Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toughest District in EKY
Who do you think has the toughest district on the eastern side of the state?
Ashland Johnson Cent. Woodford co. Montgomery Co....not a bad district
Mason Co., Russell, Fleming Co., Lewis Co., West Carter.... each team in this district is improved from last year, except maybe Russell, not saying that theyre not good(its Russell) i just think that last years team was better.
Class 5A District 8 without a doubt is the toughest district in EKY, maybe the state.

Clay County
Harlan County
Letcher Central
North Laurel
Perry County Central
Whitley County
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Class 5A District 8 without a doubt is the toughest district in EKY, maybe the state.

Clay County
Harlan County
Letcher Central
North Laurel
Perry County Central
Whitley County

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Not the best teams, but definately the most competitive.
LClion4life Wrote:Mason Co., Russell, Fleming Co., Lewis Co., West Carter.... each team in this district is improved from last year, except maybe Russell, not saying that theyre not good(its Russell) i just think that last years team was better.

I do agree that everyteam has improved from last year and I believe Russell has to but this district is still a long way from being one of the best in eky.
devilhorns05 Wrote:I do agree that everyteam has improved from last year and I believe Russell has to but this district is still a long way from being one of the best in eky.

i know it has a long way i was just stating that it is getting better.
LClion4life Wrote:i know it has a long way i was just stating that it is getting better.

agreed
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ding! Ding! Ding!

Not the best teams, but definately the most competitive.

5A District 8 - There is no state champions going to come out of this district but there is nobody in eastern Kentucky who could beat Highlands. Bell County would have the only chance. From top to bottom this is the best district in eastern kentucky.

Class A

District 8 - Allen Central, Paintsville, and Pikeville are all competitive but none can play with the better teams in the mountains. Pikeville has a chance if they keep improving.

District 7 - Hazard is the only one who can compete with the top teams and they are down some this year due to graduation of players off of a team who made the state championship game. They are still competitive as they gave Letcher Central a good game.

Class AA

District 7 - Prestonsburg is a top team in the mountain and they play a tough pre-district schedule. They need to though as their district is weak. Shelby Valley is much improved this year but usually they are not very competitive. You could combine Morgan and Bath and not make a very good team.

District 8 - Corbin also plays a tough pre-district as they are on vacation during district play. Knott Central, Leslie County, and Middlesboro cannot compete with anyone this year.

Class AAA

District 6 - Breathitt County has struggled in pre-district play as they have played a tough schedule. They will be on vacation during district also as Estill, Magoffin, and Powell would struggle competing in Class A.

District 7- Mason and Russell are good programs. The rest are mediocre at best.

District 8 - Belfry and Sheldon Clark are top programs. Pike Central is improving. East Ridge is a bottomfeeder in the mountains.

Class AAAA

District 7 - Bell is the class of eastern kentucky and Knox and Rockcastle are solid programs. The rest are homecoming games.

District 8 - Lawrence and Rowan appear to be solid programs this year. East Carter could be there to. Greenup and Boyd are struggling.
"Greenup and Boyd are struggling." Greenup will turn it around with Corey Lyle and Rashard Carter, 2 of the best backs in NE Ky, in the backfield,
the funny thing about that is Greenup and Boyd are the District winners for the last 2 years...not saying that will happen this year b/c Lawrence seems to be the cream of the crop right now and Rowan has a chance with that backfield, but still those have been the top 2 teams last few years, the Lions and Musketeers.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:5A District 8 - There is no state champions going to come out of this district but there is nobody in eastern Kentucky who could beat Highlands. Bell County would have the only chance. From top to bottom this is the best district in eastern kentucky.

Class A

District 8 - Allen Central, Paintsville, and Pikeville are all competitive but none can play with the better teams in the mountains. Pikeville has a chance if they keep improving.

District 7 - Hazard is the only one who can compete with the top teams and they are down some this year due to graduation of players off of a team who made the state championship game. They are still competitive as they gave Letcher Central a good game.

Class AA

District 7 - Prestonsburg is a top team in the mountain and they play a tough pre-district schedule. They need to though as their district is weak. Shelby Valley is much improved this year but usually they are not very competitive. You could combine Morgan and Bath and not make a very good team.

District 8 - Corbin also plays a tough pre-district as they are on vacation during district play. Knott Central, Leslie County, and Middlesboro cannot compete with anyone this year.

Class AAA

District 6 - Breathitt County has struggled in pre-district play as they have played a tough schedule. They will be on vacation during district also as Estill, Magoffin, and Powell would struggle competing in Class A.

District 7- Mason and Russell are good programs. The rest are mediocre at best.

District 8 - Belfry and Sheldon Clark are top programs. Pike Central is improving. East Ridge is a bottomfeeder in the mountains.

Class AAAA

District 7 - Bell is the class of eastern kentucky and Knox and Rockcastle are solid programs. The rest are homecoming games.

District 8 - Lawrence and Rowan appear to be solid programs this year. East Carter could be there to. Greenup and Boyd are struggling.

Great post and great breakdown.

There is another team in 3A that will surprise people and more than likely should make a deep run in the playoff as no one is talking about them and thats somerset.
bac2369 Wrote:Great post and great breakdown.

There is another team in 3A that will surprise people and more than likely should make a deep run in the playoff as no one is talking about them and thats somerset.

You are exactly right. I feel like Somerset has an awesome team this year and I wasn't trying to slight them. I was mainly focusing on districts that all their teams were in the Eastern Kentucky corridor. Their district is spread out to more south central Kentucky. You are right, Somerset is to be reckoned with this year.
flavorflav Wrote:the funny thing about that is Greenup and Boyd are the District winners for the last 2 years...not saying that will happen this year b/c Lawrence seems to be the cream of the crop right now and Rowan has a chance with that backfield, but still those have been the top 2 teams last few years, the Lions and Musketeers.

Sounds like the district has improved then because Greenup County was beaten badly by Letcher Central last year.
3A-8 and 5A-8
Class 5A- District 8!
Class 5A district 8 by far, dont get me wrong there are teams out there in other districts that are better but from top to bottom there is not a tougher or more competative ditrict from top to bottom.
There is a clear one threw four in most other districts.
District 7, 4A You got Bell, Rock, Knox Central,McCeary Central, & Madison Southern

Bell, Rock, and Knox are all ways up there close to the top in 4a, as McCeary & Southern are geting Better