Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKY's Most Overrated Teams so far in the '09 Season
In my opinion it is allen central just because i hear alot of people talking on here about how good they are and this is the reason i dont think there so good

game 1 VS Jenkins
they win 60-0 which is a win by a large margin but this is what jenkins has done this year.
they are 1-4. they have scored 39 points. they have given up 220 points.

game 2 VS Jackson County
They win 34-6 which is another good win if you look at it by the score and not who the team is. Jackson has done this so far this season.
They are 0-4. they have scored 50 points and given up 124 points.

game 3 VS Harlan
They win 30-29 in OT. a very good game to watch from the sounds of it.
Harlan is 1-3
they have scored 107 points and 47 of those points came against a very weak williamsburg team. they have given up 125 points.

game 4 vs Paintsville
They win 34-14 which is another good win if you look at it by the score.
Painsville is 2-3. they have scored 116 points and 51 was against a winless south floyd team. they have given up 189 points.

combined opponets record is 4-14
the teams they have played have given up 585 points and only scored 312 points.

these are just facts why i think allen central is way over rated.
i am not saying this as a opinion but when i sit back and look at all the stats so far this season this is what sticks out to me!
Allen Central isn't overrated because they aren't rated high. Everyone knows they have a easy schedule. It's Allen Central, and it's amazing what they are accomplishing. Most overrated team is Breathitt County, followed by Whitley County.
All you can do is play who is on the schedule AC has done that and won.
This thread is being closely watched..... once this thing gets either off topic or personal it will be shut down immediately.
The AC fans could care less what monster_energy or anyone else thinks about their program. These boys have been busting their butts to get better year after year. Underrated- overrated- big deal. We have heard for years how we couldn't beat anybody, we shouldn't have a team and we needed to fold the program. Well now that we are winning- people like you start complaining about the strength of schedule. AC is in a 6 team district, 5 of their games are set in stone and can't be changed. Of the remaining 5 games- they are playing a 2 1-A schools, 1 3-A school and 2 2-A schools. Most of which were under contract and not up for renewal this season. AC is enjoying the success they have worked hard for and they deserve to enjoy it. Keep working hard guys. Stay focused and keep on winning!!
What's the point in this thread? I've not encountered any boasting, bantering or pleading an agenda from Allen Central fans.
Breathitt is definitley overrated.
The fact that ppl are even mentioning AC on all these threads is enough to know they are NOT overrated! The only reason they are in this situation is that they keep on winning. Ask some the opponents of AC and see if they believe AC is overrated. I would think not. They play tough, physical football and 2 of the 4 opponents this season were in the playoffs last year. They are getting some respect and if they take care of business @ Pikeville I think a lot of you guys will be eating crow. Go Rebs!:1:
We are entering Week 6 of the high school football season. I thought this topic would draw some interest. Name the teams in EKY that you think are most overrated so far this season.

Here is my top 3 overrated teams and why:

1. Breathitt County - This was everyone's darling 3A team that was predicted to go undefeated and potentially bring home a state championship to Jackson. Things have changed mightily. The Bobcats have only won one game (first game of the season over Mercer County) and have been rolled over by teams like Lexington Christian and Perry Central. I really can't say if the Bobcats will turn it around or not.

2. Whitley County - This team was hyped up by many (including me) in the pre-season. The Colonels only win was against Lynn Camp (nothing to boast about since Whitley County is a 5A school). Bell County and Belfry had their way with the Colonels, embarrassing them on their home field. The Lexington Catholic loss is nothing to be ashamed of, the Colonels played pretty well in that game. After the Belfry thumping Friday night, I can't tell you where the Colonels will end up in the next few weeks.

3. Johnson Central - The Eagles didn't even win their first game until last week (over a mediocre Middlesboro team). They lost a lot of talent from last year and are playing probably the toughest schedule in EKY, but are getting hammered in those losses (Boyle County, Bell County). Another loss was a loss to a team they would normally massacre (Sheldon Clark). I think the Eagles are on the right track to turn things around though.
take care of business rebels against the panthers, and these haters will go away, its good to see one of the small schools in floyd county playing well !
gotcha2 Wrote:The AC fans could care less what monster_energy or anyone else thinks about their program. These boys have been busting their butts to get better year after year. Underrated- overrated- big deal. We have heard for years how we couldn't beat anybody, we shouldn't have a team and we needed to fold the program. Well now that we are winning- people like you start complaining about the strength of schedule. AC is in a 6 team district, 5 of their games are set in stone and can't be changed. Of the remaining 5 games- they are playing a 2 1-A schools, 1 3-A school and 2 2-A schools. Most of which were under contract and not up for renewal this season. AC is enjoying the success they have worked hard for and they deserve to enjoy it. Keep working hard guys. Stay focused and keep on winning!!

:Thumbs: Excellent post!!
Mason County tops the chart
Breathitt Co.! They got thumped on by a 1A team. I know LCA is the best team in the single A. But even with that said. If the game was close it would be different but it wasn't.:popcorn:
Got to be Breathett
I think Whitley is the most overrated
monster_energy Wrote:In my opinion it is allen central just because i hear alot of people talking on here about how good they are and this is the reason i dont think there so good

game 1 VS Jenkins
they win 60-0 which is a win by a large margin but this is what jenkins has done this year.
they are 1-4. they have scored 39 points. they have given up 220 points.

game 2 VS Jackson County
They win 34-6 which is another good win if you look at it by the score and not who the team is. Jackson has done this so far this season.
They are 0-4. they have scored 50 points and given up 124 points.

game 3 VS Harlan
They win 30-29 in OT. a very good game to watch from the sounds of it.
Harlan is 1-3
they have scored 107 points and 47 of those points came against a very weak williamsburg team. they have given up 125 points.

game 4 vs Paintsville
They win 34-14 which is another good win if you look at it by the score.
Painsville is 2-3. they have scored 116 points and 51 was against a winless south floyd team. they have given up 189 points.

combined opponets record is 4-14
the teams they have played have given up 585 points and only scored 312 points.

these are just facts why i think allen central is way over rated.
i am not saying this as a opinion but when i sit back and look at all the stats so far this season this is what sticks out to me!

i agree with you
breathitt is definetly the most overrated IMO
right now i would say breahitt, i for one thought they would come out of the east,they may turn things around, louisville central is 1-4 as well, but remember the lost 5games in regular season and won state,so wouldnt count either out just yet,esp central..,still no one from the west will beat them
Breathitt County, Whitley County, Boyle County, Corbin everybody agree or if you dont think so state your case
everyones saying breathitt breathitt breathitt well if u go look at central they have the same record as breathitt i think both these teams will come out to state again u just wait and see.but for the most overrated id have to say is Whitley County
Breathitt Co. For a team that is fav. to come out of the east. They should be better then 1-4.
I was afraid whenever I opened this thread that somebody would say Rockcastle!

I don't like to call any team over-rated unless their fans get on here and brag, brag, brag. In that case I can think of at least one team that is under .500 to put in the mix :biggrin:
Breathitt Co hands down!
These are teenagers you all are talking about. There is no point in starting threads like this about kids and calling them and their teams overrated.

Closed.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Breathitt County, Whitley County, Boyle County, Corbin everybody agree or if you dont think so state your case

I agree completely with Breathitt and Whitley County, but Boyle County and Corbin? How do you get that?

Boyle County is undefeated at 4-0 and are manhandling their opponents. Corbin (who is also undefeated) may not be absolutely destroying their opponents, but their defense is holding teams like North & South Laurel to single digit points. The Redhounds defeated a pretty good Danville team as well.

I have voted Boyle County number one in 4A since Week 2, and Corbin number two in 2A from the start of the season. I really don't see how anyone can call either of these two teams overrated.