Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 24 - Morgan Co. 20
This was a very good game to watch. Morgan is a much, much better team than the last few years.. Magoffin looked pretty good. #1 for Magoffin Co. was the difference maker for them tonight. He ran very good.
Morgan was driving for the win late in the 4th and fumbled the ball on the 30 yard line. Wow, there was alot of idiots predicting Magoffin by 50. Morgan beat theirselves. All I heard was about Magoffin's passing offense. They did not hurt Morgan at all throwing. People in the stands were saying how young Morgan is and I also heard some Magoffin fans saying Magoffin had alot of seniors and this was supposed to be the best Magoffin team ever. I was not impressed and a young Morgan team shut Magoffin's passing down. Magoffin was very fortunate to win. I made a long drive to see Magoffin's spread offense and another poster on here said Morgan had a soft defense, well, Morgan's D gave Magoffin fits.
Congrats Magoffin County
congrats magoffin co.
Morgan shut down Magoffin's passing attack. Magoffin was lucky to win against a young Morgan team. Morgan was driving for the win and fumbled late in the 4th. I made a long drive to see Magoffin's spread offense, I was not impressed at all. Morgan should have beat them and Morgan picked them off twice. Morgan's D did not appear soft to me and I made the drive to see Magoffin's spread offense. Who was the idiot that picked Magoffin by 50+? Magoffin was very fortunate to win. Morgan is running that old school Wing T. I haven't seen that in years. They were lined up toe to toe and scored on the first play.
Alot of overlooking IMO on all these 50+ blowout ignorant predictions. I will also say Morgan's D gave Magoffin fits. I came to see Magoffin but was more impressed with Morgan.
I drove to see the spread offense of Magoffin, now, I want to learn more about the wing t after seeing Morgan.
I caught the end on the radio, I thought Morgan had it but they fumbled late in the 4th.
richardhead Wrote:I drove to see the spread offense of Magoffin, now, I want to learn more about the wing t after seeing Morgan.

If you like the Wing-T, go to the Lawrence Co./Shelby Valley game next week. The Bulldogs are looking good in that offense so far this year. They put up 36 pts. on a very tough Sheldon Clark defense last week.
richardhead Wrote:Morgan shut down Magoffin's passing attack. Magoffin was lucky to win against a young Morgan team. Morgan was driving for the win and fumbled late in the 4th. I made a long drive to see Magoffin's spread offense, I was not impressed at all. Morgan should have beat them and Morgan picked them off twice. Morgan's D did not appear soft to me and I made the drive to see Magoffin's spread offense. Who was the idiot that picked Magoffin by 50+? Magoffin was very fortunate to win. Morgan is running that old school Wing T. I haven't seen that in years. They were lined up toe to toe and scored on the first play.
Alot of overlooking IMO on all these 50+ blowout ignorant predictions. I will also say Morgan's D gave Magoffin fits. I came to see Magoffin but was more impressed with Morgan.

Well Magoffins spread offense is not all about them throwing the ball. Its about getting the play makers the ball in space so they can make plays. And if you was at the game I am sure you remember the name Josten Helton. He was on of those playmakers that made plays for the hornets. And Magoffin did throw the ball down field on morgan.
I dont wanna take anything away from Morgan because they do have one of the best teams i have seen there in a while. But lets not forget who won the game.
I will agree, the Magoffin County team that took the field tonight was not the team we have seen the past 2 weeks. The Hornets O-Line had their times, but for the most part they struggled. And something else that really didn't help the Hornets was the horrible play calling...I mean everyone at that game knew what the next play was going to be, they ran the same run plays over and over. Why not air it out a little more? But it was a heck of a game, and both teams played great. Morgan county definitely earned my respect tonight! Magoffin just needs to improve on the "little things" in order to become a great program this year! I wish the best of luck to both teams on the remainder of the season!
You are speaking of #1. He is fast but he is simply the only threat Magoffin had. I wanted to see an explosive spread offense attack and was lead to believe from posters Magoffin would put 50+ on the board against Morgan Well, that simply did not happen and I simply was not impressed. The first deep ball Magoffin throwed was intercepted by Morgan. I agree Magoffin did win but they were nothing what I was lead to believe.
#1 was a fast back but he was beaten up pretty good by Morgan's D and I saw him once limp off the field and lay on the sideline, I do hope he's ok though. Magoffin just wasn't what I expected at all.
Im glad to hear that Morgan county is turning things around...sounds like Magoffin didnt live up to the hype tonight but winning is what it is, congrats Hornets!
No way I would have guessed that this game would be this close!!!! I am not officially on the Morgan band wagon yet, but there seems to be some improvement from last season. The Cougars are young, and that may help them over come the bad taste in their mouths they've had the past couple years. For a program to have sustained success, you have to have the same coaching staff/system in place season in and season out. Maybe the Morgan County can get their program turned all the way around if they can keep a coach in there for more than one season!!!!!!
Sounds like Morgan has come a long way. Congrats Magoffin on the win. I knew Morgan's defense would be better.
richardhead, do you think you have bashed Magoffin enough? They did come away with the win despite struggling on offense all night. Don't make judgments just based on what you saw during one game. Helton is the real deal at running back. In only three games, he has put up over 600 yards on the ground including 160 tonight. Magoffin's passing game was not up to par but it was not because of Morgan County's defense. Saying that they gave Magoffin fits is stretching it a bit. This could have easily been a 20+ victory by the Hornets. I do give the Cougars credit though. They have improved dramatically since the last time these two met. Great game by both teams.
richardhead Wrote:Morgan shut down Magoffin's passing attack. Magoffin was lucky to win against a young Morgan team. Morgan was driving for the win and fumbled late in the 4th. I made a long drive to see Magoffin's spread offense, I was not impressed at all. Morgan should have beat them and Morgan picked them off twice. Morgan's D did not appear soft to me and I made the drive to see Magoffin's spread offense. Who was the idiot that picked Magoffin by 50+? Magoffin was very fortunate to win. Morgan is running that old school Wing T. I haven't seen that in years. They were lined up toe to toe and scored on the first play.

Morgan Co. is running the double wing this year, they may have a package or a few plays with the Wing-T but their base offense is the double wing.
richardhead Wrote:I drove to see the spread offense of Magoffin, now, I want to learn more about the wing t after seeing Morgan.

On most years if you like the wing-t watching Russell will give you a good example of the wing-t.
Way to go hornets!
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
congrads to the Hornets!!!!
Nice win Hornets!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:On most years if you like the wing-t watching Russell will give you a good example of the wing-t.

I thought of Russell (the "classic" Wing-T team) , but...Lawrence Co. is running it better this year.
well it sounds like to me all you are doing is trying to put magoffin down...and it also sounds like to Me you're just being a SORE LOSER...magoffin WON thats the FACTS!!! win by 1 win by 100 ITS STILL WINNING!

Magoffin WON... win by 1 or 100 its still WINNING!! now GET OVER IT!
Good job Magoffin with a good win AT THE HOME FIELD of a much improved Morgan Co. team. Keep your heads up Morgan and keep playing hard. The wins will start rolling in.Good luck both teems this next week. Don't let the riggors of a close game take there toll on either of you.
I do not mean to be critical of the Magoffin team. I actually came to see Magoffin's spread offense. You are correct a win is a win and congrats to Magoffin. I was not impressed with their spread offense. #1 for Magoffin was a good athelete but he is simply all they have IMO. I was looking to see the ball spread all around the field as in a true spread offense.

It isn't a wing t. It is a double wing. Estill Co runs it, too.