Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins vs Pound (VA) 9/18
Who wins?
Thoughts?
Prediction?
Pound but it should be close.
I hope Jenkins can bounce back after that big loss to Brossart. I am taking Jenkins by 6.
Pound
Jenkins
Who knows..
Pound by 6
I hope that the Cav's can come out of their slump. This last week, after their last loss. Seems like they have lost more than just a few games. Its as if they don't care any more. They have lost I think 4 boys. I think that it has alot to do with the way the parents and the community have been talking and acting. All of us, soo called adults need to stop the negativity and support our boys. Come on boys I know you can do it. Please just don't quit trying, it will come.
LET'S GO OUT THERE AND BEAT POUND, WE DONE GREAT OUR LAST HOME GAME.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAV'S:Cheerlead
I have no clue as to why these kids have quit......With programs that are trying to build this happens a lot. Kids and adults should understand what the goals are here. First players and parents should know that a foundation has to be set and that is not the number of wins you have in a season. It is the effort and hard work that goes into preparation. If players quit the only example one is setting is when things go bad quit. The goal should be work as hard as you can and do your very best then go back to work. Is that easy, NO, but it has to be the mentality. Earlier post suggest that this has been a problem in the program. Until it stops this program will not make the turn. I have been on that side of it before. What can Jenkins older players take from this season is they work hard and set a foundation to build on. Good luck and keep working. Just a thought.
jenkins by 14.
Jenkins by a touchdown. What is pound's record?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Jenkins by a touchdown. What is pound's record?

Pound is 2-1
Won against Morgan co. 31-28
Lost against Kelly(va) 0-47
Won against Castlewood(va) 32-12
Thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Who knows..

great insight man. u tryin to just up your post count or what?
Jenkins could possibly take it but they are going to have to want it really bad!
If the Cavs dont get down on themselves i believe they have a chance to win.
They need to dig deep and play hard for 4 qtrs.
Dont take any plays off and stay focused.
Good luck Jenkins.
Jenkins-16
Pound(VA)-14
Panthers_15 Wrote:Pound is 2-1
Won against Morgan co. 31-28
Lost against Kelly(va) 0-47
Won against Castlewood(va) 32-12

Beat an improved Morgan co., who lost in a close game against a solid Magoffin co. squad 24-20. I GUARANTEE Pound is better than Bishop Brossart and the Bishop lead 42-0 at the half(56-6 final) against the Cavaliers. Pound will win by 50 easily, This is the most realistic prediction on this thread.:Thumbs: I will however cut the Jenkin's hopefull a little slack on my prediction by saying Pound 48 Jenkins 0.
cav mom Wrote:I hope that the Cav's can come out of their slump. This last week, after their last loss. Seems like they have lost more than just a few games. Its as if they don't care any more. They have lost I think 4 boys. I think that it has alot to do with the way the parents and the community have been talking and acting. All of us, soo called adults need to stop the negativity and support our boys. Come on boys I know you can do it. Please just don't quit trying, it will come.
LET'S GO OUT THERE AND BEAT POUND, WE DONE GREAT OUR LAST HOME GAME.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAV'S:Cheerlead

If they are not willing to have the DEDICATION in the tough times then they are the very ones who will quit on you in the 4th quarter when the games on the line. You will be a better team without them. You may not win another game but if the players that remain are dedicated and put the overall of the TEAM first, You will be better. It's about who you are now, not who you are not. The scoreboard may not show it but you will be better. Let them quit, Rely on the ones who are willing to make that sacrifice. Win or lose, They are winners for doing that.
The coach calling the offense did seem to have an ideal as to what he was trying to do.
Their offensive line simply did not block anyone. Their defense was not a factor at all.
They had good size up front, way bigger than us but appeared lost as to who to block.
If their head coach was the one calling the offense, He has an ideal as to what he's doing, the line is getting them stuffed. The head coach needs to work with his defensive coach though, They were really lost on defense. We lead 42 to nothing at halftime and played JV the second half. From my perspective.
F.N.L. Wrote:Beat an improved Morgan co., who lost in a close game against a solid Magoffin co. squad 24-20. I GUARANTEE Pound is better than Bishop Brossart and the Bishop lead 42-0 at the half(56-6 final) against the Cavaliers. Pound will win by 50 easily, This is the most realistic prediction on this thread.:Thumbs: I will however cut the Jenkin's hopefull a little slack on my prediction by saying Pound 48 Jenkins 0.

Have you seen us play? We are 3 and 0. We do not play them so we will not know the answer for sure.:dontthink
F.N.L. Wrote:If they are not willing to have the DEDICATION in the tough times then they are the very ones who will quit on you in the 4th quarter when the games on the line. You will be a better team without them. You may not win another game but if the players that remain are dedicated and put the overall of the TEAM first, You will be better. It's about who you are now, not who you are not. The scoreboard may not show it but you will be better. Let them quit, Rely on the ones who are willing to make that sacrifice. Win or lose, They are winners for doing that.
Couldn't have said it any better! Keep working hard CAVS!
pound fumbles alot and its raining so the cavs might have a chance
I doubt that Pound is better than Bishop. I just think this is a game that Jenkins can be better, and I think they will pull out with a win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

We lost, I was disappointed with myself where i had only got 1 solo and 2 assist tackles, but were still 0-0 in division
I'll take the KY team
Stardust Wrote:I'll take the KY team
You shouldnt have. Pound beat them by a million and 6. Jenkins has decided to pack it in and call it a season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:You shouldnt have. Pound beat them by a million and 6. Jenkins has decided to pack it in and call it a season.

Real classy. Show much respect shown.
You all got to realize that this season is a learning experience. No matter what happens cavaliers, keep your head up. You all will get better. Remember to work hard the rest of the season, and I think you guys need to have a thought that after the season is over with, the season begins the next day. Work on weights, and listen to your coaches. I still think with hard work there is plenty of chances to win some games. If you win 3 it will be a improvement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

again look toward the next game not one played last week. Learn correct and prepare for friday's game, forget about the last one
sherman14 Wrote:Real classy. Show much respect shown.
Call it what you will, but its the truth. Are you trying to tell me that Jenkins has given it 100% the past two games?? If you say they have, Ill tell you that you are crazy. I agree this is a learning experience, but part of that learning experience means dont give up when you get down 14, and this team has PACKED IT IN AND QUIT the last two games. I love Larry Maggard, and I knew there would be some speedbumps, but lose by 50 to Bishop Brossart and Pound??!?!?!?!?! Jeez Sherman, wake up man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]