Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridge Wilson Suspended
Rich Brooks announced that Ridge Wilson will be suspended for the Louisville game and potentially longer. I met Ridge last year and found the kid to be an engaging and interesting young man. My hope is that the early reports of the situation turn out to be false. If not, I suspect his punishment will be severe, at least at it pertains to the team.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=28172

UK freshman linebacker Ridge Wilson will be charged with 4th degree assault after being accused of punching a female in the face on UK’s campus. WLEX is reporting the Wilson immediately left the scene of the incident and has not been seen since.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=28160
Well that sucks.

Wilson graduated from Central high school in Louisville last spring. Hopefully he'll be able to straighten things out.
Innocent until proven guilty.

With that said, if he really did what is being alleged I think Brooks should send him packing because hitting a woman is dispicable.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Innocent until proven guilty.

With that said, if he really did what is being alleged I think Brooks should send him packing because hitting a woman is dispicable.
i dont believe you should be suspended if you haven't had anything proven against you. but i guess brooks sees it as he shouldn't had put himself in that position to begin with.
I'm a firm believer of giving someone a second chance. Yes, punching a female in the face is pretty serious, but we still don't know if he is guilty or not. I can only hope he is not guilty because he is a good football player. But if he is proven guilty he should be suspended for the season. But I don't think he should be kicked off the team. If Brooks does decide to boot him off the team then it could really turn out bad for Wilson's future. I doubt anyone else will give him a shot and when someone usually gives up on a young adult they don't take it well and begin becoming someone their not.

Like I said before, I hope everything gets straightened out.
He probably got suspended for disappearing...the Article did say that he hasn't been seen since, right?
vundy33 Wrote:He probably got suspended for disappearing...the Article did say that he hasn't been seen since, right?

yes it does
vundy33 Wrote:He probably got suspended for disappearing...the Article did say that he hasn't been seen since, right?
yep thats the catch. dude is probably guilty then......
If guilty, send him to Lagrange for a few months and let them boys smack him around, maybe he'd learn his lesson. He won't get a second chance at UK, but Georgetown would prolly pick him up.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Brooks is known for running a clean program so if this is true, hes gone and its his own fault...Things like this tick me off with athletes
Our top receiver starting the season last year at Pikeville College punched a girl in the face, he wasn't here 3 days later. Don't see why if Wilson is guilty he is given any different treatment.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Our top receiver starting the season last year at Pikeville College punched a girl in the face, he wasn't here 3 days later. Don't see why if Wilson is guilty he is given any different treatment.

Did anybody punch him in the face before he left?
All Rise
Hasn't been seen since the accident?

Guilty!

Court Adjourned
Redneck Wrote:Did anybody punch him in the face before he left?

Nope but a bunch were going to, so I think he got the picture and got the heck out of town.
The "hasn't been seen since" isn't true from what I know. WKYT reported that after the police report was filed, he turned himself in a couple hours later.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redneck Wrote:If guilty, send him to Lagrange for a few months and let them boys smack him around, maybe he'd learn his lesson. He won't get a second chance at UK, but Georgetown would prolly pick him up.
Oh theyd do more than smack him around lol..:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What a shame! I hope he straightens it out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh theyd do more than smack him around lol..:biggrin:

Yeah, them tripod guys with nicknames like Horse and Mule would teach him a lesson :biggrin: