he has definitely stepped down as coach, and his son is definitely enrolled at Ashland.

I wasn't using the newspaper as the source of my information.
TruthandJustice Wrote:The Hill is keeping the resignation of John Bush very quiet.Confusedhh: They have even hired a boys coach over the past couple of days as well, Mark Watkins will be coaching both boys and girls programs.

Exactly. Obviously, they aren't keeping the fact that Bush is stepping down as coach as quiet as they might have liked (since we are already talking about it).

Needless to say, Watkins will have his hands full, trying to coach two teams in the same sport, at the same time, with very thin talent on both squads.

If he is still sane at the end of this upcoming basketball season, it will be a miracle.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Are these kids eligible and will they get eligible.

That's the million dollar question. By rule, you would think that they would not be eligible, unless they actually moved their residence, or something along those lines. The KHSAA still hasn't issued it's ruling (which is due sometime in November) regarding the alleged recruiting violations, and God only knows that no one ever lost any money betting on the KHSAA actually enforcing their own rules in a logical, consistent manner.

Stay tuned, because in another couple of weeks, this ride is going to get bumpy.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Royals to play despite transfers
Bush joins Terry, Gregg, Kennedy on list of players moving on

http://www.dailyindependent.com/loca...272220733.html

read this article

As I said in a post a moment ago - I don't use the newspapers as my source in the case of the Rose Hill transfers. By the time they can get a story, schedule a call with the people involved to confirm the rumors, and actually get it in print, the rest of us have already moved about three steps further down the road. The strength of the article appearing in the paper is usually that it means that they have confirmed the rumors in question.

In this case, it appears that they may have been given some misleading information about Kennedy (but it's really still too early to tell where he'll end up). Of course, the same could be said about all of the kids at Rose Hill.
Squid Wrote:That's the million dollar question. By rule, you would think that they would not be eligible, unless they actually moved their residence, or something along those lines. The KHSAA still hasn't issued it's ruling (which is due sometime in November) regarding the alleged recruiting violations, and God only knows that no one ever lost any money betting on the KHSAA actually enforcing their own rules in a logical, consistent manner.

Stay tuned, because in another couple of weeks, this ride is going to get bumpy.

Logical and consistent are two words that are rarely used in anything concerning the KHSAA, haha. :Thumbs:
Squid Wrote:As I said in a post a moment ago - I don't use the newspapers as my source in the case of the Rose Hill transfers. By the time they can get a story, schedule a call with the people involved to confirm the rumors, and actually get it in print, the rest of us have already moved about three steps further down the road. The strength of the article appearing in the paper is usually that it means that they have confirmed the rumors in question.

In this case, it appears that they may have been given some misleading information about Kennedy (but it's really still too early to tell where he'll end up). Of course, the same could be said about all of the kids at Rose Hill.
Yes they did get the Kennedy wrong and it was they next day they had it corrected I trust the news paper over any source you got.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yes they did get the Kennedy wrong and it was they next day they had it corrected I trust the news paper over any source you got.

You should trust the sources that, over time, have demonstrated credibiilty to you. In the case of the newspaper (the Independent), they are right FAR more often than they are wrong. I consider them to be extremely reliable. The downfall is that, to prevent opening themselves up to issues of libel, they do will not print something that they cannot confirm through sources.

As a person on the street, we do not have those same constraints. We also do not have the burden of needing to ready a story for print - instead, we simply talk about the things we've heard in casual conversation.

As for your trust in me (or lack thereof), I couldn't care less. You have no idea who I am, where I work, who I'm married to, or anything else. If you don't trust me as a source, that's fine. Since I've only put up a handful of posts, you seem to be judging my reliability a little quickly. You certainly have the right to do so. To be honest, I'm not really looking for your approval as a source of information.
This makes the third time is five years that the best players on Rose Hill's team have vacated the premises. Is there a logical explanation?
Seen the same thing over the years at lots of schools. I won't jump to conclusions or hypothosis. This happened at Holy Family, Rose Hill and even several public schools. As long as there are either parents not happy about something or kids looking for greener pastures this will continue to happen everywhere until the KHSAA grows a pair and puts a stop to it.
Steve Kuberski Wrote:This makes the third time is five years that the best players on Rose Hill's team have vacated the premises. Is there a logical explanation?

There is, Steve.

I'll edit my post, and say that, in the long run, if you build your house on sand, it won't last as long as one that is built on bedrock.
Mark it down, the KHSAA will approve all the Rose Hill Transfers, they have been coached on what buzzwords to say and the KHSAA is discreetly (or not so discreetly) in the process of shutting down the Rose Hill Athletic program.
They have declared open season on Rose Hill and their master plan is working. I never realized how smart (and devious) they are and can be.
Have not showed that much in brains before. Somebody must have put the plan together for them.
The KHSAA is getting exactly what they want
I would be a little nervous if i was any other private school in the state.
The KHSAA has found a plan that works and it is only a matter of time before they spring it again on another private school
Just my two cents
dejavu Wrote:Mark it down, the KHSAA will approve all the Rose Hill Transfers, they have been coached on what buzzwords to say and the KHSAA is discreetly (or not so discreetly) in the process of shutting down the Rose Hill Athletic program.
They have declared open season on Rose Hill and their master plan is working. I never realized how smart (and devious) they are and can be.
Have not showed that much in brains before. Somebody must have put the plan together for them.
The KHSAA is getting exactly what they want
I would be a little nervous if i was any other private school in the state.
The KHSAA has found a plan that works and it is only a matter of time before they spring it again on another private school
Just my two cents

I don't know if I buy into the conspiracy theory, but you may be right.

I have no idea if the KHSAA will rule all of the transfers eligible, but it would seem that the only way that they could do so, would be to completely shut down the program.

Then again, we are dealing with the KHSAA ...
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Seen the same thing over the years at lots of schools. I won't jump to conclusions or hypothosis. This happened at Holy Family, Rose Hill and even several public schools. As long as there are either parents not happy about something or kids looking for greener pastures this will continue to happen everywhere until the KHSAA grows a pair and puts a stop to it.

You mean Holy Family grade school?
Steve Kuberski Wrote:You mean Holy Family grade school?

I believe he is referring to the shutdown of Holy Family as a high school (probably 15 - 20 years ago). The grade school is still open, and I believe it runs through the 6th grade or so (maybe as high as 8th grade). Either way, it doesn't have a high school function any more.

The difference between Rose Hill and Holy Family is that, in the case of HF, the high school went out of business, forcing all of the students to find other schools to attend. The basketball players didn't simply leave (en masse), nor was Holy Family under a cloud of suspicion. Holy Family also didn't go through two or three mass exoduses of athletes.

Holy Family was always dedicated to providing the kids that went there with an opportunity to play varsity sports. Even though (like every school in the state) they would occasionally have a kid transfer in or out, they never got to the point where athletics became the driving force of the high school. They never got into mass recruiting, and they never suffered a mass exodus of athletes (until they shut the high school down). I think it would be safe to say that probably 95% of the kids that ever wore a uniform for Holy Family were kids that were raised in the church.
100 % - 95% = Scotty Pope 5% :popcorn:
Squid Wrote:I believe he is referring to the shutdown of Holy Family as a high school (probably 15 - 20 years ago). The grade school is still open, and I believe it runs through the 6th grade or so (maybe as high as 8th grade). Either way, it doesn't have a high school function any more.

The difference between Rose Hill and Holy Family is that, in the case of HF, the high school went out of business, forcing all of the students to find other schools to attend. The basketball players didn't simply leave (en masse), nor was Holy Family under a cloud of suspicion. Holy Family also didn't go through two or three mass exoduses of athletes.

Holy Family was always dedicated to providing the kids that went there with an opportunity to play varsity sports. Even though (like every school in the state) they would occasionally have a kid transfer in or out, they never got to the point where athletics became the driving force of the high school. They never got into mass recruiting, and they never suffered a mass exodus of athletes (until they shut the high school down). I think it would be safe to say that probably 95% of the kids that ever wore a uniform for Holy Family were kids that were raised in the church.

Well said squid, Holy Family also did not let parents to have soapbox on which to stand on. For years Rose Hill have allowed dad's run the boys basketball program and have their own agenda on trying to make there own kids a star at the expense of others.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:100 % - 95% = Scotty Pope 5% :popcorn:

LOL - there were one or two others (that I can think of), but yea, Pope would be in that group. He's a good guy, and by sheer coincidence, his daughter went to Rose Hill.
  • 1(current)
  • Next