Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 22 - Boyd County 0
final
another tough loss for the Lions....they've got to quit putting the ball on ground if they even want to compete let alone win a game this year....congrats to Russell
A couple questions who is this new number 71(not on the roster) Jamal somthing what grade etc?

Also where was Jesse White-Reed tonight?
Any stats on this game tonight?

I was not able to make it to this game due to work, so what were the thoughts on the game?

Any one look impressive for either team?
Boyd seemed to dominate t.o.p. 1st half, but they kept fumbling...Russell just did what they do best...they were patient and executed when it counted...but i don't know any final stats yet?
Russell ran the ball very well against Boyd County. Jones I would guess had over 150 yards in three quarters of work. Will Rice probably had another 70 yards or so. In the fourth quarter Zack Thompson and Jordan Roark had some good runs. I don't know why Reed didn't play. There has been a stomach virus going around. Maybe that was it.
Boyd County did a good job in the first half of moving the chains and eating up the clock. Aurthur picked up a couple of big first downs on the bootleg but the lions were unable to finish drives.

Russell came out and just completely controlled the second half.

Alot of mistakes by both teams but I think Russell got a little of there swagger back not facing a team from Ashland or Ironton. The sky has not fallen and Nostradamus was wrong
All in all, it was a good comeback performance by Russell after the 2 bad losses to Ironton and Ashland. They still haven't given up a point to any other teams. :-)

It would be nice to see have some close games, though. They've played 5 games, 3 lopsided in their favor and 2 lopsided against them. Where are the teams on their level?

And you weren't too wrong Nostradamus. You predicted a 21 point margin of victory. It was 22. 1 point off ain't bad. :-)
Boyd County would have made it more competative if they knew how to hold onto the football.....man they drop it likes it hot every game
Russell congrats.
Nice win for Russell
Congrats Russell
Congrats Russell, Boyd keep your head up the season is not over yet.
congrats Russell
Congrats to Russell. Did they tear down the goalpostCool
congrats russell
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Congrats to Russell. Did they tear down the goalpostCool

Haha...nice burn :lmao:

I think they remained intact.....:rockon:
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Congrats to Russell. Did they tear down the goalpostCool

LOL....:Clap:

nah that only happens down the road from Cannonsburg in the "WOOD" ...westwood that is ....:moon:
Nice to see Russell get back on track. Not sure if BC is aware but this year one team from the district won't make the playoffs. They might want to go to the hurry up.
CatDawg Wrote:Nice to see Russell get back on track. Not sure if BC is aware but this year one team from the district won't make the playoffs. They might want to go to the hurry up.

Well i think Rowan and Lawrence are at the top...it'll be 3 team dogfight between BC, GC, and East Carter for those last 2 spots
:redboxer:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:A couple questions who is this new number 71(not on the roster) Jamal somthing what grade etc?

Also where was Jesse White-Reed tonight?

Jamal Warsame, he is new. White-Reed serving some discipline time.
I'll agree with you there FF.
Nice win by Russell.
Good win for the Devils! I like 71, good size.
luvthegame Wrote:Jamal Warsame, he is new. White-Reed serving some discipline time.
Any details on Jamal what grade height weight ect?
CatDawg Wrote:Nice to see Russell get back on track. Not sure if BC is aware but this year one team from the district won't make the playoffs. They might want to go to the hurry up.
I agree with you CatDawg, district play starting, and BC seems to be not playing very well, penalties and turnovers, will kill you, Rowan County, Lawrence County and Greenup County are playing good football, East and Boyd County may be playing for 4th place.:Thumbs:
Penalties and turnovers were more of a problem for Russell in this game than for Boyd County.

Stats
R , BC
First Downs............... 16 , 14
Rushes-yards..........38-329 , 40-117
Comp-Att-Int..........2-4-0 , 4-14-0
Passing Yards........... 12 , 52
Return Yards............ 22 , 62
Penalties-yards........ 9-70 , 3-25
Fumbles-lost............ 3-1 , 3-2
Punts-avg............... 3-37 , 4-27

Ind Stats

Russell rushing: Jones 13-169, Rice 7-54, Thompson 5-30, Roark 2-30, Spradlin 2-16, Mussetter 1-13, Dehoff 4-10, Hurn 2-5, Cooper 1-2, Sparks 1-0

Boyd County rushing: Bryant 14-58, Arthur 12-30, Smith 7-22, Rice 4-15, Stewart 3-(-8)

Russell Passing: Dehoff 1 for 3 6 yds, Sparks 1-1 6 yds

Boyd County Passing: Arthur 4-14 52 yds

Russell recieving: Davidson 1-6, Mussetter 1-6

Boyd County recieving: Moore 2-36, Johnson 1-11, Ross 1-5
FBALL Wrote:Penalties and turnovers were more of a problem for Russell in this game than for Boyd County.

Stats
R , BC
First Downs............... 16 , 14
Rushes-yards..........38-329 , 40-117
Comp-Att-Int..........2-4-0 , 4-14-0
Passing Yards........... 12 , 52
Return Yards............ 22 , 62
Penalties-yards........ 9-70 , 3-25
Fumbles-lost............ 3-1 , 3-2
Punts-avg............... 3-37 , 4-27

Ind Stats

Russell rushing: Jones 13-169, Rice 7-54, Thompson 5-30, Roark 2-30, Spradlin 2-16, Mussetter 1-13, Dehoff 4-10, Hurn 2-5, Cooper 1-2, Sparks 1-0

Boyd County rushing: Bryant 14-58, Arthur 12-30, Smith 7-22, Rice 4-15, Stewart 3-(-8)

Russell Passing: Dehoff 1 for 3 6 yds, Sparks 1-1 6 yds

Boyd County Passing: Arthur 4-14 52 yds

Russell recieving: Davidson 1-6, Mussetter 1-6

Boyd County recieving: Moore 2-36, Johnson 1-11, Ross 1-5

Penalties, but not turnovers....BC lost 1 more fumble and the places at which they lost it were killlers as well...i'm not saying they would have won b/c Boyd has done that all year, but if they'd ever finish a drive the game might be competative....:devilflam
nice game russell
Congrads to Russell!